Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2013, 01:18 PM   #136
OlafofOregon OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 285
Quote:
Originally Posted by sturgeon View Post
Did you happen to measure the max width when they were stuffed?

Dyslexics untie!
About 11" at the maximum bulge. Here's the 35 liters of beans, with top zipped and buckled, lid closed:

For the record, we wouldn't normally pack the Panniers this full - but it is possible.

OlafofOregon screwed with this post 04-01-2013 at 01:18 PM Reason: fixed photo to display inline
Old 04-01-2013, 01:22 PM   #137
sturgeon
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 915
Thanks! :

Dyslexics untie!
Old 04-02-2013, 03:08 AM   #138
Sean-0
Closed

Oddometer: 4,203
Feedback on the Coyote 2013 version

A huge thumbs up ....used the bag with the dry pods on a 4 day ride weekend just gone ...i must say very very impressed ..bags worked great and didnt move all ride .. easy to get on/off and unpack and repack ....bike sat in a downpour for over an hr in a Australian monsoon ....opened bag later in the day and not a single drop got into the bag the drypods were dry and dust free

Im sold on the concept ... a bigger drybag to add to my other G/L drybag would be nice ...i dont think the great basin drybag would suit or would it ?
i need somthing bigger in size to add my therma rest to
Old 04-03-2013, 11:22 AM   #139
OlafofOregon OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Great Basin Dry Bag with Coyote Saddlebag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean-0 View Post
Feedback on the Coyote 2013 version

A huge thumbs up ....used the bag with the dry pods on a 4 day ride weekend just gone ...i must say very very impressed ..bags worked great and didnt move all ride .. easy to get on/off and unpack and repack ....bike sat in a downpour for over an hr in a Australian monsoon ....opened bag later in the day and not a single drop got into the bag the drypods were dry and dust free

Im sold on the concept ... a bigger drybag to add to my other G/L drybag would be nice ...i dont think the great basin drybag would suit or would it ?
i need somthing bigger in size to add my therma rest to
Great to hear the Coyote is working out so well! Which bike are you riding? The Great Basin Dry Bag will work just fine - you'll just have to be careful to keep it off your exhaust and to minimize the weight packed in it. I like to loosely roll my sleeping pad into the Great Basin Dry Bag to hold it up and open, then stuff my sleeping bag into the space in the middle. There's usually a little more room for maps and small items, and all of my sleeping kit is in one bag.

Post some pics if you get the chance!

Cheers!
Old 04-03-2013, 02:44 PM   #140
Sean-0
Closed

The bike is a xr650r ....the G/B drybag .. can you give me the size when rolled to seal and the size when full the outside diameter ....didnt really get a pic of the setup ....the thermarest is 800mm wide when rolled .. tho i can fold in half to get it to 400mm wide .. but then it get rounder if ya get my drift

was hopeing to get my bed roll in there and my tent ..tent poles are 650mm long
Old 04-04-2013, 05:26 PM   #141
OlafofOregon OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Great Basin Dry Bag dimensions

Quote:
The bike is a xr650r ....the G/B drybag .. can you give me the size when rolled to seal and the size when full the outside diameter ....didnt really get a pic of the setup ....the thermarest is 800mm wide when rolled .. tho i can fold in half to get it to 400mm wide .. but then it get rounder if ya get my drift

was hopeing to get my bed roll in there and my tent ..tent poles are 650mm long
Great Basin Dry Bag dimensions
* 18" (46cm) long (when top is rolled three times and buckled)
* 9" (23cm) diameter (when fully stuffed)
Old 04-05-2013, 12:03 AM   #142
Sean-0
Closed

thanks for that ..sounds like it will fit my bed roll fine ...as it only has the 1 loop to go threw ..and the coyote has the 2 loops would this be an issue strapping it down ?? or just run the straps over it not use the loop ?

i got this pic of the rear end .....you can sort of see the bags ..me ninja style

Sean-0 screwed with this post 04-05-2013 at 01:36 AM
Old 04-06-2013, 05:57 AM   #143
JMo (& piglet)
Dakar Dazed

Oddometer: 3,175
Apologies for being a little late to the party! A few more photos from the Tuareg Rallye this year, and the riders using a Giant Loop Mojave:

#133 Dirk Kessler (Team IYSK Wines/RMS)

#317 Jean-Luc Solans (Team IYSK Wines/RMS)

#116 Lukas Matzinger (Husaberg Adventure Team)

I spoke to Jean-Luc after the rally and will post his review of the bag shortly - suffice to say he was as similarly impressed as Lukas was, as indeed am I - it seems perfect for this sort of event where the majority of the field are on essentially a stock enduro/dual-sport bike, and all your 'rallye extras' can be contained in one easy strap-on/off bag!

