Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-20-2013, 09:23 AM   #241
corndog67
Banned

Oddometer: 1,281
Quote:
Originally Posted by single View Post
Yes, many race bikes have snatchy fueling. If you have never been on a race bike with snatchy fueling at low RPM, I'd say you are showing your inexperience.

Regarding suspension, anyone who has ridden on a bike with race spec Penske components can attest to the fact that those set ups are generally not street friendly. Hell, depending on road conditions, an adventure bike style setup can be much safer and carry higher speeds then a sport bike. Race bikes are designed for a very specific environment, smooth surfaces and predictable traction. The real world isn't like that.
You see the bike, right? Restricted to 1000ccs. Must have standard diameter valves, which it did. 16.5 wheels. Had standard forks, again, restricted by the rules. But with Ohlins internals. Class didn't/doesn't matter. I didn't race it. My point was, this was a full race bike. And the engine was originally built by Yoshimura, And the fueling was perfect. The statement someone made earlier about race bikes being peaky, and having snatchy fueling was wrong. If a 40 something year old novice Lady can ride it, it was very docile. And would still do wheelies in 4th gear if you wanted to.

I was told it was a Superbike. I'm not sure, you at e probably right about whatever class it raced, maybe it was open GP. I traded a YZ450 for it.
corndog67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 09:32 AM   #242
joexr
Banned

Oddometer: 3,773
That would have been a $100,000 bike to build if it was what you were told. Did you really think you got the deal of the century?For a 450?I have swampland and bridges for sale cheap. You interested? OH , and what the hell is OPEN GP ?

joexr screwed with this post 04-20-2013 at 09:46 AM
joexr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 09:39 AM   #243
corndog67
Banned

You don't know what you're talking about Joe. I know the guy that built it. He's owned it since new. Do you know what an old race bike is worth? Nothing, parts. The wheels cost him $3800. Forged magnesium Marchesini. I got $1100 for the set. What do you do with 16.5s? Nothing. The trickest setup in 02 is nothing now, nostalgia. That $10,000 engine went for a little more than $2000. The Yoshimura adjustable triples went for $600. Some guy offered me $1200 for them a month after I sold them.. I cleared about $6700 on that bike, and stillhave the frame.

What part don't you believe.? Everything I said about that home was the absolute truth. You try to sell an old race bike. I don't care if it has $80,000 in it, its still someone's old race bike and not worth 20% of what they put in it.
Old 04-20-2013, 09:48 AM   #244
joexr
Banned

So how about that realestate?
Old 04-20-2013, 09:49 AM   #245
corndog67
Banned

You don't know what you're talking about Joe. I know the guy that built it. He's owned it since new. Do you know what an old race bike is worth? Nothing, parts. The wheels cost him $3800. Forged magnesium Marchesini. I got $1100 for the set. What do you do with 16.5s? Nothing. The trickest setup in 02 is nothing now, nostalgia. That $10,000 engine went for a little more than $2000. The Yoshimura adjustable triples went for $600. Some guy offered me $1200 for them a month after I sold them.. I cleared about $6700 on that bike, and stillhave the frame.

What part don't you believe.? Everything I said about that home was the absolute truth. You try to sell an old race bike. I don't care if it has $80,000 in it, its still someone's old race bike and not worth 20% of what they put in it.

You can buy a ex-Graves Supersport or Superbike, a couple of years old , for $10-20,000. This Suzook is 10 years old. Not competitive in anything anymore. Just an old race bike. Someone spent a whole buttload of money. And I did get the deal of the century, it was for sale for a couple years before I traded for it.
Old 04-20-2013, 09:51 AM   #246
stripple OP
Runnin' Hard

Oddometer: 589
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalmatino View Post
I can answer that for you. I know ECN-ROL and we have had pretty much the same bikes.
The 05 in my opinion has it all. It was the most comfy sport bike for me (6' 2" 33 inseam), it is stupid fast when tuned properly and the best motor that Suzuki made to date period (mag jurnos still say that all the time)...beautifly smooth and tame with incredible handling especially once the suspension was dialed in and still had the wonderful gixer character. The sound this thing produced with the factory pro velocity stacks and Yosh trioval was the most intoxicating ever. A set of Apex adjustable clip-ons and adjustable rear-sets and I wouldn't hesitate to take it on a trip of any length.
I did not find my 03 as comforetable (long reach & wider) and it always felt like a big liter bike. I had the 03 busa, o3 gixxer 1k and than bought the 05 1k and the other two ware gone. I see it as the 03 being closer to the Busa dna while the 05 was closer to the 750/600. As a mater of fact the 600 feel never went away for me.
The only bad part about the 05 was that I felt like I could do anything with the damn thing which could be dangerous if not kept in check.

