Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-18-2013, 10:51 PM   #4591
James Adams
Misplaced

Oddometer: 8,992
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevie88 View Post
And most importantly, incredibly hot women will constantly throw themselves at you when they learn you ride the Guzzi.

Happens to me all the time; it makes no difference that I'm fat and ugly.

Old 04-19-2013, 12:30 AM   #4592
Adam R
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 146
I'm glad it isn't just me - since getting my Stelvio I now have a sexy girlfriend 17 years my junior...

Old 04-19-2013, 05:22 AM   #4593
GerryL
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 127
First true night ride

I've had my Stelvio for a couple of weeks and put about 800 miles on (I work too you know), but early this morning was my first ride when it was really dark. I have to say this bike has the best stock lighting of any bike I have had. Nice to see the deer way out there!
GerryL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 06:01 AM   #4594
Cloudhopper
Adventurer

Oddometer: 68
So i'm still in the middle of all the paperwork shenanigan the irish government throws at you when you import a bike from the UK. Was told there was a mistake in the papers and i HAD to correct it before it finally putting on irish plates.
So i went back to the office that is dealing with that only to find you that the way the paperwork is worded is the ONLY possible way and the lady on the hotline had no effin clue.

I didnt care. Decided that I wouldn't get a parking spot with the cage at work when i get back from that authority, so i took the bike instead.

Best lunch break all week
Cloudhopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 06:22 AM   #4595
brooklyn slim
nasty, brutish and tall

Oddometer: 2,771
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevie88 View Post
And most importantly, incredibly hot women will constantly throw themselves at you when they learn you ride the Guzzi.
Uh-oh. That might be a deal breaker. I have enough problems explaining to my wife why legions of nubile and compliant women hurl themselves at my feet wherever I go. You're telling me there'll be even more of them if I become a Guzzisto?

On the other hand, who am I to deny my geriatric charms to another Victoria's Secret model or three?
Old 04-19-2013, 07:10 AM   #4596
Ham
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 308
There is a perceived buzz at somewhere around 3200 - 3800. I say that because though I note it I can't actually find anything that I touch actually buzzes.

This bike is of at least two natures. Low below 3200 is a thumper and at 4000 above is is a glass smooth screamer. It all depends on what you want to do that day. Keep it above 4000 and find some paved twisties and watch your Yamaha dissappear in the mirror. You see the stats don't reflect this as it just isn't something the average article notes. But you will.

I appreciate what has been said above. After getting this bike and riding it I keep having this blond, 5' 2", 105 lb babe come on to me in the most obvious way. This of course would be my wife...she loves this ride:)
Ham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 09:48 AM   #4597
RRVT
Wild and Crazy Guy

Oddometer: 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklyn slim View Post
Uh-oh. That might be a deal breaker. I have enough problems explaining to my wife why legions of nubile and compliant women hurl themselves at my feet wherever I go. You're telling me there'll be even more of them if I become a Guzzisto?

On the other hand, who am I to deny my geriatric charms to another Victoria's Secret model or three?
This is a typical Guzzista view:

RRVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 10:12 AM   #4598
Adam R
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ham View Post
There is a perceived buzz at somewhere around 3200 - 3800. I say that because though I note it I can't actually find anything that I touch actually buzzes.
I've had a rattly clutch lever and lower screen mounts giving elusive buzzes in the past...?

Quote:
I appreciate what has been said above. After getting this bike and riding it I keep having this blond, 5' 2", 105 lb babe come on to me in the most obvious way. This of course would be my wife...she loves this ride:)
It's a fine pillion seat to be sure!
Old 04-19-2013, 11:24 AM   #4599
pyoungbl
Colonel Blood

Oddometer: 443
Quote:
Ham, try the hand guards. My right one was vibrating against the master cylinder. Same rpm range, easy fix.
Peter Y.

pyoungbl screwed with this post 04-19-2013 at 01:23 PM Reason: spelling
pyoungbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 11:54 AM   #4600
rockywidge
n00b

Oddometer: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomax View Post
I put Todd's fueling kit on my Stelvio and it is smooth at all RPM ranges now. No more vibration at 3800 or anywhere. It does not seem to have the snap that it once had but overall I am very pleased with the modification.

Marc
I just ordered Todds remapped ECU for my new Stelvio . I didn't know the bike would lose any hps or torque as result . Hope thats not the case . Did you replace the ECU as well ?
rockywidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 12:05 PM   #4601
James Adams
Misplaced

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyoungbl View Post
Ham, try the hand guards. My right one was vibrating against the master cylinder. Same rpm rang, easy fix.
Peter Y.
Mine had exactly the same issue.
Old 04-19-2013, 12:09 PM   #4602
James Adams
Misplaced

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockywidge View Post
I just ordered Todds remapped ECU for my new Stelvio . I didn't know the bike would lose any hps or torque as result . Hope thats not the case . Did you replace the ECU as well ?
I don't think it's making less power.

Todd can correct me if I'm wrong, but one of the things his remap does is richen up the mixture to reduce heat and surging (not that there's much surging noticeable). An additional result of the richened mixture is a slightly softened throttle response, which will improve ridability at slow speeds, especially on loose surfaces.
Old 04-19-2013, 12:24 PM   #4603
danketchpel
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,222
This question may have been posed before but here goes.

Can ANYBODY who owns a 2013 U.S. Stelvio confirm their bike has the roller tappets?

I mean confirm, not suspect or supply references that it should have them.

I know some of you guys have 2013 models, anybody pulled the valve cover to see for sure?

Anybody with a late 2012???
09 Kawi KLR650 - for sale
00 Suzi DRZ400-S
danketchpel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 01:01 PM   #4604
Lomax
Nanu-Nanu Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,746
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockywidge View Post
I did the PCV and the O2 sensors but not the ECU reflash. NO the bike does not loose any power it is just a smoother transition through the RPM range.

Marc
Old 04-19-2013, 03:33 PM   #4605
rockywidge
n00b

Oddometer: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomax View Post
I did the PCV and the O2 sensors but not the ECU reflash. NO the bike does not loose any power it is just a smoother transition through the RPM range.

Marc
Thankyou James and Mark for the feedback . I'm looking forward to the improvement not that its terrible or even bad now . Just improving the bike is worth the effort . Cheers, Steve
rockywidge is offline   Reply With Quote