Jx

JMo (& piglet) screwed with this post 04-06-2013 at 06:03 AM
Old 04-09-2013, 12:22 PM   #144
OlafofOregon OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
thanks for that ..sounds like it will fit my bed roll fine ...as it only has the 1 loop to go threw ..and the coyote has the 2 loops would this be an issue strapping it down ?? or just run the straps over it not use the loop ?

i got this pic of the rear end .....you can sort of see the bags ..me ninja style

As long as the compression straps are kept tight they should be sufficient to secure the Dry Bag event for off-road riding. The lash points make it nearly impossible for the bag to bounce out, but there are also D-rings on the roll top so you can use a carabiner to tether it onto the bike instead of the lash loop(s).
Old 04-09-2013, 12:24 PM   #145
OlafofOregon OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Jenny Dakar's Amazing Tuareg Rallye Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMo (& piglet) View Post
Apologies for being a little late to the party! A few more photos from the Tuareg Rallye this year, and the riders using a Giant Loop Mojave:

#133 Dirk Kessler (Team IYSK Wines/RMS)

#116 Lukas Matzinger (Husaberg Adventure Team)

I spoke to Jean-Luc after the rally and will post his review of the bag shortly - suffice to say he was as similarly impressed as Lukas was, as indeed am I - it seems perfect for this sort of event where the majority of the field are on essentially a stock enduro/dual-sport bike, and all your 'rallye extras' can be contained in one easy strap-on/off bag!

Jx
Awesome photos Jenny! Thank you for the pics and getting the rider feedback for us.
Old 04-11-2013, 01:57 PM   #146
OlafofOregon OP
Gnarly Adventurer

South African Rally Racer Riaan van Niekerk with MoJavi Saddlebag

Giant Loop's South African distributor, Desert Lizard, just posted up some sweet pics of rally racer Riaan van Niekerk getting busy with the MoJavi Saddlebag!
Old 04-11-2013, 02:02 PM   #147
OlafofOregon OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Siskiyou Panniers, Fort Rock Top Case on Triumph Tiger 800 XC

Our friend John dropped by the shop last week with his Triumph Tiger 800 XC, giving us our first real chance to properly fit the Siskiyou Panniers and Fort Rock Top Case on this popular adventure touring machine.

More pics here (last two pages of this gallery).
Old 04-12-2013, 01:14 PM   #148
OlafofOregon OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Installing Saddlebags on KTM EXCs, Husqvarna

Yes! We have a 2013 KTM 500 EXC here at Giant Loop - love this great bike! But there are some fitment challenges with the KTM EXCs and other late model dirt bikes with double-thickness rear fenders and under-seat fuel tanks - the fender hooks on the Coyote Saddlebag and MoJavi Saddlebag cannot get a proper "purchase" on the lip of the fender plastic.

Here are a couple of options for fitting the Coyote Saddlebag and MoJavi Saddlebag on these machines with the double-thickness rear fenders.
Old 04-15-2013, 02:23 PM   #149
dhawker
Adventurer

Oddometer: 38
2013 Fort Rock Tail Bag Capacity

Giant Loop, plus all the other advertisers that I have seen, say the capacity on the "Fort Rock Tail Bag" is 120 liters. I just purchased one and I would say "no way". Has anyone actually measured these things. The "Siskiyou" panniers are 35 liters a side (70 liters total) and they look to hold more than the Fort Rock. Looks more like the same capacity as the "Great Basin" to me, interestingly about the same price as the Great Basin as well.

dhawker screwed with this post 04-15-2013 at 02:43 PM
Old 04-15-2013, 02:29 PM   #150
dhawker
Adventurer

Oddometer: 38
I wish you could do the bean test on the "Fort Rock". Seems impossible to be 120 liters to me, but maybe if you stuff it to the max it is. I would do it, but don't have enough beans

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlafofOregon View Post
About 11" at the maximum bulge. Here's the 35 liters of beans, with top zipped and buckled, lid closed:

For the record, we wouldn't normally pack the Panniers this full - but it is possible.

dhawker screwed with this post 04-15-2013 at 06:44 PM
Closed Thread