05-06 are same bikes and better than the new ones still, accept for 2013 possibly. BMW actually bought 5 05 gsxr 1000 and built the 1000rr around that concept. They puled the Japanese on the Japanese

I'd still have mine if it wasn't stolen from me.

Here's the beast in its element...must get another at some point..

OH yea ECN-ROL, once tuned and geared properly it will easily power wheelie even in 3rd at 200klm if you want to Power wheelies between some turns at the Gap are a blast.

Sweet baby Jesus, that is a beautiful machine.

Thanks for the explanation, I read a lot of very positive things about the 05. The other bike that really does appeal to me is the 04-05 ZX10R. But from what I can ascertain, the ZX isn't quite as balanced as the GSXR of 05.
Old 04-20-2013, 09:51 AM   #247
corndog67
Banned

You just don't know.
Old 04-20-2013, 09:54 AM   #248
joexr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by corndog67 View Post
You just don't know.
I know what you are saying , I just don't think you had what you think you did. No wonder he couldn't sell it. He was telling everybody too much crap.
Old 04-20-2013, 10:12 AM   #249
corndog67
Banned

You seem to forget what I said. I was a machinist in a Superbike shop. I know the difference between bullshit and the real deal. When you know these guys, you get the real deal. I know these guys. I worked for them. Believe it or not.
Old 04-20-2013, 10:14 AM   #250
joexr
Banned

Yet you didn't know there were no 1000cc fours in superbike in '02. So I've GOT to wonder about the bike. If you're going to pose on the internet at least have your facts straight.

joexr screwed with this post 04-20-2013 at 10:34 AM
Old 04-20-2013, 10:56 AM   #251
Dalmatino
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by joexr View Post
Yet you didn't know there were no 1000cc fours in superbike in '02. So I've GOT to wonder about the bike. If you're going to pose on the internet at least have your facts straight.
Dude it's you that is talking out of your ass and obvously are not informed well enough.
Back than they used to have 3-4 classes of racing at every event. Big bore super bikes without restrictions was one of them.
Ans besides Erick Bostrom was still racing 750 kawi with the 1000cc twins in the 1st year of change.
Dalmatino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 10:57 AM   #252
stripple OP
Runnin' Hard

Oddometer: 589
WTF?

Now the 2 most entertaining guys on the thread that have been pretty much saying the same thing all along are arguing?

What the hell is going on here? Please go back to being bad ass anti whimps.

Moving on,,,,,,

Difference in character /comfort /performance of the 2005 GSXR1K and the 04/05 ZX10R... Discuss....
stripple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 11:01 AM   #253
Dalmatino
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by corndog67 View Post

You can buy a ex-Graves Supersport or Superbike, a couple of years old , for $10-20,000. This Suzook is 10 years old. Not competitive in anything anymore. Just an old race bike. Someone spent a whole buttload of money. And I did get the deal of the century, it was for sale for a couple years before I traded for it.
Some of us understand fully and you're right on the money.
Dalmatino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 11:06 AM   #254
joexr
Banned

There may have been 1000cc fours , but they were NOT Superbikes. 32 always ran the ZX7 against 1000cc twins , but also against 1000cc fours when Superbike went to 1000s across the field. And I'm the dumdass? Go ahead and keep blithering.
Old 04-20-2013, 11:12 AM   #255
corndog67
Banned

Your right.

But, I owned that bike. I worked on that bike. I ran that bike. I know what was in that bike. And that's a fact. I also made money when I parted that bike the parts were first class. Just old. You were right about the amount of money in that sled. I'd say an easy $30,000. But it's just like those guys that "invest" $40,000 in a Harley, and sell it for $6500. Not a very good investment.

Joe, make friends with some race shop somewhere. They will sell their old stuff, dirt cheap. There are smoking deals out there. They generally don't want to fuck with parting a bike out and having to deal with a bunch of boneheads buying stuff.