Both DL650 & DL1000 64 1.42%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 4500. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-16-2013, 07:28 AM   #2221
lgajohnymac
(*)

Oddometer: 1,128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro1970 View Post
Bought mine in mid Feb and the fuel gauge wasn't working so I took it to the shop to get that fixed and mentioned the surging... A week later they called me and let me know that the fuel gauge was fixed and the parts where ordered to fix the surging... Not sure if they rode it or not... Service bulletin http://bruceatk.com/20130306_055_dl1...e_bulletin.pdf

More reading:
http://www.stromtrooper.com/dl-1000-...-2012-ecm.html
Thanks for the links, I couldn't find the bulletin anywhere a couple weeks ago. And I don't like leaving the bike with the dealer for a whole week, while I am out of town. One would think that the owner would know best and the dealer could order the parts for the work at my, the owner's, request. Then schedule an appointment to do the work.
lgajohnymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 12:00 PM   #2222
Nitro1970
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by lgajohnymac View Post
Thanks for the links, I couldn't find the bulletin anywhere a couple weeks ago. And I don't like leaving the bike with the dealer for a whole week, while I am out of town. One would think that the owner would know best and the dealer could order the parts for the work at my, the owner's, request. Then schedule an appointment to do the work.
I didn't like leaving mine a week either after all I just bought it the week prior(maybe 500-600 miles on it) and now going in the shop... Ugh!!! Just for clarification sake... The fuel gauge took a week to get fixed (only cause they were running behind). When the ECM came in they called me and i rode to the shop. The actual ECM upgrade took about 12 mins after they rolled it in the back... At the dealer maybe 25 mins tops. I put the new plugs in my pocket to install them at a later date. Good luck to ya.
Nitro1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 08:02 PM   #2223
goodcat8
I can pass this guy.....

Oddometer: 2,969
Selling my givi shield if anyone's looking.

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=880925

Old 04-21-2013, 09:53 PM   #2224
jeepinbanditrider
Dunkin Donuts Crasher

Oddometer: 1,130
Took my new Strom out for a little dirt road play time in San Diego County off of Wildcat Canyon Road on the Indian Reservation

Pretty good hillclimb to get to this little hilltop. Great view though and the bike took the hill in stride.
jeepinbanditrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 04:36 AM   #2225
McTacticool
Importer/Exporter

Oddometer: 253
Other windshield options

Selling two MP Cycle Designs windshields from my '02 Dl1000 also.

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=880370
McTacticool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 06:32 PM   #2226
Izrock
Adventurer

Oddometer: 12
Richland Rick Fork Brace

Just wanted to drop a quick line about our experience with Rick's fork brace. My son and I installed the fork braces on our 2007 650 Wees this past weekend and immediately took them out for a 250 mile ride through the tri-state area of NW NC, NE TN, & SW VA. Very twisty roads offered lots of opportunities to see if we could notice a difference in the handling. The answer is a resounding YES! I also rode a couple of hundred miles of interstate passing and being passed by tractor-trailers etc. The turbulence used to be extremely tiring. Now its as if the bike is riding on rails. Bottom line the Rick's fork brace is an excellent product, well priced, well made, and shipped promptly.
Izrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 06:06 AM   #2227
rifflebox
Yee Haw!

Oddometer: 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izrock View Post
Just wanted to drop a quick line about our experience with Rick's fork brace. My son and I installed the fork braces on our 2007 650 Wees this past weekend and immediately took them out for a 250 mile ride through the tri-state area of NW NC, NE TN, & SW VA. Very twisty roads offered lots of opportunities to see if we could notice a difference in the handling. The answer is a resounding YES! I also rode a couple of hundred miles of interstate passing and being passed by tractor-trailers etc. The turbulence used to be extremely tiring. Now its as if the bike is riding on rails. Bottom line the Rick's fork brace is an excellent product, well priced, well made, and shipped promptly.
Ditto. I've had mine a couple of weeks and the bike feels well planted. Handling in high winds and behind tractor-trailers is much improved. Cornering is stable and predictable.

Have you noticed any difference off pavement (e.g., dirt/gravel roads)? I think the added stiffness causes the front "push" a bit, making it feel a bit less stable...but maybe that's just me.
Old 04-23-2013, 07:37 AM   #2228
nbsdave
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 251
I had the same experience.
Passed a truck on a two lane road and had to hang on and hope for the best!
Got the Brace from Rick, put t on and can't believe the difference.
$ well spent.
nbsdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 03:22 PM   #2229
livo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 239
I've seen so many reports that echo this sentiment........ looks like it will have to be my next farkle
Old 04-23-2013, 03:33 PM   #2230
MillCreek
ADV Risk Manager

Oddometer: 1,769
Pretty much everyone on Stromtrooper.com recommends it as the first farkle. It made a night and day difference for me in terms of riding on the freeway and in windy conditions.

At first, being blown all over the lane on 405 and 90, I thought it was me, even with 25 years of riding. But the Stromtrooper folks quickly set me straight and Rick and Gloria were great to deal with.
2012 Suzuki DL650A as the current bike
Whole bunch of bikes in the past
MillCreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 05:59 AM   #2231
No False Enthusiasm
a quiet adventurer

Oddometer: 4,196
This was my first farkle...

Wish he made a fork brace for my Bonneville...

NFE

No False Enthusiasm screwed with this post 05-04-2013 at 04:57 AM
No False Enthusiasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 06:08 AM   #2232
Mazaev
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 190
Same experience here; it made the bike a lot more trustworthy. U-turns got a whole lot easier, and tar snakes were no longer a bother. Pretty amazing how much that little thing improved the bike.
Mazaev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 02:39 AM   #2233
vanseagal
Adventurer

Oddometer: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanseagal View Post
Has anybody had a Bags-Connection Enduro LT tank Bag? I'm planning to buy one but there is no info how it fits to V-Strom tank. My other choice is Wolfman Expedition small. Any info of both bags would be great.

Bags-Connection Enduro LT
Well, I bought the Bags-Connection Enduro LT tank bag. It fits V-Strom perfectly. Installation was easy and the bag doesn't hit handlebar in any direction. I think it looks good on V-Strom and I can recommend this tank bag.

Here is couple of pics:

vanseagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 04:34 AM   #2234
lstuckey1
Ret. Pro Bench Racer

Oddometer: 96
I've been searching for a backrest that fits a 2012, 1K Adventure. It seems that the Adventure luggage plate is different than the previous models and nobody seems to make a backrest for it.
My wife likes the idea of a backrest but I would prefer not to always have the top box in place. Has anybody seen anything that might work? Thanks

lstuckey1 screwed with this post 04-26-2013 at 05:11 AM
lstuckey1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 04:38 PM   #2235
New2dualsport
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 131
New to me Wee strom picked up today it's an 09 with right around 8 k on the odie. All the farkles came with it just need a rear tire

New2dualsport is offline   Reply With Quote