ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Orange Crush > Crazy-Awesome almost Dakar racers (950/990cc)
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-17-2013, 11:52 PM   #16
guglemonster
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by trob6 View Post
In reply to gogglemonster post the pump is above the fuel level as its behind the airbox, I dont know what the second sentance means as it seems to be not written in english,the pump will deliver 35litres an hour which is more than the adv needs it will only starve it if the vacumn source is to weak so you have to be sure to get a good one( lots of threads on here about that) I have had no problems atall with the pump and a fuel filter always go in front of a fuel pump and I have fitted a fuel check valve after the pump as well to stop any potential hydro locking problems hope that helps.
heeh hallo trob6...

I'll be damned haahhaahh I could have bet it was properly written :)

in fluid dynamics, when you loose the fluid while sucking (sorry, but that's the way it is ) from a lower source (or a heght/pressure diferential) you can do it only until a certain height :) it's very simple, after that the fluid column brake for liquid film rupture, breaks (wrong wovel there, forgive my Klatchian {Terry Pratchett docet})

in the situation where a vacum pump designed only to PUSH a liquid at very low pressure is erquired also to pull it from a lower level, since the pump it self was not designed to do to, you may risk fuel starvation

all such pumps should be supplied by gravity with fuel aplenty in order to work at full power.... it can also work but should not, the design is not the correct one :)

where ther is problem in the installation, you end up with a "train" of pumps, the first, usually below the tank or in-line but level will supply the main pump to deliver to the carbs.

you can check the various bike design and find such pumps always below the pump :)

hope this time my broken english was better

you may also want to install a prefilter in order to prevent the pump tu suck up too much dirt and be damaged by FOD

:)

guglemonster screwed with this post 04-18-2013 at 12:25 AM
guglemonster is offline   Reply With Quote