Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-18-2013, 01:30 PM   #676
hiADV
Island Explorer

Oddometer: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by iSAW View Post
G'day! (or Aloha!)

My name is Steve and I;m heading to Hawaii for 3 weeks in a months time. I'm trying to find a well priced Motorbike/scooter/Dual sport for rent for a week on Maui and the Big island. I'm not interested in harleys, and can't really afford the quoted prices for bikes that I'm finding on the web.

is there any local knowledge, or a friendly soul that can point me in the direction of a rental company, or person, on either The Big Island, or Maui where i can get a bike? Dates are approx the 28th May till the 6th for both the other islands. I seem to be sorted for Ohau already :)

If your around and feel like sharing a beer (or 5) with a late 20's aussie drop me a line.

Cheers!
G'day iSAW! I'm your guy here on the Big Island... we have a good variety of dual sports and I can turn you onto some amazing ride routes. Also, I do multiple day discounts and I'll discount your rental rate even more just for being an inmate

Website is in the sig line for more info and feel free to email me, call or PM and we can sort out the details.

On Maui, there only dual sports available are through Maui Moto Adventures but I think they currently only offer daily guided tours, may want to contact them. Mike is the owner there and a super nice guy.
hiADV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 11:25 PM   #677
Bald Kirk
Dances with Dirt Bikes

Oddometer: 789
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southest US Thumper View Post
You picked it up just in time for this: 2013 Kahuku Extreme XC Hare Scramble - June 30th. I'm on the fence right now, if the Federal Furloughs go through I'm on it since I'll be able to schedule Friday and Monday off as furlough and I have enough miles to get there and friends to stay with the extra days are to receive and ship the bike. Entry form here: http://www.ridehma.com/sites/ridehma...reScramble.pdf

What did you get?
I bought a 500 exc and it needs just a few things to be ready. Getting ready to order a skid plate, etc and have just a few hours on the motor breaking it in. About to check the valves, etc. My buddies shipped all my old dirt gear from the east coast. Nice not to be needing ice screws. I need to get to work sorting this bike out so I guess getting ready for a scramble is as good a time as any!

Aloha,
Kirk
Old 04-22-2013, 09:13 PM   #678
Southest US Thumper
Extreme n00b

Oddometer: 2,007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bald Kirk View Post
I bought a 500 exc and it needs just a few things to be ready. Getting ready to order a skid plate, etc and have just a few hours on the motor breaking it in. About to check the valves, etc. My buddies shipped all my old dirt gear from the east coast. Nice not to be needing ice screws. I need to get to work sorting this bike out so I guess getting ready for a scramble is as good a time as any!

Aloha,
Kirk
Hmmmm, super nice bike! Go up to Kahuku and ride around on the perimeter trail and check it out before you plop $50.00 Kala Beans down to enter. You need to ship over here and check out the B.I.!
Old 05-01-2013, 08:52 AM   #679
Southest US Thumper
Extreme n00b

Last Sunday

Riding with friends on a friend's ranch, conditions were pretty close to Epic!

Old 05-06-2013, 06:39 PM   #680
sfront
Chaos in Motion

Oddometer: 946
Did Justin lose some weight??????

STEVE

So what if it was short....I still had a great time!!!
sfront is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:33 PM   #681
Southest US Thumper
Extreme n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfront View Post
Did Justin lose some weight??????
I dunno about weight but he sure hasn't lost any speed, that kid can fly! Oh to be young, fearless, and fast (I'd say "again" but I never was fast....).
Old 05-11-2013, 02:31 PM   #682
Southest US Thumper
Extreme n00b

Quote:
I hope this isn't a Party Foul, but this is on the local CL, offer em $4,100.00 http://honolulu.craigslist.org/big/mcy/3685478486.html
Looks like he's back and in the range I first suggested. http://honolulu.craigslist.org/big/mcy/3778157714.html Lower actually!
Old 05-12-2013, 07:02 PM   #683
ARZ
Adventurer

Oddometer: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiADV View Post
G'day iSAW! I'm your guy here on the Big Island... we have a good variety of dual sports and I can turn you onto some amazing ride routes. Also, I do multiple day discounts and I'll discount your rental rate even more just for being an inmate

Website is in the sig line for more info and feel free to email me, call or PM and we can sort out the details.

