Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-16-2013, 06:51 AM   #16
SauceSquatch
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 245
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deviant666 View Post
Thanks a lot for the above info. Nevertheless, it's still not very clear as to whether I'm supposed to install the sensor sequentially at different downpipe locations for both cylinders. In simple words: do I have to make two different holes, one near each cylinder? If that's the case any ideas about how to close both when the kit comes only with 1 plug?
I recently installed the AutoTune and PC5 on my 2010 Adventure, you can see it here:
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=855314

I would recommend that you purchase another sensor, you just need to replace the two existing sensors in on the headers, you dont do anything to the manifold. Dynojet says you only need the front sensor, but that just doesn't make sense to me how it can tune both cylinders based off the front.

When you try to access the rear sensor I recommend you remove the rear wheel, then shock, then the rear header. Sounds like a PITA but its not that bad and trust me, you can't get a tool on the rear sensor with the header on the bike. I tried every damn way, multiple trips to auto parts stores finding the right tool, when I finally decided the remove all that I had it off in less than a half hour.

Good luck!
SauceSquatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 06:17 AM   #17
Deviant666 OP
Present

Oddometer: 526
Quote:
Originally Posted by SauceSquatch View Post
I recently installed the AutoTune and PC5 on my 2010 Adventure, you can see it here:
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=855314

I would recommend that you purchase another sensor, you just need to replace the two existing sensors in on the headers, you dont do anything to the manifold. Dynojet says you only need the front sensor, but that just doesn't make sense to me how it can tune both cylinders based off the front.

When you try to access the rear sensor I recommend you remove the rear wheel, then shock, then the rear header. Sounds like a PITA but its not that bad and trust me, you can't get a tool on the rear sensor with the header on the bike. I tried every damn way, multiple trips to auto parts stores finding the right tool, when I finally decided the remove all that I had it off in less than a half hour.

Good luck!
Thanks for the input...cheers...
Old 02-13-2014, 12:31 PM   #18
Deviant666 OP
Present

Update

The Power commander/autotune bundle is well worth the money and effort. The bike is a totally different beast. At the moment Mousitsas and I are trying a 13.2 AFR going to 13 from 80% throttle and up. We tried an allaround 12.8 in the beggining but it smelled and seemed (Mousitsas saw black smoke coming out of my exhausts when I was accelerating fast) a bit rich. Both 12.8 and 13.2 AFRs are a definite improvement in power, ridability, torque, smoothness. It now feels more like a carbed bike than a FI one. I haven't measured consumption yet...
Old 02-13-2014, 10:02 PM   #19
mousitsas
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,668
...plus it is such a pleasure to connect a laptop and be able to tell the bike what to do, with no need for 'dyno experts'
All bikes should come with such functionality as standard.

PS
It will be extremely useful to establish whether PCV connects to pre 09 models, haven't seen any conclusive evidence so far....
mousitsas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 10:33 PM   #20
Deviant666 OP
Present

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousitsas View Post
...plus it is such a pleasure to connect a laptop and be able to tell the bike what to do, with no need for 'dyno experts'
All bikes should come with such functionality as standard.

PS
It will be extremely useful to establish whether PCV connects to pre 09 models, haven't seen any conclusive evidence so far....
From what I read it doesn't, PCIII does...
Old 02-13-2014, 10:49 PM   #21
mousitsas
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,668
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deviant666 View Post
From what I read it doesn't, PCIII does...
This is what dynojet says, but most likely because they haven't tried it yet.
mousitsas is offline   Reply With Quote