Amazing landscapes...!!!Awesome....!
zandesiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 06:35 AM   #17
aiMhi OP
Now with Titanium

Oddometer: 668
Quote:
Originally Posted by ely243 View Post
That's one of my favorite rides. I like to take a couple of different trails back from Moab though. One is called the Paradox trail which goes toward Montrose and the other is called the Tabeguache trail which goes from the Montrose area back to Grand Junction. Those three make up the trail system called The Grand Loop. I like to take a day for each trail. I'm planning to do the Grand Loop sometime in June this year.

I definately want to go back to that area since I know what to expect now. I need to lookup the Paradox and Tabeguache trial, just the names sound interesting. There is just so much to see and so little time!
aiMhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 06:40 AM   #18
aiMhi OP
Now with Titanium

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwrtrippin View Post
Kind of funny, Modette and I did Kane creek and Chicken corner then went south out to the paved Rd on Sat.
I talked to Modette before I was going and sounded like you where going to join the Jeeping Fraternity and would not be riding. Just looked at Modette's post and looks like we where passing each other here and there, too funny. Looks like you had too much fun at the dunes and Modette stalling his bike it just too precious . Ill be going back there for sure, there is just too much to experience. Slickrock was unbelievalbe, I felt like a kid that just got his first BMX.

I'll see you guys around :)
Old 04-22-2011, 05:58 PM   #19
TheMightyQuinn
Adventurer

Oddometer: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarkBRP View Post
I definately want to go back to that area since I know what to expect now. I need to lookup the Paradox and Tabeguache trial, just the names sound interesting. There is just so much to see and so little time!
There is some info on these trails on the BLM website, and some on the COPMBA mountain bike site. Also, there is a 4x4 site called Intrepid XJ that has some good info. This Grand Loop is not very well known to the motorcycle crowd I think.
Old 04-22-2011, 07:09 PM   #20
aiMhi OP
Now with Titanium

Thanks Ely, I will check it out! Just had a family member start working for the BLM up in Grand Junction, need to pick his mind a bit.

I just love that area, too bad it is so far from Denver but I guess I coulda been driving from Texas or somewhere. Really want to do that ride from Woodland Park up to Breckenridge & back sometime this summer. I know some guys ride it in one day but I want to chill and enjoy hanging out up in Breck (camping) a bit.

Other rides on my list is Cospgs up to Victor/ Cripple Creek via Gold Camp Rd (did this last fall and was awesome). Then loop out to Canon City (stop lunch) Via 67/ Phantom Canyon and then back up to Cripple Creek via Shelf Road (camp at the top). Back next day.

Too many plans!!
Old 04-20-2013, 08:27 AM   #21
jnclem
True Airhead

Oddometer: 373
I have ridden mountain bikes in that area for years, but am a new dual sport rider. I was researching the Kokopelli to see if I could do Rabbit Valley to Moab on my old R100GS. This report answered my question - NOPE! I love that bike for multiple reasons, but someday I will have to get something a bit smaller and more dirt-worthy for some of these trails.

Thanks for the great write-up.
jnclem is offline   Reply With Quote