User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-14-2013, 09:55 PM   #16
Dust Rider
Cuttin dust w/ the Dutch

Oddometer: 524
Bash Plate

get a solid bash plate that can take a real hit. I sprung for the Black Dog Cycle Works bash plate. It was $$$, but I ride my Adventure hard, take chances and risks in rural areas out of cell phone range. I like knowing the bike wont get eviscerated when I ride it over rocks and stumps.
Dust Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 04:54 AM   #17
dirtbikemike2
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
Cool2 Riser Handlebar

Hello to your question:

The Scott's Stablizer with the BRP triple tree is a good combo some say the best but with the Roxx riser 1 1/4" riser makes it that much better now it's just right. You have to reroute the front brake cable to the inside of the triple tree instead in the hard rubber loop holder in front.
Now I need a tubeless set of wheels and saddle bags and etc.
It is going into the shop this weekend for the new lower suspension that KTM offers 25mm for my short inseam!
dirtbikemike2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 11:27 PM   #18
kaptinkaos OP
Just some nOOb

Oddometer: 571
Quote:
Originally Posted by fridgyis View Post
I have the same bike I just got a few weeks ago. It is way more powerful than the 950!
I installed wings pipes to give it a better sound and run cooler. I also ran an aux panel with a negative bus under the seat in the box where the anti lock brake stuff would have lived. This is connected to a relay switch so it is only hot when the key is on. It is switched of the aux 2 circuit. This allows all future dark les to be wired and fused under the seat. I did this mod on my 950 as well and it is a must in my opinion. No more diggin under the mask to find fuses or loose wires.

I tried to add a 2 inch rise and there is just not enough brake cable. It puts a lot of strain on the upper cable at the master cylinder . I will be ordering a new set with a longer line soon. I thinK Seiglers can do this.
I am also looking for a bolt on highway peg that will work. Any ideas?
Hey man!

I looked at the wings too, but opted for the FMF's for a number of reasons. I went through 2 or 3 pipes on the Dakar before settling on what I thought was best, the Staintune. I figured I'll end up doing that again and best to start at the cheapest, lol!

I may also run a second fusebox under my seat to where the ABS lives, but I'm not planning on a bunch more electronic goodies. Maybe some heated handgrips, but that's about it. I put my 2" risers on and I did have to move some of the cables to a better routing to relieve tension, but all worked out. Now I'm looking at the Scott's damper and probably won't need the risers if I put the triple tree on, lol!

I haven't found anything I like for a forward peg yet, but if I do I'll post it up in here, cheers!

Joe
'07 F650GS Dakar (Gone to a good home!)
kaptinkaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 11:33 PM   #19
kaptinkaos OP
Just some nOOb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dust Rider View Post
get a solid bash plate that can take a real hit. I sprung for the Black Dog Cycle Works bash plate. It was $$$, but I ride my Adventure hard, take chances and risks in rural areas out of cell phone range. I like knowing the bike wont get eviscerated when I ride it over rocks and stumps.
Yep... One of the first things I noted when I did a tear down was the sucky PLASTIC side plates on the stump guard. Definitely going to be upgrading that to something more substantial. I'll probably be getting the Touratech one, but am looking around at a few in the mean time. I too find plenty of stumps and boulders so it's crucial for me. The Touratech one I put on my Dakar has seen HARD use and stood up to it all...
Old 04-16-2013, 11:40 PM   #20
kaptinkaos OP
Just some nOOb

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtbikemike2 View Post
Hello to your question:

The Scott's Stablizer with the BRP triple tree is a good combo some say the best but with the Roxx riser 1 1/4" riser makes it that much better now it's just right. You have to reroute the front brake cable to the inside of the triple tree instead in the hard rubber loop holder in front.
Now I need a tubeless set of wheels and saddle bags and etc.
It is going into the shop this weekend for the new lower suspension that KTM offers 25mm for my short inseam!
I was looking at the Stabilizer/triple tree combo and it's pretty slick... The price makes me choke, but as I'd be able to move it to any bike with the same size forks it sure would be a long term investment. I definitely need something to take a bit of the twitch out of the front end... It's perfectly fine off road, but on pavement or when putting the front wheel down at speed (not that I ever pull wheelies... LOL!) I can feel the tendancy of those 908's to twitch around. I've stiffened the suspension some as the "standard" was much too soft for my likings. That may solves some of the issue for me and also a tire swap to something a tad less aggressive when I burn off those wonderful-in-mud-908's should maybe be enough. I'm thinking Heidenau's or Michelin's. If not, then a Scott's will be ordered and I'll plunk it on and go from there.