Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-17-2013, 07:53 PM   #3811
team ftb
Befuddled Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,652
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoilSampleDave View Post
Might they be clever enough to want you to put in a new filter at the QD every time you replace the injector, and that's why it is there?
thats what its for, however i've binned the quick disconnect as some have complained of the o-rings getting nicked and leaking. i figured one less thing to go wrong so removed it from my fuel line and replaced it with golan mini in addition to the filter in the tank and fuel sock. the little tiny filters seem very easy to get blocked up and hoping the larger surface area of the filter sock and golan will keep it clean and run enough fuel without blocking up once it traps a few particles.
Team "Fingering The Bean"

Looking for the woman that takes the wheel when I'm seeing double.
team ftb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 09:34 PM   #3812
KrustyKustom
Lets Go....

Oddometer: 631
agreed..

I have dinged two o rings being very careful on the quick disconnect. It appears they are either very soft or very brittle? I messed mine up once putting the dirt cover on doing a clean up. It is nice to have it though. Makes the whole take down of the bike go quick and i am one of the ones that happen to like the Oetiker clamps (never had a failure).
KrustyKustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 10:07 PM   #3813
SoilSampleDave
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,660
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrustyKustom View Post
I have dinged two o rings being very careful on the quick disconnect. It appears they are either very soft or very brittle? I messed mine up once putting the dirt cover on doing a clean up. It is nice to have it though. Makes the whole take down of the bike go quick and i am one of the ones that happen to like the Oetiker clamps (never had a failure).
Yep, the first time I used the QD, the o-ring for the male dirt-blocking plug split when I removed it. I need to look up one of Bengt Phorks posts where he listed the best bulk purchase option.

'13 350EXC-F
SoilSampleDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 11:52 AM   #3814
ngads
Adventurer

Oddometer: 40
stock chain?

Switching to 14/48 gearing, were you guys able to use the stock chain? Or did you have to buy new/modify stock

Thanks
ngads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 12:25 PM   #3815
BanhXeo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 334
Stock chain fits.
This is my WIFE, here are my BIKES, and these are my STORIES: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=897188
BanhXeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 05:01 PM   #3816
ngads
Adventurer

Oddometer: 40
Cool2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanhXeo View Post
Stock chain fits.
cheers bud
ngads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 04:57 AM   #3817
psyco
Motard Madness

Oddometer: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngads View Post
cheers bud
+1
psyco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 05:44 AM   #3818
Lulu7404
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 273
But, you do have to flip the axle adjustment blocks for the extra room or the back tire will be too close to mud flap, if it even fits.
Lulu7404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 10:45 AM   #3819
MJG2
Adventurer

Oddometer: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngads View Post
Switching to 14/48 gearing, were you guys able to use the stock chain? Or did you have to buy new/modify stock

Thanks
I am running 13/48 with stock chain -fits fine
stock chain on 13 500 is DID VT2 which is a very good chain - I am running that on my other bikes
09 Kawasaki KLX250S
07 Ducati Multistrada 1100 S
MJG2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 10:47 AM   #3820
MasterMarine
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,512
So what is the best pipe guard to get? I want to get a full coverage model that covers as much of the stock head pipe as possible so I don't melt my expensive gear or sensitive skin so easily. Most of my older stuff has melt marks in it already from my KLX and its Big Gun headpipe.

I have prowled thru this thread but it is so hard to sort out who has what. My 500 EXC is on its way to the dealer so I am trying to get the goodies for it before it arrives.

Thanks for your input!
MasterMarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 02:17 PM   #3821
Bungholio
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterMarine View Post
So what is the best pipe guard to get? I want to get a full coverage model that covers as much of the stock head pipe as possible so I don't melt my expensive gear or sensitive skin so easily. Most of my older stuff has melt marks in it already from my KLX and its Big Gun headpipe.

I have prowled thru this thread but it is so hard to sort out who has what. My 500 EXC is on its way to the dealer so I am trying to get the goodies for it before it arrives.

Thanks for your input!
I have a Wings muffler on my 530 and i can lay a hand on it while its running with no burning, even after riding for some time. The stocker and the r2r FMF got pretty warm.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Bungholio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 02:33 PM   #3822
Bengt Phorks
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 213
Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill1960 View Post
Was the plugnplay setup you got from ADVmonster for a KTM 500 ?

I dont see it on their website but guess its something they put together for you ?

Whats the difference between your $200 LED setup from ADVmonster and the more expensive BD plugnplay kit ?
The kit was for a KTM 500 EXC and it was offered on his website. I just checked and saw it wasn't listed anymore. The best thing to do is contact him and see if he will make one up for you.
Baja Designs gives you the headlight.
ADVmonster gives you the headlight, adjustable dimmer and a plug and play wiring harness that uses the OEM switch.
Bengt Phorks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 02:58 PM   #3823
SoilSampleDave
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,660
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengt Phorks View Post
The kit was for a KTM 500 EXC and it was offered on his website. I just checked and saw it wasn't listed anymore. The best thing to do is contact him and see if he will make one up for you.
ADVmonster gives you the headlight, adjustable dimmer and a plug and play wiring harness that uses the OEM switch.
I wonder if he didn't have his costs figured out correctly when he started selling the kit, and finally realized he was sending money out the door with each sale!
Think I'll give him a call too.

'13 350EXC-F
SoilSampleDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 08:58 PM   #3824
bill1960
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengt Phorks View Post
Thx for the info, I'll contact the vendor.

Looking at the respective website specs, (advmonster and BD) they both use four Cree XM-L T6 LEDs, and claim 3600 lumens, but have different housings

http://stores.intuitwebsites.com/hst...off/Detail.bok

http://www.bajadesigns.com/ProductDe...mNumber=497051

Interesting that the BD draws 42watts and the ADVmonster only 28w, which suggests some difference.
bill1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 10:08 PM   #3825
h2oplayer
Adventurer

Oddometer: 36
Flatland racing

Check out the pipe guard and skid plate from flatland racing. Very nice build, installs well in minutes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterMarine View Post

Thanks for your input!
LC4 six days

Some of my past rides
GSXR1000, FZ1, ZX-10, CBR1000F Hurricane
Sabre V65. CB1100F, CB900F, CB750F, CB750K
Kawasaki 750 H2 Triple, RD350 and RZ350
YZ250F, KDX200, Elsinore MT125
h2oplayer is offline   Reply With Quote