ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-13-2013, 05:48 AM   #1
wrongturn OP
Directionally challanged

Oddometer: 128
Goldwing on Table Mesa

First of all thanks Nick and Tom for showing us around. So we were riding back from Bloody Basin to Highway 17 on Table Mesa rd. and in the middle of nowhere we came across a Honda Goldwing in the middle of a small wash up right with it's kickstand down almost as if he had finally given up. We yelled for a while but no answer. When we got back to civilization we let the local sheriff know. I know that people count on GPS's way to much sometimes but this was ridiculous. Whoever rode that bike in worked very hard for a while to get it that deep. Anybody know anything about it? We came across it on 4/2.
wrongturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 07:38 AM   #2
DurtKlod
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,271
Wow. Which direction was it pointed? Curious as if it appeared they tried to come in from Cave Creek or I-17.
About a year ago, I came across a guy way down in there driving a two wheel drive truck. Pulled up next to him to ask if he was okay. He was about halfway through, pointed towards I-17, looking for Sheep's Crossing, and very drunk.
Sidenote... I left you a PM on your New England Dirt Bike site asking if you planned to post any of your Arizona ride pictures anywhere. I'd like to see them if you have.
Old 04-13-2013, 11:39 AM   #3
wrongturn OP
Directionally challanged

Oddometer: 128
He was headed towards Bloody Basin, guessing about 12 miles in. I saw your post but have not seen any pictures yet. The other guys don't know about this site even though I've talked to them about it. They're still wondering how I got together with you and Nick.
wrongturn is offline   Reply With Quote