ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-18-2013, 12:20 PM   #676
fluff34567
Studly Adventurer
 
fluff34567's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: choco land AKA switzerland
Oddometer: 993
only if you are rough arsed or thick would someone put the bracket on the inside - its clearly obvious the bracket rubs as you need to nearly force it in there.

the whole pint is that it shouldnt be like that and hasnt been designed properly
fluff34567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 08:09 PM   #677
bergspyder
n00b
 
Joined: Nov 2012
Location: Bitterroot Valley Montana
Oddometer: 8
new wings

Got my new wings exhaust...8 days after ordering from Gorad. Beautiful workmanship and sounds great with the spark arrestor, I love living on a small planet..Slovenia to Montana in 8 days!!!!!! Don
bergspyder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 08:11 PM   #678
dep411
Gnarly Adventurer
 
dep411's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2013
Oddometer: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by bergspyder View Post
Got my new wings exhaust...8 days after ordering from Gorad. Beautiful workmanship and sounds great with the spark arrestor, I love living on a small planet..Slovenia to Montana in 8 days!!!!!! Don
That's fast mine should be here next week then. Can't wait :)
dep411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 08:26 AM   #679
bruceca2002
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2003
Location: Napa North
Oddometer: 241
Has anyone tried the new aluminum slip on silencer sold by KTM hard parts and does it have a spark arrestor? I like the way it mounts using an inner and outer bracket (like the original pipe) as there is no mid mounting point. Thanks

bruceca2002 screwed with this post 04-25-2013 at 11:09 AM
bruceca2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:22 AM   #680
transplanted
Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Toronto, Canada
Oddometer: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by bergspyder View Post
Got my new wings exhaust...8 days after ordering from Gorad. Beautiful workmanship and sounds great with the spark arrestor, I love living on a small planet..Slovenia to Montana in 8 days!!!!!! Don
Are they still offering the winter pricing?
transplanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 11:47 AM   #681
StuInFH
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: May 2012
Location: Central CA
Oddometer: 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceca2002 View Post
Has anyone tried the new aluminum slip on silencer sold by KTM hard parts and does it have a spark arrestor? I like the way it mounts using an inner and outer bracket (like the original pipe) as there is no mid mounting point. Thanks
I was planning on getting the non-cat Powerparts one for 2013 bike on order. I assumed it had a S/A, will take another look at, good question. Anybody know?

Also, why do I not see much, if any, discussion about voiding warranties with aftermarket pipes? Would go with cheaper Wings, except I don't want to risk warranty coverage.
StuInFH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 11:53 AM   #682
Albie
Kool Aid poisoner
 
Albie's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: NWA
Oddometer: 8,915
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuInFH View Post

Also, why do I not see much, if any, discussion about voiding warranties with aftermarket pipes? Would go with cheaper Wings, except I don't want to risk warranty coverage.
Because they don't. It's against the law for a dealer to try and pull that shit.
__________________
Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun.

Another day, another foot injury!
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 12:25 PM   #683
dep411
Gnarly Adventurer
 
dep411's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2013
Oddometer: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by transplanted View Post
Are they still offering the winter pricing?
No, but pricing is still pretty good.

Just got mine today. Wow I'm impressed with the quality of this can.
Ti-CF look great, got in in under two weeks from overseas. So far I can't find a reason not to buy one. Great communication with the seller. If on the fence I wouldn't hesitate.

Can't wait to put it on...

dep411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 12:52 PM   #684
transplanted
Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Toronto, Canada
Oddometer: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by dep411 View Post
No, but pricing is still pretty good.

Just got mine today. Wow I'm impressed with the quality of this can.
Ti-CF look great, got in in under two weeks from overseas. So far I can't find a reason not to buy one. Great communication with the seller. If on the fence I wouldn't hesitate.

Can't wait to put it on...
Thanks! Just placed an order.
transplanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 03:56 PM   #685
StuInFH
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: May 2012
Location: Central CA
Oddometer: 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albie View Post
Because they don't. It's against the law for a dealer to try and pull that shit.
Hmmm, it's been a while since I explored the Magnuson-Moss Act, but I can't imagine an argument in my favor after I have changed a major component like a pipe (and certainly if the ECU has been remapped) and the codes are related to airflow/backpressure, etc., even if it wasn't literally a crime on my part to delete the cat (which it is). I figure for a couple hundred bucks, better safe than sorry and go with the PP parts (slip on and foam filters). Am I being unnecessarily conservative?
StuInFH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 04:23 PM   #686
DirtSolace
Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2013
Location: Santa Barbara
Oddometer: 86
Wings Exhaust--which core?

Anybody want to weigh in on the Plus's and Minus's between the two core options?

