Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-18-2013, 02:29 PM   #151
single
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom-Nor View Post
If you have to ask, you will never get it.
Exactly what Harley riders say as well.
single is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 02:38 PM   #152
gto3
Adventurer

Oddometer: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by single View Post
Exactly what Harley riders say as well.
I like harleys,lol,seriously.If you think owning a liter bike is about having garage jewelry your lost .no one gives a shit what you ride but you seem to have some prettty strong opinions about what others should ride

gto3 screwed with this post 04-18-2013 at 02:44 PM
gto3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 02:43 PM   #153
gto3
Adventurer

Furthermore on page 9 you make the suggestion that a z1000 "doesn't leave much to be desired in the bonkers department"if your going to compare a z1000 to a zx10r your on another planet.Corndog is right these two bikes aren't even in the same league
Old 04-18-2013, 03:06 PM   #154
gto3
Adventurer

Quote:
That wasn't his point at all. He was pointing out the only thing one of those bikes gains you is it's ability to do completely idiotic stunts on public roads. No one is denying there is a large subculture of motorcycle enthusiasts who like to do 100 mph wheelies and cruise at a buck fiddy down the interstate. That will probably never change and if you want to do those stunts, no one is going to stop you except the police or death. Let's be honest about the bike's abilities and public roads.
and here it is,because it's a sportbike that person must be using it idiotically,they must be using that bike to ride the freeway at insane speeds????,
You guys are right about motorcycles being able to break the speed limit,but I've never riden with anybody on any kind of bike v strom,gs whatever that doesn't break the speed limit ,infact I know a lot of people who have switched to sport tourers just to remain more incognito from the law and in a lot of cases their riding style is more wild than the guys on sport bikes ! lol
Old 04-18-2013, 03:39 PM   #155
Existence_Inc
The Wanderer

Oddometer: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by opmike View Post
Another thread gone to shit.
Indeed. Now the real questions are what gear will they wear and what kind of oil works best!

~Ex
/coat
2014 BMW R1200GS
Existence_Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 04:20 PM   #156
single
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gto3 View Post
I like harleys,lol,seriously.If you think owning a liter bike is about having garage jewelry your lost .no one gives a shit what you ride but you seem to have some prettty strong opinions about what others should ride
Not at all, I also don't care what people ride. I myself own a literbike. I can appriciate why people buy them, and why people buy Harleys, Ducatis, BMWs, and every motorcycle under the sun.

I'm purely talking objectively about the practical merits of street riding. And if you don't think a ZX10R is a piece of jewelry in that context, you are the one who is lost.
Old 04-18-2013, 04:54 PM   #157
Wreckster
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 356
Easy comparison. Ninja 250 has to be rung out to move down the thruway. Engine has to work hard majority of the time and god forbid you want to pass someone.
Liter bike will cruise around with ease. Minimal gear changes as you can use a majority of the rpm range, highway riding is easy work for the motor, can kick it up a few good notches when its time to move.

Ever want to drive ariund a corvette or anything with some decent power? Most people with fast cars arent too insane (im one of them)
Wreckster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 04:58 PM   #158
corndog67
Banned

Oddometer: 1,281
Quote:
Not at all, I also don't care what people ride. I myself own a literbike. I can appriciate why people buy them, and why people buy Harleys, Ducatis, BMWs, and every motorcycle under the sun.

