Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-17-2013, 08:34 AM   #166
yooperbikemike
high, wide and handsome

Oddometer: 12,362
Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer View Post
People just need to stop patronizing the concessions at any of these events that gouge the hell out of everyone if anyone wants to see the prices drop at all.
What choice do you have? They won't let you bring anything in.

yooperbikemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 09:08 AM   #167
snbrd4evr
Adventurer

Oddometer: 57
I'm flying down tonight and staying at a friends house. Problem is... I don't have a car. I'm willing to shell out $30 (half of parking) and a case of beer to anyone willing to pick me up and drop me off

This is where I'll be staying.

4505 Duval St, Austin, TX 78751

It's 26 minutes from the track (per google maps)

If no one is willing I'm probably gonna be cabbing it and that could suck.
snbrd4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 10:11 AM   #168
yooperbikemike
high, wide and handsome

Oddometer: 12,362
I f one were to buy a ticket from Ticketmaster in, say, the next couple days, can you print them out or would you have to go to will call?

yooperbikemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 11:28 AM   #169
WoodButcher
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,971
They aren't supporting printing at this time. So will call.

2009 BMW R1200GS Adventure
1999 DR650
WoodButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 02:05 PM   #170
stevie88
That's gotta hurt

Oddometer: 17,605
Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodButcher View Post
They aren't supporting printing at this time. So will call.
This is correct.
Old 04-17-2013, 02:16 PM   #171
bobzilla
Dirty Old Man

Oddometer: 871
Quote:
Originally Posted by yooperbikemike View Post

Stop going. I know it sucks but really the hassle and costs on top of not being able to see much and having to walk miles and wait in lines to piss in discusting bathrooms has made it easy for me.... the internet has given me many more opportunities to see better for far cheaper while drinking GOOD beer and eating GOOD bar b q
01 DR Frankenbike 650
76 CB750
bobzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 02:44 PM   #172
RichBeBe
All Hail Seitan!!!

Oddometer: 6,062
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobzilla View Post
Stop going. I know it sucks but really the hassle and costs on top of not being able to see much and having to walk miles and wait in lines to piss in discusting bathrooms has made it easy for me.... the internet has given me many more opportunities to see better for far cheaper while drinking GOOD beer and eating GOOD bar b q
If everyone listens to you, they pack up their tent and go home, and there is no racing here. I get your point, but the fans that go there allow you to stay at home and watch it.
Old 04-17-2013, 03:10 PM   #173
Mr Head
PowerPoint ADV

Oddometer: 6,587
I find it hard to believe that the cost of bringing a MotoGP event to a track has anything to do with attendance here in the US.
I quit going to Laguna after spending a ton of money to get there, stay and get treated like a criminal while at the races for bothering to attend. I was willing to pay the prices for food and refreshment while there. I'm late middle age now and then I was at least gray-haired. The police treated me like I'd just robbed a bank or stepped on their donuts.
Because I had a parking pass to an RV area where my friends were. Something that cost a hell of a lot more than parking in the weeds on the hillside.
I was yelled at by cops, that were being paid overtime to be there. The volunteers didn't know exactly where things were; at least those I ran across. I finally found one guy who knew and was able to get me where I was supposed to be only to have a cop follow us into the area and get told I was going to be arrested for parking where my pass clearly allowed me to park.
I can get abused like that anytime I want without paying for it or traveling a few hundred miles right down the coast in Huntington Beach. There are a few cops there who seem more than happy to cuff you on the curb.

The tiny fee I pay to subscribe to motoGP online and motoGPlive on my phone are maybe 10% of what it cost to go to Laguna the last time. I save that money for family vacations to national parks or renting cottages on beaches.
$7 for a liter of water is more than excessive I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichBeBe View Post
If everyone listens to you, they pack up their tent and go home, and there is no racing here. I get your point, but the fans that go there allow you to stay at home and watch it.
Mr Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 03:38 PM   #174
HoneyBunz
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,201
Quote:
Originally Posted by yooperbikemike View Post
Fill up your tummy before entering, bring plenty of bottled water.
If that's not enough , smuggle in a protein bar.
Laguna Seca had a bad experience with customer relations a few years back when it was 115F race day and they were rippin people for bottled water. Things got desperate and they started giving water away after they had enough emergencies. They have changed for the better now, but it took an extreme event to open their eyes to the downside of gouging.
Certified "Safe For Transmission" - NSA Inspector #47
HoneyBunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 10:46 PM   #175
sloater
Steve Segal

Oddometer: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoneyBunz View Post
Fill up your tummy before entering, bring plenty of bottled water.
If that's not enough , smuggle in a protein bar.
Laguna Seca had a bad experience with customer relations a few years back when it was 115F race day and they were rippin people for bottled water. Things got desperate and they started giving water away after they had enough emergencies. They have changed for the better now, but it took an extreme event to open their eyes to the downside of gouging.
Agree 100%. Laguna now puts on a great event! I fully expected Texas to be much more lenient with their rules, but will be filling flasks this evening and trying to figure out how the hell I am getting to the track! Was banking on a shuttle as advertised a few months ago for MotoGP, but probably cabbing it now... Anyone want to carpool to the track Friday morning PM me. Staying at Hampton Inn convention center. irregardless, it's gonna be an awesome weekend!
Old 04-18-2013, 02:09 AM   #176
Pecha72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,252
This turned out to be a very bad week to hold a race in the US. The cruel events in Boston, and what just took place north of Waco (and I´m hoping that this was in fact an accident, which at the moment is unclear) will unfortunately cast a shadow over this event as well. Absolutely nothing that the organisers could do about it, though.
Pecha72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 03:14 AM   #177
Tripped1
Likely Lost.

Oddometer: 7,210
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikY. View Post
I've never been in a big event anywhere in the world that didn't have prices from the Twilight Zone. 10$ beer etc is pretty common at concerts, sports, poetry reading lol.
Yeah its $12 for a 23oz at NJMP lol

On a brighter note, 22oz cans of Foster's are like $8 at Indy......(because no one would sneak booze into a race)
Tripped1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 03:48 AM   #178
bikerfish
flyfishandride

Oddometer: 1,408
yeah, Indy is a comparative bargain, AND you're allowed to take in your own beer! They also don't rape you on prices if you do decide to purchase food or drink at the track, in fact, some things seem relatively reasonable(fried pork loin sandwich!!) Hate to say it, but unless those rules that COTA published was written before this week, it sounds like they are taking advantage of the horrible situation in boston and using it to make money. No food or beverage????? WTF, come on guys, that is just fucking stupid. your allowed unopened bottles of water, WHOOOOPPIIEEEEE!!! Do they really think there is gonna be some type of attack at an event that receives damn near zero media coverage in this country? I think the chance of something happening at a motogp race is slim to none.
Fuck that place, they suck. shame too, cause it looks like a great track, but they lost me when they fucked with Kev.
bikerfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 04:52 AM   #179
spezjag
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 7,689
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerfish View Post
yeah, Indy is a comparative bargain, AND you're allowed to take in your own beer! They also don't rape you on prices if you do decide to purchase food or drink at the track, in fact, some things seem relatively reasonable(fried pork loin sandwich!!)
It really is a shame Indy is such a boring track, as the facilities are among the very best, the prices are reasonable, the city really puts out the red carpet for fans, and they have the Mile the night before so you can fill up on fried Snicker bars at the State Fair!

Only a motorcyclist knows why a cheetah hangs its head out the window. - Peterman
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DZ6jy8o...ure%3Dyoutu.be
spezjag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 07:43 AM   #180
Mr Head
PowerPoint ADV

Oddometer: 6,587
I'll be viewing from my usual spot, the couch at home. And it will be a more relaxing day since I won't be driving 5 hours after back across the desert. Instead I fly out Monday if the wicked witch of the west gets the trip arranged.

I think we'll make brunch. some sort of egg thing with veggies and fresh coffee. I'm pretty sure that even if I add crab to it I won't bust $12/plate.
We'll give that multi-screen deal a try on the plasma. A buddy says you need a 90-inch screen.

Mr Head screwed with this post 04-18-2013 at 09:29 AM
Mr Head is offline   Reply With Quote