ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Road warriors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-18-2013, 06:48 PM   #166
joexr
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: S.E.
Oddometer: 3,773
Next they'll tell us they've got a better religion too. Mine is asphalt and rubber.
joexr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 06:50 PM   #167
single
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2012
Oddometer: 121
Amazing how some people are so insecure they have to beat their chest about their riding ability while calling names to anonymous strangers on the internet.

I own a literbike, and I use it at the track. You can assume whatever you want about my riding ability but I am not assuming anything about yours except I'm sure there are riders out there who could embarrass you and your liter bike on a Ural.

I also understand the difference between track riding and street riding, and there is absolutely no performance advantage among the bikes I discussed riders being equal unless you want to perform "wide open displays of idiocy".

And again, my statement is simply an objective measure of the performance advantage of a liter bike for street riding. I already said there are multiple other reasons to own a literbike, including ergos, garage bling, pride of ownership, and apparently bragging on internet forums to strangers.
single is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 06:57 PM   #168
joexr
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: S.E.
Oddometer: 3,773
Nobody called you anything and I was'nt beating my chest. My point is that not everybody is as inexperienced / incapable as you. Some people CAN actually ride their bikes.
joexr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 07:01 PM   #169
gto3
Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2010
Location: The skoka
Oddometer: 88
single^^^"in that context" you know what you said and how you meant it ,you just don't have the nuts to back it up now because you realized how ignorant your statement was ,anyways keep talkin your game dude,,, ,
__________________
Coffee ? Carwash ?
gto3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 07:01 PM   #170
Colorado_Rider
Beastly Adventurer
 
Colorado_Rider's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2013
Location: Failville, CO
Oddometer: 1,162
Quote:
Originally Posted by joexr View Post
Fear and inability : clogging up nice roads everywhere.
Huh? The only thing I see clogging up the roads are cars, lots of them going way too slow. Sometimes I just wish their wheels would fall off so I could watch them tumble down the mountain.
Colorado_Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 07:10 PM   #171
single
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2012
Oddometer: 121
I suppose it makes sense that people who are shameless about wide open displays of idiocy on public roads are the same type of people who are shameless about wide open displays of idiocy on the internet as can be seen from the last few replies.

In any case my point stands, despite whatever riding ability you think you have, pushing past the limits of a CB1000R/FZ1/Z1000 on the street is stupid.
single is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 07:16 PM   #172
joexr
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: S.E.
Oddometer: 3,773
Quote:
Originally Posted by single View Post
I suppose it makes sense that people who are shameless about wide open displays of idiocy on public roads are the same type of people who are shameless about wide open displays of idiocy on the internet as can be seen from the last few replies.

In any case my point stands, despite whatever riding ability you think you have, pushing past the limits of a CB1000R/FZ1/Z1000 on the street is stupid.
You should run for public office. You'll have the vote of all of the other elderly people. Then you can help turn this into a police state even faster.
joexr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 07:18 PM   #173
gto3
Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2010
Location: The skoka
Oddometer: 88
your hilarious single ,you babble on about people being insecure and calling each other names and here you are calling everybody idiots...no one cares bud, yuourself and unleaded came into this thread to stir the pot and you got what u were looking for,be happy and go ride
__________________
Coffee ? Carwash ?
gto3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 07:19 PM   #174
corndog67
Banned
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: Santa Maria, CA
Oddometer: 1,281
We're not talking an "objective measure of performance on the street. ". Generally speaking, almost nobody uses any bike to its limit on the street, whether its that K1600, KZ200, a 600 Super sport , or a Ninja 250. So the street performance thing holds no water. Your statement that riding like an idiot is the only reason to ride a big bore street bike is just bullshit. And yes, you did write that. It's wrong.
corndog67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 07:21 PM   #175
gto3
Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2010
Location: The skoka
Oddometer: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado_Rider View Post
Huh? The only thing I see clogging up the roads are cars, lots of them going way too slow. Sometimes I just wish their wheels would fall off so I could watch them tumble down the mountain.
If I lived near some mountains I'd probably roll my self off of one after this thread lol
__________________
Coffee ? Carwash ?
gto3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 07:25 PM   #176
Unleaded
Unit Train
 
Unleaded's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2003
Location: Hellinois
Oddometer: 804
Quote:
Originally Posted by gto3 View Post
yuourself and unleaded came into this thread to stir the pot and you got what u were looking for...
Nah...I was here for the 120 mph wheelies. This pot was over-stirred a long time ago.
__________________
www.motorcycletravelers.com
Unleaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 07:26 PM   #177
joexr
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: S.E.
Oddometer: 3,773
Quote:
Originally Posted by gto3 View Post
If I lived near some mountains I'd probably roll my self off of one after this thread lol
Well , at least today the conversation has been more stimulating than how to destroy the handling of a sportbike.
joexr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 07:28 PM   #178
duke944
Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2012
Oddometer: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by corndog67 View Post
A K1600 will do, what, 80 in first gear? Your argument is skewed. You assume nobody has any self control. Your statement that the ONLY reason to buy one (a Supersport Liter bike) is to ride like an idiot. You're making shit up to suit yourself.
Sigh, one last attempt. There is never a reason to hit max speed in any gear, or run the revs up on a K1600. Why? because it has so much torque throughout the rev range good thrust is but a twist away. You don't need to buy a K1600, there are lots of street bikes with great power delivery.
A liter bike is pretty gutless under about 7k rpms, then takes off like a missile. Thus, to get good thrust you need to get the rpms up into it's powerband. By this time you are speeding, unless you are in 1st gear. This combined with the monkey fucking a football ergos is why they make stupid street bikes.
duke944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 07:29 PM   #179
corndog67
Banned
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: Santa Maria, CA
Oddometer: 1,281
Quote:
Originally Posted by single View Post
I suppose it makes sense that people who are shameless about wide open displays of idiocy on public roads are the same type of people who are shameless about wide open displays of idiocy on the internet as can be seen from the last few replies.

In any case my point stands, despite whatever riding ability you think you have, pushing past the limits of a CB1000R/FZ1/Z1000 on the street is stupid.
Very few people can actually push the limits of those bikes. You're not pushing the limits of your track bike either. It isn't about pushing limits. Its about riding what you want to ride. Whether someone that doesn't have a clue likes it or not.
corndog67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 07:29 PM   #180
gto3
Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2010
Location: The skoka
Oddometer: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unleaded View Post
Nah...I was here for the 120 mph wheelies. This pot was over-stirred a long time ago.
__________________
Coffee ? Carwash ?
gto3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 02:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014