ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-10-2013, 07:04 PM   #1
The Letter J OP
lost in the 690 mega

Oddometer: 774
Pozo: Offroad poker run 4/13

Is anyone here attending the 3rd annual CCMA Nathan Woods memorial poker run at Pozo this coming Saturday 4/13? I'm looking for a riding partner. I've ridden this event before and it is just a fun trail ride with lots of like minded people and they usual have a few easy/hard splits.

I know lots of riders here have passed through the forest roads in Pozo, so this could be a good opportunity to get your feet wet on the trails in the area if you haven't already.

Here is a link to the CCMA site with more info: http://www.centralcoastmoto.com/ there is a BBQ and raffle at the Pozo Saloon after the event and they have had some really nice prizes in the past.

Here is a copy of the invitation e-mail:

All,
The CCMA Nathan Woods Memorial Off Road Poker Run & BBQ will take place next weekend, Saturday April 13, 2013 at Turkey Flats east of Pozo, CA. The BBQ, awards and raffle is at the Pozo Saloon with Music by Sunz of Elvis. Please see attached flyer (below) for further information. Or, go to www.centralcoastmoto.com for information and directions.
Sign up for the Poker Run is from 7:00 a.m. to 10:00. First rider out is 8:30 a.m. and last rider out is 10:30 a.m. Last rider in is 12:30 p.m. The route contains three alternate sections. All bikes must have a spark arrestor and green or red sticker (or license plate)
Entry is $40.00 which includes a Nathan Woods Memoria T-Shirt and a pancake breakfast. All proceeds will be donated. There will also be a raffle (must be present to win).
The BBQ at the Pozo Saloon is $12.00 and is open to anyone. You do not need to ride the Poker Run to enjoy the BBQ. Come enjoy a wonderful afternoon with good food and good music.
SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT: The top prize for the Poker Run and the top prize for the raffle will include a framed jersey signed by Nathan Woods in 2007. The CCMA recently discovered three jerseys and a pair of riding pants autographed by Nathan which he gave the CCMA for the CCMA 2007 Oceano Dunes Beach Race & Festival. The 2007 CCMA Beach Race was the second to last round of the WORCS series that year. At the Beach Race, series leader Kurt Caselli suffered a dnf bringing the championship to a close margin. Nathan, on a Kawasaki carrying #3, went into the last round at Taft with just a few points separating him and Caselli. Nathan won the Taft round, but Caselli's second place finish gave him the championship by a mere four points. The apparel is green Kawasaki with "N. Woods" printed on the back of all three jerseys and #3 printed on one of the jerseys. This recently discovered apparel is filled with fond memories of Nathan competitive spirit and image. Come join in on a day of fun with a chance to win a piece of the legend.
See you there Dennis Law, CCMA Secretary (805) 801-8829
The Letter J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 01:15 PM   #2
superhobie
Soil Sampler

Oddometer: 102
Cry No Love For Pozo

I'm always amazed by the lack of Central Coast ADV action, I guess our user base is somewhat lower than surrounding areas but still kinda of pathetic. Post a Carrizo trip and everybody's on it, post a Pozo ride and Would love to support the NWoods ride but the BRP is down n out at the moment. If you are looking for someone to ride with in the future give me a shout, always love to explore Pozo and some other fun local stuff including some hush hush trails
superhobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 01:53 PM   #3
The Letter J OP
lost in the 690 mega

I hear ya on the lack of love here for Central Coast rides, I've posted invites several times to Pozo, Ballinger, Taft, etc and usually get no responses. Then again I do usually throw out the "no big bikes" disclaimer which seems to scare a lot of people off.

Let me know when your scooter is back up and running, I usually do 1 or 2 rides a week and I have several other longer trips planned this year. The Penguins ride is in a few weeks though I probably will skip it this year so that I can try the VCMC Qualifier at Gorman. Then it will be the Viewfinder's dualsport on Jun 1. Also planning a ~1300 mile loop to include the D37 LA-Barstow-Las Vegas so start planning now!
Old 04-11-2013, 03:38 PM   #4
dyvking
ahead of his flamin star

Oddometer: 3,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by superhobie
I'm always amazed by the lack of Central Coast ADV action, I guess our user base is somewhat lower than surrounding areas but still kinda of pathetic. Post a Carrizo trip and everybody's on it, post a Pozo ride and Would love to support the NWoods ride but the BRP is down n out at the moment. If you are looking for someone to ride with in the future give me a shout, always love to explore Pozo and some other fun local stuff including some hush hush trails
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Letter J
I hear ya on the lack of love here for Central Coast rides, I've posted invites several times to Pozo, Ballinger, Taft, etc and usually get no responses. Then again I do usually throw out the "no big bikes" disclaimer which seems to scare a lot of people off.
Are you guys going to WARPED?
2014 Fitness Goal: hike 1200 miles. Only 420 more to go.
dyvking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 06:11 PM   #5
superhobie
Soil Sampler

Oddometer: 102
Not this year.

Would like to but have family in town that weekend. Rode up that way a few times last year and talk about a lot of great terrain. Have a track from here to Lake Isabella that is probably 65 percent dirt.
superhobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 11:11 AM   #6
The Letter J OP
lost in the 690 mega

I had a good time at the ride as usual, but was a little disappointed to see the turnout looks like it has gotten significantly smaller each year. I'll try to post up a bit earlier next year!