Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 77 votes, 4.94 average. Display Modes
Old 04-17-2013, 11:32 AM   #2596
tdvt
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog Rider View Post
I was at my ammo dealer this weekend, He had a video playing from CCI about how they make rimfire rounds. Then I heard what the daily production numbers were......

7 million rounds per day

I did a search of all ammo manufacturers, they are near 1 billion rounds per week for all calibers.

And I can not find a single round
It's all pretty weird.

I was looking a few days ago to see if there might be some CCI Mini Mag available yet. Only thing I found was a box of 100 for $35.

That's more than I paid for 500 rounds last year.
tdvt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 10:51 PM   #2597
jecyammy
n00b

Oddometer: 5
Matt,

The photo is from 2005, and I've had the gun a year or two longer than that. It's been knocked around and used plenty, and it's still as accurate as when it was new - with the right glass, 1/2 inch at 50 yards (at best, in my hands anyway). Somewhere along the line, Magnum Research quit making the barrel with the compensator, which probably makes no difference at all. I'll never have the refined technique and shooting savvy to appreciate any meaningful difference between a noncompensated and a compensated barrel in .22lr.
jecyammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 12:33 AM   #2598
pilot815
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,437
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdvt View Post
It's all pretty weird.

I was looking a few days ago to see if there might be some CCI Mini Mag available yet. Only thing I found was a box of 100 for $35.

That's more than I paid for 500 rounds last year.
I picked up 100 rounds for $8 a couple weeks ago. The store I buy from had 6 cases of 1600 rounds of mini mag about a month ago. Sold them at $100 each.

Sent from my Samsung Note 10.1
Old 04-19-2013, 02:22 PM   #2599
Andyinhilo
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,610
I heard about a guy yesterday that is buying what he can find, making up packages of 8 rounds and selling them for $3 each. wow.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."J. Cooper
Andyinhilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 04:16 PM   #2600
Tmaximusv
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 592
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyinhilo View Post
I heard about a guy yesterday that is buying what he can find, making up packages of 8 rounds and selling them for $3 each. wow.
Sounds a lot like packing 8 balls for street sales.
Old 04-19-2013, 06:25 PM   #2601
Andyinhilo
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,610
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmaximusv View Post
Sounds a lot like packing 8 balls for street sales.
That was exactly what I thought.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."J. Cooper
Andyinhilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 05:38 PM   #2602
Hog Rider
The Professor

Oddometer: 1,348
Romanian M-69

I got this little rifle back in January because I wanted to try my hand at refinishing a gun. Thought I Better practice on something cheap, so I found this M-69 online for a $109 shipped .

It was as rough as I expected but was also very good where it counted, in the bore. And bolt

It came well preserved

I sent all the metal to a local gunsmith who does great work, Just need to be patient He had the parts for three months, They polished and reblued the metal . I did the stock on my free time.

The finished product

I am very happy with the result.

Hog Rider

IBA # 31325
AMA# 739943
Cobb
Etc..

http://carlstwowheeledadventures.blogspot.com

2006 Buell Ulysses, Current Rally Mount
1984 HD Electra Glide Classic
1977 BMW R 100/7 Cafe'
1982 Honda CBX Super Sport, Work in progress
Hog Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 11:18 PM   #2603
gatling
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,168
Quote:
I got this little rifle back in January because I wanted to try my hand at refinishing a gun. Thought I Better practice on something cheap, so I found this M-69 online for a $109 shipped .

It was as rough as I expected but was also very good where it counted, in the bore. And bolt

It came well preserved

I sent all the metal to a local gunsmith who does great work, Just need to be patient He had the parts for three months, They polished and reblued the metal . I did the stock on my free time.

The finished product

That is just awesome. Thanks for sharing.
gatling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 08:32 AM   #2604
DirtJack
Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,084
Quote:

CMP? How does it shoot?
2008 KTM 690 Enduro
DirtJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 11:12 AM   #2605
Hog Rider
The Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtJack View Post
CMP? How does it shoot?
Its not a CMP gun. It is a Romanian Trainer. Other than that I do not know that much about them. It is a full sized gun and seems well made.

I am going to shoot it in a few hours, Got some Honey Do Items to finish up before playtime

Hog Rider

IBA # 31325
AMA# 739943
Cobb
Etc..

1977 BMW R 100/7 Cafe'
Old 04-28-2013, 05:07 PM   #2606
Hog Rider
The Professor

M-69 First shoot

I put a small steel triple target at 25 and 50 yards. I marked the spots so I can come back and put some markers down.

I had about 30 rounds of different ammo left over, and I do not have the clip yet, but it hand fed very easy, and the thirty rounds were gone in no time.

Had a bunch of fun, I was nailing targets with ease, Had one type of bullet that I never scored with, the subsonic rounds, I never was able to dial it in with those rounds. Put in a regular round and I nail the target no issue.

Very light, long trigger pull to the sear, from there it is crisp trigger.

I like it, these 30 rounds just went away to fast.

Hog Rider

IBA # 31325
AMA# 739943
Cobb
Etc..

1977 BMW R 100/7 Cafe'
Old 04-28-2013, 11:42 PM   #2607
Wingnut037
Two Sheds

Oddometer: 252
Every time I poke my head in this thread it makes me want a new gun. Aside from stumbling across a deal, do you guys have any suggested places to look? gunbroker seems to list mostly retail pricing, and most stores around here have marked up prices due to being so close to Camp Pendleton. I might as well go on base and get something for tax free if I am going to pay MSRP. Just looking for accuracy under $300 to address a squirrel issue that has come up in the neighbors horse barn and for fun after that.
Wingnut037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 04:04 AM   #2608
FPGT72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,173
Been looking for a nice one for a while...glad you like it.

Quote:
I put a small steel triple target at 25 and 50 yards. I marked the spots so I can come back and put some markers down.

I had about 30 rounds of different ammo left over, and I do not have the clip yet, but it hand fed very easy, and the thirty rounds were gone in no time.

Had a bunch of fun, I was nailing targets with ease, Had one type of bullet that I never scored with, the subsonic rounds, I never was able to dial it in with those rounds. Put in a regular round and I nail the target no issue.

Very light, long trigger pull to the sear, from there it is crisp trigger.

I like it, these 30 rounds just went away to fast.
FPGT72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 07:14 AM   #2609
Manuel Garcia O'Kely
Back at last

Oddometer: 12,209
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingnut037 View Post
Every time I poke my head in this thread it makes me want a new gun. Aside from stumbling across a deal, do you guys have any suggested places to look? gunbroker seems to list mostly retail pricing, and most stores around here have marked up prices due to being so close to Camp Pendleton. I might as well go on base and get something for tax free if I am going to pay MSRP. Just looking for accuracy under $300 to address a squirrel issue that has come up in the neighbors horse barn and for fun after that.
My local dealer has a Marlin XT for like $225 with an adjustable trigger, I have the older model and it's more than adequate at the price. Use a peep or add glass, your choice.

There's casting, then there's running into the stream with a baseball bat trying to club the fish to death. - Jim Moore
Manuel Garcia O'Kely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 03:57 PM   #2610
RED CAT
Bumpy Backroader

Oddometer: 2,744
22 Ammo.

Ammo is still plentiful in Canukstan. Just bought some cheap 525 Boxes of Blazer for $29. ea at Crappy Tire. Use this in my Ruger Mark 3 just for blasting away. Use Winchester Power Points for my 1022 gopher getter. Season is almost here. Got a 22mag CZ for the longer shots. Really does make things happen when they're hit.
RED CAT is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: