ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Ride reports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-13-2013, 04:57 AM   #121
dwj - Donnie OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
dwj - Donnie's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: Traveling on the Moto or Escuitla, Chiapas, Mexico
Oddometer: 13,243
dwj - Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 05:30 AM   #122
dwj - Donnie OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
dwj - Donnie's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: Traveling on the Moto or Escuitla, Chiapas, Mexico
Oddometer: 13,243
A soap truck.



Guatemala, I think!

dwj - Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 05:31 AM   #123
dwj - Donnie OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
dwj - Donnie's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: Traveling on the Moto or Escuitla, Chiapas, Mexico
Oddometer: 13,243
Getting close to Mexico!



dwj - Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 05:33 AM   #124
dwj - Donnie OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
dwj - Donnie's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: Traveling on the Moto or Escuitla, Chiapas, Mexico
Oddometer: 13,243


And that is all of the pictures. I was not planning on doing a Ride Report for this trip, nor did I attempt to document the trip with photos. I post these here at the request of friends. Maybe you have seen enough to motivate you to head south and experience a different culture. I know that I will be returning!
dwj - Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 06:21 AM   #125
jjhubbard51
Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Location: Fairhope, AL
Oddometer: 32
Thanks Donnie

Hello Donnie,

I really enjoyed your trip. I will be leaving Lower Alabama in two weeks for an open ended trip to Latin America....this will be my first time in Latin America and following your adventure and others like yours have been invaluable in helping me to prepare.

Thanks Again,

Johnny Hubbard
jjhibbard51.blogspot.com
jjhubbard51laa.blogspot.com
jjhubbard51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 06:48 AM   #126
dwj - Donnie OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
dwj - Donnie's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: Traveling on the Moto or Escuitla, Chiapas, Mexico
Oddometer: 13,243
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjhubbard51 View Post
Hello Donnie,

I really enjoyed your trip. I will be leaving Lower Alabama in two weeks for an open ended trip to Latin America....this will be my first time in Latin America and following your adventure and others like yours have been invaluable in helping me to prepare.

Thanks Again,

Johnny Hubbard
jjhibbard51.blogspot.com
jjhubbard51laa.blogspot.com

I have your Blog Bookmarked and will be following!
dwj - Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 08:05 AM   #127
AdvPrima
n00b
 
Joined: Apr 2013
Oddometer: 8
I'm in...
AdvPrima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 12:28 PM   #128
PhillipsMetal
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2012
Location: Alabaster, AL
Oddometer: 133
Many thanks for the pictures!!! Looks like a really nice trip.
__________________
No bribes or bandits - My initiation to Mexico: http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=945109
Back Roads To Bama ride: http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=842228
PhillipsMetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 06:50 PM   #129
camgregus
riding gently now
 
camgregus's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Location: on the banks of the mighty mississippi, AR side
Oddometer: 2,997
Love it
__________________
got to get it on the good foot
camgregus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 07:02 PM   #130
dwj - Donnie OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
dwj - Donnie's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: Traveling on the Moto or Escuitla, Chiapas, Mexico
Oddometer: 13,243
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillipsMetal View Post
Many thanks for the pictures!!! Looks like a really nice trip.
Quote:
Originally Posted by camgregus View Post
Love it

Thanks!
dwj - Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 11:01 AM   #131
R-W
Gnarly Adventurer
 
R-W's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: San Carlos, Mexico
Oddometer: 269
Talking

Donnie,

It was great talking with you the other day. Really enjoyed this RR. (Guess so, cause after being here reading RR's since 2009 you get my first post)
Hey... now my odometer reads "1". Hot diggity!!

The other Clarksdale guy.
R-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 11:42 AM   #132
dwj - Donnie OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
dwj - Donnie's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: Traveling on the Moto or Escuitla, Chiapas, Mexico
Oddometer: 13,243
Quote:
Originally Posted by R-W View Post
Donnie,

It was great talking with you the other day. Really enjoyed this RR. (Guess so, cause after being here reading RR's since 2009 you get my first post)
Hey... now my odometer reads "1". Hot diggity!!

The other Clarksdale guy.

Thanks!
dwj - Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 02:22 PM   #133
Eagletalon
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: Apopka, FL
Oddometer: 382
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwj - Donnie View Post


And that is all of the pictures. I was not planning on doing a Ride Report for this trip, nor did I attempt to document the trip with photos. I post these here at the request of friends. Maybe you have seen enough to motivate you to head south and experience a different culture. I know that I will be returning!
Is this sugar cane? I remember when I was younger back between 1993-96 going with my father to the processing plant (this was in Puerto Rico) and playing around in the brown sugar and where the unprocessed sugar cane was dropped. Having my dad work at the processing plant we got to go often. If I remember correctly it was called Central Plata in San Sebastián, PR

Thanks for sharing man. Always like your pics and updates.

Later
John
Eagletalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 02:51 PM   #134
dwj - Donnie OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
dwj - Donnie's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: Traveling on the Moto or Escuitla, Chiapas, Mexico
Oddometer: 13,243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagletalon View Post
Is this sugar cane? I remember when I was younger back between 1993-96 going with my father to the processing plant (this was in Puerto Rico) and playing around in the brown sugar and where the unprocessed sugar cane was dropped. Having my dad work at the processing plant we got to go often. If I remember correctly it was called Central Plata in San Sebastián, PR

Thanks for sharing man. Always like your pics and updates.

Later
John

I don't think this is sugar cane, I think it may be corn stalks. The picture was taken in the mountains of Guatemala coming down into Mexico near Tapachula, MX.
dwj - Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 11:46 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014