User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-18-2013, 12:36 PM   #1726
Thermos
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 237
Prmurat--

I've gotten into a few discussions on soviet steeds that left me a little irritated. But sometimes you just gotta roll with it.

But, I have also been to a few rallies, and quite a few rides with members. I've met SS members from around the country, and every one of them that I've met personally has been top notch. Do they all share the same view points, philosophy's, etc. . . well of course no. But I truly believe I've met some great friends because of soviet steeds. Please don't throw them all under the bus. But you know something, I would wager good money that if they(ss member) saw anybody stranded on a rig(especially a Ural), there is not a single one of those folks on soviet steeds that wouldn't stop and help as much as they could.

The ride reports, upcoming rally's, hammerin' and wrenching, modification sections are the most important sections to me(no particular order). That forum is still my favorite. I've gotten in a couple scrapes in the soap box, but I've said what I meant, and moved on.

Go to a rally/ride (soviet steeds) and meet some good people.

-T
Thermos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 12:51 PM   #1727
Prmurat
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 734
Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thermos View Post
Prmurat--

I've gotten into a few discussions on soviet steeds that left me a little irritated. But sometimes you just gotta roll with it.

But, I have also been to a few rallies, and quite a few rides with members. I've met SS members from around the country, and every one of them that I've met personally has been top notch. Do they all share the same view points, philosophy's, etc. . . well of course no. But I truly believe I've met some great friends because of soviet steeds. Please don't throw them all under the bus. But you know something, I would wager good money that if they(ss member) saw anybody stranded on a rig(especially a Ural), there is not a single one of those folks on soviet steeds that wouldn't stop and help as much as they could.

The ride reports, upcoming rally's, hammerin' and wrenching, modification sections are the most important sections to me(no particular order). That forum is still my favorite. I've gotten in a couple scrapes in the soap box, but I've said what I meant, and moved on.

Go to a rally/ride (soviet steeds) and meet some good people.

-T
And this post should close the SS discussion!!! Thks for your input Thermos!
Prmurat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 03:13 PM   #1728
RidingDonkeys
Purveyor of Awesome

Oddometer: 7,087
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanCT View Post
As long as you stay out of the Soap Box over there (unless you actually enjoy dumb, vitriolic arguments), the rest is mostly good stuff. Sort of like here.
He has trouble with that.
Old 04-18-2013, 05:40 PM   #1729
Prmurat
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidingDonkeys View Post
He has trouble with that.
..."Mom SS : look what they are saying on us in ADV... Cry cry cry, we may say anything we want about the world but, cry, cry, cry don't dare to say something about us, cry, cry, cry"
Old 04-18-2013, 06:20 PM   #1730
on2wheels52
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prmurat View Post
And this post should close the SS discussion!!! Thks for your input Thermos!
You don't seem to take your own advice very well.
Jim
on2wheels52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 06:29 PM   #1731
DneprMT-11
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,666
If you don't like the soap box at SS......its really easy.......don't go there. Enjoy the information contained elsewhere on the site and have a great day. If you get your gundies in a bunch and can't straighten them out-just stay away from what knots them up in the first place....really easy. Otherwise or put on the ole big boy pants, man up and hold your own ground-give and take.
Old 04-18-2013, 07:31 PM   #1732
Prmurat
Studly Adventurer

The usual "love it or leave it" BS right?

Let extreme rightist spread their ideas and just ignore it?? Maybe... It worked so well in 30' in Europe or here during the senator McCarthy...
And of course not to forget the intelligent personal attacks and name calling (specially at beer o'clock!).
Old 04-18-2013, 07:56 PM   #1733
hotrodjoe
n00b

Oddometer: 4
My neighbor, a farmer down the road from me bought a used Ural bike and let me tell you....it was funny as hell! He was super excited the first time he rode it.......he left for his first ride and never came back.....3 hours later he shows up all tired asking me for a ride. He walked 2 or 3 miles (we live in the outskirts where nobody lives and no cars had passed him). The engine went out on the first short ride of more than several miles.....main bearing. He fixed it and about 3 months later he was riding and the wheel bearing failed in the rear wheel hub.

And he made fun of me buying a Jap bike. Look whose laughing now. I had a Jawa bike (british) and it was MUCH MUCH better than the Ural bikes could ever hope to be. Jawa required some maintenance, but they were solid runners and much more reliable than Urals. Still they were not considered highly reliable, but I LAUGH at anyone that thinks Urals are good bikes and can honestly say it with a straight face..... In the words of the Blue Collar Comedy Tour.... "here's your sign".
hotrodjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 08:03 PM   #1734
JustKip
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,535
JustKip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 08:30 PM   #1735
windmill
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,084
'Whose house is of glass, must not throw stones at another.'

