Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-31-2013, 08:14 AM   #1051
cwieland
Adventurer

Oddometer: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimVonBaden View Post
How many miles on your bike? YOu might have a vacuum leak through the rubber boots or through the butterfly bishings. Also, are you ensuring you have the proper slack on both sides?

Jim

it's a 2011 w 6000 miles. Ran strong so I don't think there's anything wrong but me of course -) I am going to check the "slack again" later today. I think that must be it. I will post what I come up with.
cwieland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 02:29 PM   #1052
twinrider
pass the catnip

Oddometer: 8,890
Got mine, thanks.
twinrider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 09:29 AM   #1053
cwieland
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwieland View Post
it's a 2011 w 6000 miles. Ran strong so I don't think there's anything wrong but me of course -) I am going to check the "slack again" later today. I think that must be it. I will post what I come up with.
The good news. I get it now. The bad news with the cables completely backed off and the IAC's locked I'm still @ 35mBar off which is out of spec. The bike is low mileage and in good condition so I'm not sure where to go with this. I'm thinking of a trip to the dealer tomorrow.
Old 04-03-2013, 10:38 AM   #1054
cwieland
Adventurer

I took it to the dealer the other day and the left cable adjuster was broken, hence the unrepeatability I had. They adj the TB to BMW specs. When I took it home it was still off with the harmonizer. I took it to an Indy shop and he used a Kowa Seiki vacuum gage and adjusted it spot on. But again when I took it home it still was off based on the harmonizer but not as much. At this point the bike is running great but I'm really perplexed why I'm having issues with the harmonizer.
Old 04-03-2013, 11:17 AM   #1055
Dallara
Creaks When Walks...

Oddometer: 1,710
Laugh Which is real, and which is Memorex?

Quote:
I took it to the dealer the other day and the left cable adjuster was broken, hence the unrepeatability I had. They adj the TB to BMW specs. When I took it home it was still off with the harmonizer. I took it to an Indy shop and he used a Kowa Seiki vacuum gage and adjusted it spot on. But again when I took it home it still was off based on the harmonizer but not as much. At this point the bike is running great but I'm really perplexed why I'm having issues with the harmonizer.

I've got a wonderful set of Kowa Seiki vacuum gauges (I used to be a Honda dealer, and Kowa Seiki made all of Honda's "special" tools), and they have served me well over the years. Even had them calibrated a few times over the decades... And I also have a 6-gauge rack (built for CBX's) of gauges I built and kept calibrated over the years...

And neither of them ever reads the same as the other set regardless of what bike I've used them on.

Years later I bought a Twin-Max, mainly just because all the BMW crowd thought they were wonderful and I owned a BMW at the time. I used it many times, always carefully zeroing it out prior to synching with it.

And when it show the TB's spot-on I'd slap a set of the vacuum gauges on there and guess what? They'd read differently. So a couple of times I reversed the procedure, synching first with the gauges and then checking with the Twin-Max... And guess what? They'd show the TB's being "off".

Point is, it's probably not the "Harmonizer", any more than it's that gent's Kowa Seiki gauges. They're just going to show slightly different readings. Personally now when I'm doing a twin the vacuum gauges and Twin-max stay mothballed simply because the "Harmonizer" is so much faster and easier to use, which also means I'll synch more often.

If you think about it, all of these devices are going to have some variability... Ambient temperature, humidity, barometric pressure that day, hose length being different from one device to another, etc., etc. that it's actually hard to expect them to each back each other's readings up precisely.

For me, it's pick one and stick with it... And for right now it's the "Harmonizer".

Dallara

~

You never see a motorcycle parked outside a psychiatrist's office

~
Dallara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 01:08 PM   #1056
JimVonBaden
"Cool" Aid!

Oddometer: 48,046
Quote:
Test it. If you switch the hoses and the issue follows it, then it is the guage!

Jim
JimVonBaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:48 PM   #1057
KsFolly
Adventurer

Oddometer: 61
Ok. So I missed the last production run.

Does anyone have a harmonizer they are willing to rent me?

$25 rental and I'll give you a $100 note for collateral. Local to San Diego (Escondido)

K
KsFolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 06:56 AM   #1058
klc4885
n00b

Oddometer: 6
How do I find out when these will be available again?
Old 04-19-2013, 08:15 AM   #1059
Berger
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 637
Quote:
Originally Posted by klc4885 View Post
How do I find out when these will be available again?
Subscribe to this thread and watch the very first post....that's it.
Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 02:09 PM   #1060
Grok OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,562
Delay

Delivery Update

I just found out I have to sell my house and move due to a domestic settlement.

As a result Harmonizer shipments will likely be delayed until June.

As always, thanks everyone for their interest and support!
Old 04-23-2013, 09:11 PM   #1061
KsFolly
Adventurer

Oddometer: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by KsFolly View Post
Ok. So I missed the last production run.

Does anyone have a harmonizer they are willing to rent me?

$25 rental and I'll give you a $100 note for collateral. Local to San Diego (Escondido)

K
Ok. Offer still stands. Collateral can be more if need be. Will ride 150 miles. So basically Los Angeles to the border is fine.
KsFolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 12:04 PM   #1062
JimVonBaden
"Cool" Aid!

Oddometer: 48,046
Quote:
Originally Posted by KsFolly View Post
Ok. Offer still stands. Collateral can be more if need be. Will ride 150 miles. So basically Los Angeles to the border is fine.
Post your request up in the regional section. I bet someone would let you borrow it, or do it for free. I would if I were close.

Jim
JimVonBaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 08:11 AM   #1063
Bitsy
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Did I miss the May allotment?

Next batch available in June? Did I miss-out on those that were to be made available in May? I have been waiting for notice of availability.
Please put me on the list.
Thanks,
Bitsy
Bitsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 11:03 AM   #1064
MikeyT
Krusty Olde Pharte™

Oddometer: 5,087
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitsy View Post
Next batch available in June? Did I miss-out on those that were to be made available in May? I have been waiting for notice of availability.
Please put me on the list.
Thanks,
Bitsy
Patience, Grasshopper,

Read post 1060. There will be none available in May. Further, if you are waiting for someone to notify you of availability, you'll have a long wait. You need to subscribe to the thread. Grok will notify in this thread when he has stock to sell.

He will NOT send individual notices.

99 Shadow Spirit 1100

"Non Illegitimi Carborundum"

MikeyT screwed with this post 04-25-2013 at 11:17 AM
MikeyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 12:06 PM   #1065
VFRMan
n00b

Oddometer: 6
I need one too

I need one of these so will wait patiently

Brian