Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Europe
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-03-2011, 11:22 AM   #31
fluff34567
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 938
8th would be best, all bar one would be ok also and its cheaper!
fluff34567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 04:00 AM   #32
Ritter1200GS
Adventurer

Oddometer: 23
Howdy all,

Gonna be in CH and DE for the summer from july to september.
I also wanna join the swiss-gang for week-end or longer rides.
Best wishes to all.
Ritter1200GS@hotmail.com
Old 04-20-2013, 09:39 AM   #33
Salamandryon
Amphibian rider

Oddometer: 1
Hi all!

Since several months, i’m reading ADVRIDER. I think that it’s time to improve my english and share with you some emotions.

I'm living in the little mountains of the swiss jura, at more than 1000 meters, a beautiful country with dark woods and deep lake, tasty cheese and bucolic cows, complicated watches and mysterious green fairy (Absinthe).

We have also sun, rain, ice and snow.

I like ride all the year as much as possible.

So, I use two or three wheels in function of the weather and my purposes: side-car URAL 750 2 WD, MZ 500 Country or BMW F 650 GS twin.

Before, in the seventies and eighties, I had exclusively some enduro or trial motorbikes: Monark, Bultaco, Ossa, Montesa,Huskvarna, Maico... (see "Pics")

One Monark 125 was my first dual sport motorbike in 1972. I learned to ride on a motocross field.

In fact, I don't like good roads!

For 30 years, for different reasons, I could not ride a motorcycle. Now I have to catch up a lot of kilometers!

In 2006 We bought an URAL Vorona, the "CorbaK". We have ride it in all conditions and even with two dogs, one cat and a trailer for thousands of miles.

My girlfriend often comes with me, whatever the weather and the travel conditions...

The last year I sold it with approximatively 95000 km performed (with only one motor but two gearboxes and three clutches) and we bought a new URAL GOBI 2012, "Marguerite". Last principal winter adventures of Marguerite in 2013: winter meetings “Les Marmottes” “les 1000 Etangs” and the “Altes Elefantentreffen” (see "pics").

In 2009, the "Moustique" arrived in the nest, one Yamaha YBR 250. A very good bike for everyday use, when we have no snow to go to the office... Too little, too “roadster” for us.

In 2012, I have sold it. It was the 40 years of my driving licence. We bought a BMW F 650 GS Twin 2012 for our new projects of travels, it is black and yellow, it's the "Triton".

Last adventures of the Triton at the end of 2012: “Haute-Maurienne, Vallée de la Tarentaise” (Parc de la Vanoise in the Alps) et “Le Chemin des Dames” (Historic Landmark of 14-18 near Reims and Laon) (See "Pics")

And there is also the "Salamandre", a rare trailbike: one MZ 500 Country (2002-2008) but bought in 2011 with 3500km. She is yellow and black, it’s clear!

Last adventures of the Salamander in 2012: “Few passes in the Alps, Stella Alpina, Gorges du Verdon, Vercors” (See "Pics").

Scoop of the Day: I'm going to see the Black Sea in early June, with the Triton, A big dream for me

I realize how much my English is poor. Excuse me, thank you...
Best regards.

Meeting 2012 "The 1000 Etangs" near Vesoul

Pics
Salamandryon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 05:00 AM   #34
Vistar
Adventurer

Oddometer: 31
Another one here

Hello all,

Not a Swiss, but living here since 10 years,near Zurich.
Had VFR 750 that took me all over the Alps and beyond...80k.
Now owning a DR Big 800 since 2 years,
Bought it in order to prepare and ship to S.America adventure,
Looks like the cost of shipping it there is more than buying a fully farkeled bike from a fellow traveler in S. America.
This summer going to meet some friends and ride in the area between Croatia , Slovakia, czech rep.
Try to get some dirt roads,since in CH it is almost not possible.

Good day
Ride safe
Vistar
Vistar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 04:32 PM   #35
Mr Voima
Adventurer

Oddometer: 11
Hoi Zäme!

We are moving to nearby Kloten in a couple of short weeks from cold and wet Australia
I would like to get a bike if possible when we get there to tour around on and do my best to get my self lost or at least disorientated.
Any help or a point in the right direction would be appreciated.

Thanks,
K
Mr Voima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 01:34 PM   #36
Cooltours
Rider of passion

Oddometer: 1,476
Let me know when you made yourself comfortable there. We'll gladly show you how's it having little BBQ in the backyard of an average Swiss family's backyard. Gladly sharing everything with you what ever young want to know about motorcylcing in Europe. There indeed ARE differences in the ridingstyle and yes, there ARE as much nice daytrips in the area as you want.
Cooltours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 04:08 PM   #37
Mr Voima
Adventurer

Oddometer: 11
Hey Cooltours,

Thank you for the response. I'll gladly look you up once settle in. We will be arriving the weekend of the 20th, so not long now at all. I've wrapped up my bike here in its winter blankets already (storage)
Looking forward to new adventures on the top side of the world.

Cheers,
Mr Voima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 05:47 AM   #38
callmethebreeze
Zen Motorcyclist

Oddometer: 67
Sankt Gallen for the Tattoo

I'm coming to Sankt Gallen for the Tattoo. I'm a piper with the Manchester Regional Police and Fire Pipeband from Connecticut USA. I would like to rent a motorcycle to head down to the Stelvio or other nearby mountain passes. Any suggestions for good day trips around St. Gallen? Any recommendations for a good motorcycle rental agency?
Thanks,
Tm
P.s. I'm arriving on Monday 7/8.

In the beginners mind there are many possibilities but in the experts there are few
........Suzuki Roshi
callmethebreeze is offline   Reply With Quote