User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-18-2013, 05:26 AM   #1
2TICKLASSIC OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 30
Airboot from a 68' T500 and a 74' T500

Well if you ever wondered the difference in the drop of the carb size from the 1968 Suzuki T500 Cobra's 34mm Mikunis to the 1973+ Suzuki T500 Titan's 32mm Mikunis. Well unfortunately I do not have the carbs to compare side by side, but really you can get the idea of the difference from seeing these airboots side by side and in my opinion is was quiet dramatic. Interestingly enough it is stated that the performance did not suffer from this change and was a big improvement for the T500's fuel economy. I believe the fuel economy was significantly better, but looking at the difference sizes in the air boots its hard for me to believe the performance didn't suffer by much. Until I take a later model for a ride myself I'm sticking to my wits. I hope I can get some input on this subject from someone with first hand expierence. I love two strokes!!!

2TICKLASSIC screwed with this post 04-18-2013 at 06:21 PM
2TICKLASSIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 04:49 PM   #2
ken_the_carp
Adventurer

Oddometer: 76
The boot on the left is identical to the NOS one I purchased for my 72, so is the smaller older one from a 74?
ken_the_carp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 06:19 PM   #3
2TICKLASSIC OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by ken_the_carp View Post
The boot on the left is identical to the NOS one I purchased for my 72, so is the smaller older one from a 74?
Yes the smaller is from a 74'. Sorry I generalized when I said 70' t500 airboot, I'll correct that bit. The 34mm Mikunis carbs where in production till 1972 on the t500 so the NOS airboot you purchased should be the one on the left if your bikes a 72'. Again sorry if you felt miss informed I was just trying to show you and others the comparison between the two . But thank you for pointing that out :).
2TICKLASSIC is offline   Reply With Quote