Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-17-2013, 09:27 AM   #11
globalpilot4 OP
GSPilot4

Oddometer: 111
Thanks MJ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainJ View Post
GP, thanks for the latest installment. Stunning sunset picture. I have a buddy heading over to that area in 2 weeks for his "dream hunt". Not my thing anymore... hunting, but he will be staying with me in Denver for a night layover on his way to S Africa. I will show him your report/pics. It must be fun reliving this while posting. I still go back and spend time reliving my 3 weeks in Nepal back in 2009. Each pic puts my right back there again. Each year that passes has me yearning to travel like that again even more.
Cheers!!
What part of Denver? I grew up in Colorado, just outside of Aspen in the Roaring Fork Valley. Despite all my travels, it is still my favorite place on the planet.

And yes...it has been energizing to finish this RR. I have been going back through all of the photos, and I was amazed at how each photo and journal entry took me right back to that exact moment. I know that I will return to Africa, but I will do so on a solo trip. Being part of a tour was a great way to dive into the African experience and get my feet wet, but I long for more of a raw experience. I am getting ready to launch out on the Utah Backcountry Discovery Route this summer, and then Australia next year. Just me and a few of my mates riding, camping, laughing, and of course drinking! That's my style. Thanks for following along!

GP