Quote:
the part about Soviet Steed is, oh, so true specially about racism, sexism et all the ism you can think about!! Talk about a bunch off angry haters there!!!
Quote:
Racism:
Sexism:
Do you need more????
Quote:
You are not on the SS here (funny acronym is not it? An accident maybe?) go on and defend your racist/homophobic/xenophobic/sexist friends .
Quote:
Try to have a different opinion on SS and see the, so, low reactions of the "locals".
if he disagree with you he must be an OK guy by me!
Quote:
I never called anyone on ADV anything but I am proud of having it done on/about SS for the crap shown there.
Quote:
..."Mom SS : look what they are saying on us in ADV... Cry cry cry, we may say anything we want about the world but, cry, cry, cry don't dare to say something about us, cry, cry, cry"
Quote:
The usual "love it or leave it" BS right?
Let extreme rightist spread their ideas and just ignore it??
And of course not to forget the intelligent personal attacks and name calling
BIGOT:
: a person who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices

Prmurat, you are the definition of the word.

You steadfastly refuse to recognize the incontrovertible fact that you have unjustly condemned an entire group of people for the opinions of a few, and have chosen an inappropriate venue to do it
You're so full of hate and intolerance you have completely failed to grasp that I, and many others agree with you, and don't condone the narrow minded opinions and attitudes of a few.

They don't speak for me or the members I personally know, and you have absolutely no right to imply that they do.
Old 04-18-2013, 10:47 PM   #1736
Prmurat
Studly Adventurer

Funny how you took the liberty to edit my posts to suit your rhetoric ... If a group is not able to ban the "few" (your words!!!!) spreading hate and all the ism previously previously mentioned, could you explain why this group should not be denounced as a whole? Try to be intelligent and not mention the short closing of The Soap Box ...
Old 04-19-2013, 02:36 AM   #1737
RidingDonkeys
Purveyor of Awesome

Oddometer: 7,087
Quote:
... If a group is not able to ban the "few" (your words!!!!) spreading hate and all the ism previously previously mentioned, could you explain why this group should not be denounced as a whole?
Because we believe in free speech. You too have the right to speak freely. However, when you lump an entire group of people into a category based on the actions of a few, you yourself have become just as bigoted as those you accuse.

Since you've spent 25% of your time at Steeds in the Soap Box, you too would be included in any generalization thrown at that forum by someone else. However, instead of acknowledging your faults, you choose to hop from forum to forum spewing vitriol at others while claiming to be righteous yourself.
Old 04-19-2013, 02:40 AM   #1738
Poacher Bob
Persona non grata

Oddometer: 1,967
Quote:
Originally Posted by on2wheels52 View Post
You don't seem to take your own advice very well.
Jim
They ALL do that..

Poacher Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 03:56 AM   #1739
immulmen
Adventurer

Oddometer: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodjoe View Post
My neighbor, a farmer down the road from me bought a used Ural bike and let me tell you....it was funny as hell! He was super excited the first time he rode it.......he left for his first ride and never came back.....3 hours later he shows up all tired asking me for a ride. He walked 2 or 3 miles (we live in the outskirts where nobody lives and no cars had passed him). The engine went out on the first short ride of more than several miles.....main bearing. He fixed it and about 3 months later he was riding and the wheel bearing failed in the rear wheel hub.

And he made fun of me buying a Jap bike. Look whose laughing now. I had a Jawa bike (british) and it was MUCH MUCH better than the Ural bikes could ever hope to be. Jawa required some maintenance, but they were solid runners and much more reliable than Urals. Still they were not considered highly reliable, but I LAUGH at anyone that thinks Urals are good bikes and can honestly say it with a straight face..... In the words of the Blue Collar Comedy Tour.... "here's your sign".
I bought a USED VOLVO and the dam thing broke down. [I am not going to tell you how old it was or how many miles it had, what engine it had or what I checked and serviced before I started driving it!] It was 18 years old and had 350,000 miles! Dam Volvo's are so undependable!
immulmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 05:15 AM   #1740
Barnone
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,587
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodjoe View Post
And he made fun of me buying a Jap bike. Look whose laughing now. I had a Jawa bike (british) and it was MUCH MUCH better than the Ural bikes could ever hope to be.
hotrodjoe,
You need to get your facts straight. Jawa is not a British manufactured bike.
"JAWA Motokov is a motorcycle manufacturer based in Czech Republic."
http://www.jawaireland.ie/history_of_jawa_3.html

Kinda makes the rest of your post suspect.
2012 Dong Fang DF250RTB
Barnone is offline   Reply With Quote