Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Old's Cool > 2 smokers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-26-2012, 01:41 AM   #16
Twin-shocker
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,673
"I have a 1976 Yamaha DT 250C enduro and I am trying to get any information about this bike that I can find out. I was thinking about bypassing the oil injection and just premix it myself. I just cant rely on the injection system."

In this case I guess the OP has already had problems with his Autolube?................In the real world unless he is doing high mileage on the road and needs to carry several litres of 2T oil, carrying a 500cc graduated bottle of 2T on his bike, and adding to fuel as required is no real hassle, and will provide 100% reliability, with no chance of Autolube tank running dry, and bike seizing miles from anywhere!
Twin-shocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 10:31 AM   #17
rightone1974 OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 19
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRW9751 View Post
I was a service manager at a Yamaha shop for ten years covering that model. I can say with some confidence that I've never experienced a failure from a Yamalube system. They are bullet proof! Simply keep quality 2stroke oil in the tank. Bleed the system (simple) and forget it! Mixing will let you down sooner or latter. Mixing does not take into consideration the raising and lowering of the RPM's.
Yamalube does! This is a very simple decision, leave it alone!
Do you know what size the flywheel puller is to get off the flywheel. I know it is female threads on the flywheel but not sure if the 27mm X1mm is the right one?
rightone1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 04:22 PM   #18
Foot dragger
singletracker

Oddometer: 12,666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin-shocker View Post
Running oil injection on any bike not intended purely for road use isnt that great an idea, as it means to more to do wrong, and 2T motors never seem to run as cleanly on injection, when compared to pre-mix.

Removing the injection was always the first thing to do on the old TY Yams, and as well as making the bikes more reliable and better running, the throttle action becomes much lighter.
Are you sure? Because I raced and rode 250 Yamaha enduros a lot,loaned the bike out and let other people race it or ride it,all with oil injection and it always worked great with 0 problems,ran clean as can be. They are adjustable for how much oil is injected and it's dirt easy to do so.

SO much easier then mixing gas all the time.

Of course the bike wasnt 30 years old at the time.
Old 04-16-2013, 04:26 PM   #19
Foot dragger
singletracker

Oddometer: 12,666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin-shocker View Post
"I have a 1976 Yamaha DT 250C enduro and I am trying to get any information about this bike that I can find out. I was thinking about bypassing the oil injection and just premix it myself. I just cant rely on the injection system."

In this case I guess the OP has already had problems with his Autolube?................In the real world unless he is doing high mileage on the road and needs to carry several litres of 2T oil, carrying a 500cc graduated bottle of 2T on his bike, and adding to fuel as required is no real hassle, and will provide 100% reliability, with no chance of Autolube tank running dry, and bike seizing miles from anywhere!
Why would the oil tank run dry if you dont let it do so,there's a cap on top you put oil in and a window on the side to check level. Its not hard.
And the injection is real simple and works great with even the slightest of care.