Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Old's Cool > 2 smokers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-13-2013, 05:30 PM   #1
2TICKLASSIC OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 30
Hi yall i just got my 1968 t500 cobra back!!!!

Hi there
I got this bike two years ago and at the one year mark got it restored partially . Today I just picked it up and it runs beautiful and looks even more beautiful. I can't wait to put it on the road. This is the day I was waiting for what felt like a eternity!!! I'll post pictures soon.
2TICKLASSIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 05:36 PM   #2
2TICKLASSIC OP
Adventurer

Sorry for the picture wait but my Android phone can't post them directly from the phone. Unless you guy can tell me how I can. I must say when this bike hits power band it absolutely screws. For now I'm a advrider, I want to put the miles on this bike so I don't want collectors too bug me. But ask away guys anybody want to know anything about this bike let me know.

Thanks Steve
Old 04-13-2013, 05:50 PM   #3
ADK
____

Oddometer: 8,052
Cool2

You need to use a photo hosting site such as smugmug.(owned by the same guy who provides us with this site, free of charge or advertising.)
ADK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 09:13 AM   #4
WU7X
The Old Fart

Oddometer: 1,880
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADK View Post
You need to use a photo hosting site such as smugmug.(owned by the same guy who provides us with this site, free of charge or advertising.)
Does Tapatalk work on Androids? I can post pics directly from my iphone with it to this site.
I was born lost and take no pleasure in being found." ~ John Steinbeck

WU7X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 01:52 PM   #5
2TICKLASSIC OP
Adventurer

Here is a video of my cobra.....http://youtu.be/64lz-XBLPV0
Old 04-16-2013, 01:28 PM   #6
2TICKLASSIC OP
Adventurer

Photos!!!!! Finally

So Here she is just finished shining her up a little.

Old 04-16-2013, 06:26 PM   #7
JonnyCash
turd polisher

Oddometer: 1,350
That is sooooo nice! I've only seen one other like it. I bet that's a blast to ride.

I can't believe how much greener your grass is there in Mass than mine is here in ME.
Old 04-17-2013, 04:25 AM   #8
2TICKLASSIC OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyCash View Post
That is sooooo nice! I've only seen one other like it. I bet that's a blast to ride.

I can't believe how much greener your grass is there in Mass than mine is here in ME.
Thank you!!! Yeah so far its a real blast to ride the power for such a compact bike is amazing, The low range power response is unexpected.
OMG, and if you could only here the exhuast note it goes from a clear but beefy two stroke note, to this crazy high performance scream.
As for the grass the temperatures have been nice for growth, I'm also a ex landscaper so the lawn gets a little extra attention.
Old 04-17-2013, 09:04 AM   #9
JonnyCash
turd polisher

I've got an RD 350, so I know of which you speak in regards to the whole Jeckyl and Hyde powerband thing. Sho is fun!
Old 04-17-2013, 09:38 AM   #10
joexr
Banned

Oddometer: 3,773
The 500s got way more torque than an RD. Just an FYI. Don't let that 500 idle in 1st gear with the clutch in at lights. The oil pump uses 1st gear for an idler gear. If first gear doesn't spin , neither does the pump. I had a '77 GT500.
joexr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 09:47 AM   #11
JonnyCash
turd polisher

^ I'm sure it does, particularly since mine is ported and piped. Wanna race? Mine's actually pretty good at low revs, it's the midrange that's a bit soft. At 55 mph, if I want to pass someone quickly, I have to downshift from 6th down to 4th, or even 3rd. Kind of annoying, but that top end rush helps me to forget about it. When I want to ride lazy and not shift a lot, I ride the R100.
Old 04-17-2013, 04:43 PM   #12
2TICKLASSIC OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyCash View Post
I've got an RD 350, so I know of which you speak in regards to the whole Jeckyl and Hyde powerband thing. Sho is fun!
I really like what I hear about the RDs, there is a perfect condition example that just passed through eBay and it didn't sell or hit reserve at $3550 or so but if I had the cash I would have hit on this one. But all in all the t500 is my dream bike I can't believe how I lucked out on this cobra.

2TICKLASSIC screwed with this post 04-17-2013 at 05:12 PM
Old 04-17-2013, 05:21 PM   #13
2TICKLASSIC OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by joexr View Post
The 500s got way more torque than an RD. Just an FYI. Don't let that 500 idle in 1st gear with the clutch in at lights. The oil pump uses 1st gear for an idler gear. If first gear doesn't spin , neither does the pump. I had a '77 GT500.
Thanks for the tip. It defiantly has a ton of torque, when you lay in the throttle fast but more gradual hold on for dear cause this baby pulls hard. Really I'd like to try the later models for comparison because the carb and airbox difference. I have both airboots and the difference in size seems significant. In 1968 this bike did 13s in the quarter.
Old 04-18-2013, 03:41 AM   #14
2TICKLASSIC OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2TICKLASSIC View Post
Thanks for the tip. It defiantly has a ton of torque, when you lay in the throttle fast but more gradual hold on for dear cause this baby pulls hard. Really I'd like to try the later models for comparison because the carb and airbox difference. I have both airboots and the difference in size seems significant. In 1968 this bike did 13s in the quarter.
Check out the airboot from the 68' T500 on the left and the the 74' T500 on the right, Its really quiet a difference. No wonder the 68' T500 Cobra was known for it extreme petro thirst LOL!!!!

Old 04-20-2013, 06:18 AM   #15
wfrpalm
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 115
That is a nice looking bike.
wfrpalm is offline   Reply With Quote