---NOTE: I've edited the language and now have my own answers----

Specifically: increased power from the larger core means what? Better low RPM punch?

YES! (after 1200 miles of ENGINE breakin--which continues to AFFECT power BAND AND response) THE LARGER CORE DEFINITELY (IMHO) HAS MORE POWER/TORQUE BETWEEN 2500-3500RPM'S. BY 4000RPM IF FEELS THE SAME. SOUND=SLIGHTLY LOUDER AT IDLE (than stock) BUT MUCH LOUDER THROATY GROWL BOTH IN ASSERTIVE USE OF POWER ON AND POWER OFF.

Decreased noise from SMALLER core means no better power than from stock exhaust?

FOR ME, IT SEEMED LIKE POWER BAND HAD A BIT LESS TORQUE THAN STOCK. SIMILAR LACK OF ENTHUSIASM BETWEEN 2500-4000RPM BAND. BY 4000 THEY SEEM EVEN. SOUND=PERHAPS A TINY BIT QUIETER THAN STOCK BUT SLIGHTLY DEEPER TONE AT IDLE, WHILE POWER ON AND POWER OFF HAS A NICE SOUND THAT IS DEEPER AND MORE SATISFYING YET NOT NEARLY AS LOUD AT THE LARGER CORE WHICH I ACTUALLY FOUND A BIT OBNOXIOUS.
SO TO SUMMARIZE: UNI FILTER; WINGS EXHAUST WITH CARBON TIP; AND SMALLER CORE IS THE TICKET FOR ME. SAS NOT REMOVED AND FULLY SATISFIED WITH STOCK MAPPING.

--stan

DirtSolace screwed with this post 04-27-2013 at 09:10 PM Reason: CLEAN UP POOR WORD CHOICE WITH ERRORS AND PROVIDE ANSWERS I FINALLY GOT ON MY OWN!
DirtSolace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 06:55 AM   #687
Albie
Kool Aid poisoner
 
Albie's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: NWA
Oddometer: 8,915
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuInFH View Post
Hmmm, it's been a while since I explored the Magnuson-Moss Act, but I can't imagine an argument in my favor after I have changed a major component like a pipe (and certainly if the ECU has been remapped) and the codes are related to airflow/backpressure, etc., even if it wasn't literally a crime on my part to delete the cat (which it is). I figure for a couple hundred bucks, better safe than sorry and go with the PP parts (slip on and foam filters). Am I being unnecessarily conservative?
Well, I installed a free flowing can eliminating the EPA mandated cat, installed a free flowing air filter, the DEALER remapped my ECU twice for me (at no charge). Yet I had repairs done under warranty AFTER it was well out of the warranty period so yeah, I think you're being unnecessarily conservative. BTW, my bikes never thrown a code that related to airflow or back pressure even though I had issues at one time.
__________________
Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun.

Another day, another foot injury!
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 07:09 AM   #688
sdd04
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Location: The Ozarks....SW MO, NW AR-great place to play!
Oddometer: 697
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtSolace View Post
Anybody want to weigh in on the Plus's and Minus's between the two core options?

Specifically: increased power from the smaller core means what? Better low RPM punch?

Decreased noise from larger core means no better power than from stock exhaust?

I could use some help sorting this.... (already committed to the Uni Filter)

Thanx in advance--stan
Not sure about the choice of words that you are using so I will describe what I am doing this way. I use the quietest/smallest holed insert. I went this direction from the beginning as I spend a lot of time in the national forests, and I am ok with the noise it makes for that environment.

I rotate between the uni and the KTM uni like air filters. Stock 2013 mapping and have had no fueling problems to this point. May remap later, not sure.
fwiw
sdd04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 06:16 AM   #689
Ontario GS
Budding Adv. Traveler
 
Ontario GS's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2004
Location: Peterborough, ON, CA
Oddometer: 387
Leo Vince exhaust

Finally installed the Leo Vince on the 690 on Saturday, fired it up and let it idle for the prescribed 15 minutes and then took it for a rip. One word WoW for a difference. Next up the foam air filter.
__________________
John

Husqvarna TE250 (The Gator) -- 10 KTM 690 Enduro

Life ain't about how fast you ride, or how high you climb, but how well you bounce.
Ontario GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:48 AM   #690
B_palmer22
Adventurer
 
B_palmer22's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2013
Oddometer: 32
If anyone has the rear exhaust guard and they're willing to part with it shoot me a PM!
__________________
08 690SMC
01 FZ1
08 Husky 510SMR SOLD, 03 KTM 300 2T Supermoto SOLD, 04 KTM 625 SMC STOLEN, 07 DRZ400SM SOLD
B_palmer22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 05:58 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014