I'm purely talking objectively about the practical merits of street riding. And if you don't think a ZX10R is a piece of jewelry in that context, you are the one who is lost.
Is that any different than a Road King, K1600GT, Multistrada or anything else? To me, my bikes are toys. Nothing more. KTM 950? Big toy. XR, CT-70? Little toys. Just some toys have a bit more potential for speed than others.
corndog67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 05:12 PM   #159
single
Gnarly Adventurer

K1600 and Road Kings and Gold Wings and other bikes in that class are built from the top down with road riding in mind and bringing in those bikes is completely changing the subject and/or missing the point. What I was specifically talking about is the difference between a Ninja 1000 or CB1000R or FZ1 compared to a ZX10R, CBR1000RR, and R1 in the context of road riding. Both classes of bikes have extremely high limits for street riding, plenty of power and torque all throughout the rev range, and the only performance oriented reason to choose the latter is for, as Unleaded eloquently phrased it, "wide open displays of idiocy". There are plenty of subjective reasons to own them, and like I said, I have one in the garage, but performance on the street is not one of those reasons.
Old 04-18-2013, 05:16 PM   #160
joexr
Banned

Oddometer: 3,773
Quote:
That wasn't his point at all. He was pointing out the only thing one of those bikes gains you is it's ability to do completely idiotic stunts on public roads. No one is denying there is a large subculture of motorcycle enthusiasts who like to do 100 mph wheelies and cruise at a buck fiddy down the interstate. That will probably never change and if you want to do those stunts, no one is going to stop you except the police or death. Let's be honest about the bike's abilities and public roads.
What makes you think everybody is a wheelying stunt monkey or moron who can only go straight? I'm 50 , been riding since I was 7. Point out 10 guys on bikes , I'm better than 9 of them. No BS. I go 10 over pretty much everywhere I go. A chimpanzee can twist a throttle going straight. When the road twists I'm on it , 3 times the speed limit. Don't knock it because you're incapable. Inexperienced people / kids will always maim themselves , I guess it's natural selection , but don't knock MY freedom. So you've got a 1000 , for what. You can't really ride it anyway.

joexr screwed with this post 04-18-2013 at 05:26 PM
joexr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 05:17 PM   #161
corndog67
Banned

Quote:
K1600 and Road Kings and Gold Wings and other bikes in that class are built from the top down with road riding in mind and bringing in those bikes is completely changing the subject and/or missing the point. What I was specifically talking about is the difference between a Ninja 1000 or CB1000R or FZ1 compared to a ZX10R, CBR1000RR, and R1 in the context of road riding. Both classes of bikes have extremely high limits for street riding, plenty of power and torque all throughout the rev range, and the only performance oriented reason to choose the latter is for, as Unleaded eloquently phrased it, "wide open displays of idiocy". There are plenty of subjective reasons to own them, and like I said, I have one in the garage, but performance on the street is not one of those reasons.
Wrong.
Old 04-18-2013, 05:29 PM   #162
Unleaded
Unit Train

Oddometer: 726
Quote:
Originally Posted by joexr View Post
What makes you think everybody is a wheelying stunt monkey or moron who can only go straight? I'm 50 , been riding since I was 7. Point out 10 guys on bikes , I'm better than 9 of them. No BS. I go 10 over pretty much everywhere I go. A chimpanzee can twist a throttle going straight. When the road twists I'm on it , 3 times the speed limit. Don't knock it because you're incapable. Inexperienced people / kids will always maim themselves , I guess it's natural selection , but don't knock MY freedom. So you've got a 1000 , for what. You can't really ride it anyway.
Overconfidence: Bringing dead people and higher insurance premiums to a location near you.
Old 04-18-2013, 05:43 PM   #163
joexr
Banned

Oddometer: 3,773
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unleaded View Post
Overconfidence: Bringing dead people and higher insurance premiums to a location near you.
Fear and inability : clogging up nice roads everywhere.
joexr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 05:45 PM   #164
corndog67
Banned

A K1600 will do, what, 80 in first gear? Your argument is skewed. You assume nobody has any self control. Your statement that the ONLY reason to buy one (a Supersport Liter bike) is to ride like an idiot. You're making shit up to suit yourself.
Old 04-18-2013, 05:47 PM   #165
stripple OP
Runnin' Hard

Oddometer: 583
Quote:
Originally Posted by joexr View Post
fear and inability : Clogging up nice roads everywhere.

^^^^this!^^^^