On Maui, there only dual sports available are through Maui Moto Adventures but I think they currently only offer daily guided tours, may want to contact them. Mike is the owner there and a super nice guy.
I have spoken with Mike and I concur, super nice guy. Also he has a fleet of brand new KTM,s. Im super stoked to go ckeck out the trails too.

iSAW, I will be in Maui from the evening of the 3rd till the 17th. I would love to have several beers with you and talk dirt bikes and AU, one of my close moto friends just moved to Perth. PM me, and maybe we can rent from Mike the same time and share some awesome trails and more beers afterwards.
Old 05-19-2013, 06:21 PM   #684
bensgone
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 254
Are there any Oahu riders that are near the pearl harbor side? I have a deployed fellow rider support project in mind, please pm me if you want to know more and have a couple hours of time to contribute at pearl harbor.
Thanks, Bensgone
bensgone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 04:54 PM   #685
ARZ
Adventurer

Oddometer: 74
I met another Maui local on the trails north of Moab this weekend. His name is Woody, if any of you Maui riders knows how to get a hold of him please let me know.
Old 05-23-2013, 12:02 AM   #686
stan.riner
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 140
Quote:
You picked it up just in time for this: 2013 Kahuku Extreme XC Hare Scramble - June 30th. I'm on the fence right now, if the Federal Furloughs go through I'm on it since I'll be able to schedule Friday and Monday off as furlough and I have enough miles to get there and friends to stay with the extra days are to receive and ship the bike. Entry form here: http://www.ridehma.com/sites/ridehma...reScramble.pdf

What did you get?
Let me know if you need any logistical support. I plan on doing the race and we have room at the house.

BTW, We're moving to Vietnam July 15th.
stan.riner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 12:04 AM   #687
stan.riner
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 140
Going to the big isle this weekend to ride. There's no race this year but I wanted Christina to have a chance to ride the mountain since she's been denied two years in a row. Should be good times with great friends.
stan.riner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 02:44 PM   #688
Southest US Thumper
Extreme n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan.riner View Post

BTW, We're moving to Vietnam July 15th.
Wow! That's a heck of a move, looking forward to hearing about it this weekend. Robert
Old 05-27-2013, 03:49 AM   #689
Southest US Thumper
Extreme n00b

We did a pretty fun Mauna Kea 200 make up ride thise weekend since the race was cancelled due to lack of any clear guidelines on how to conduct the event from the HI State Dept. of Land and Natural Resources (DLNR). Sad to think that the event has been going on since 1976 and they (DLNR) still don't have a clue on what the requirements are to hold the event....

Instead we rode for fun, and spent some quality time in the saddle Sat and Sun, folks came from Oahu and others came out of the woodwork to ride and play in the sun.

Sunday was forest:

ADVrider stan.riner, our friend Gary, his wife Jan and two boys came over to ride, the boys stayed with grandma, a couple of other Oahu riders made it too.

Some seriously good riding, eating and of course drinking took place and as usual there were some seriously WTF??? moments with flat tires, cracked radiators, and mindless Tow Straps.

More to follow...

Southest US Thumper screwed with this post 05-27-2013 at 03:48 PM
Southest US Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 03:44 PM   #690
Southest US Thumper
Extreme n00b

Here in the islands we have a very strong ethic of No Hurt or Broken Down Rider Get's Roosted, somebody is always looking out for you! If you need a Tube, Sip from a Hydration Pack, a Fistfull of Poi, Sparkplug Wrench, CR250R Brake Pedal or even Medical Attention you're kind of covered. Now if your just a whiner that has his panties bunched up or got Sand in His Clit, we have something for you too!

Most, OK, Some, of the island folks take a lot of pride in their machines and Clean, Maintain and Pimp them with gusto and Credit Card Bills. To honor those few, there was a Slickest Bike Contest, two top bills are both of the 450 Class and are of Asian origin:

Bo's WR:

Ben's CRF-X:

You can't have a Mauna Kea 200 Make-Up ride just for fun, so just for organizational purposes we made a Starting Line to get everybody together and organized for the "Ride" as well as get an accurate head count of who was going around the White Mountain. Since there wasn't a DLNR Permit to build/paint/ribbon the line we quickly decided to use an evaporative material. Riders lined up (The WR250 would suffer a Puka'd (Holed) radiator later):

The 300XC would suffer a seizure later as a result of the Puka in the Radiator, the Husaberg 300 would suffer a tweaked rear fender as a result of the tow strap to the seized KTM, some sort of Sibling Rivalry Spat.....

Auwryt, time to go do some Cliff Diving or somethin....