Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2013, 07:10 PM   #3301
Wallowa
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,085
Laugh Turd In Punch Bowl

OK, OK....when will the IICE, "when do I get mine", ever end and the next device [Smooth/Cool or whatever] begin...not that I want to deprive others of the IICE, but how many years has this trickle down been dragging out?

It has been asked many times but never answered...when, even in geologic time, can we expect to be able to purchase the compliment to the IICE?

Thanks...
Old 04-19-2013, 07:37 PM   #3302
Qben
Q

Oddometer: 81
Well, thanks for the response even though the analogy was too much for my small brain to fully appreciate I think you mostly just confirmed what I already suspected though.

Allow me to modify your analogy and correct me if I don't get it right:

IICE Air puts $1000 in your brokerage account each day instead of the $850 your ECU was depositing.

The sprockets allow you to buy a little lower and sell a little higher with whatever money is in your account.
Old 04-19-2013, 08:12 PM   #3303
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Oddometer: 11,729
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qben View Post
Well, thanks for the response even though the analogy was too much for my small brain to fully appreciate I think you mostly just confirmed what I already suspected though.

IICE Air puts $1000 in your brokerage account each day instead of the $850 your ECU was depositing.

The sprockets allow you to buy a little lower and sell a little higher with whatever money is in your account.
The first part is correct, in that more fuel gets injected.

The second part is not quite correct in that there is no gain over and above the money you start with say. Though you can determine whether you withdraw the money in the morning or in the afternoon for example. The analogy is that cam timing determines at which point in the rev range the motor produces maximum power.

IICE Air Hotrod your GS  Fuel Injection  Tech Info  Buy  Order List  Installation
Old 04-19-2013, 08:23 PM   #3304
Qben
Q

Got it. That's what I was trying to say. The sprockets let you take whatever is in the bank and use it at the most useful time. No gain per se.

Well, I think I understand well enough even if my analogy only makes sense to me. Order for IICE Air placed!
Thanks!

(I should expect to get it by Friday, right?)
Old 04-19-2013, 08:23 PM   #3305
Qben
Q

Really, any Friday .... ever, will be fine.
Old 04-19-2013, 08:26 PM   #3306
DOGSROOT
OUTSIDE

Oddometer: 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qben View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolside View Post
The first part is correct, in that more fuel gets injected.

The second part is not quite correct in that there is no gain over and above the money you start with say. Though you can determine whether you withdraw the money in the morning or in the afternoon for example. The analogy is that cam timing determines at which point in the rev range the motor produces maximum power.

Great.

I was just on the cusp of deciphering the stock market when you guys screwed everything up

w/ your damned FI analogies.

This drug won't cure you...but it will put your symptoms to shame
Old 04-20-2013, 07:06 PM   #3307
Snowbound
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 873
Ordered mine a little while ago. Don't understand the "market" at all . Just know that the flux costs me money at times .Looking forward to more versatile torque out of my old GS.
2001 R 1150 GS 1978 R 100RS 1976 XT-500 1964 CL-72
1955 CJ-5 1975 F-250 Highboy
Old 04-21-2013, 08:59 AM   #3308
Happy Wanderer
Day Dreaming.. .

Oddometer: 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallowa View Post
OK, OK....when will the IICE, "when do I get mine", ever end and the next device [Smooth/Cool or whatever] begin...not that I want to deprive others of the IICE, but how many years has this trickle down been dragging out?

It has been asked many times but never answered...when, even in geologic time, can we expect to be able to purchase the compliment to the IICE?

Thanks...
It's only been 2 years, 5 months and 3 days since the first announcement. Still, a good question though.

Here's another: Are the IICE Air, IICE Cool and IICE Smooth running on any bike anywhere?

Ever since post #146 I've wondered how they might all work together in the real world.
Old 04-21-2013, 04:14 PM   #3309
Wallowa
Beastly Adventurer

Laugh OK, MY Perspective...How Lucky We Are....Speak Up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Wanderer View Post
It's only been 2 years, 5 months and 3 days since the first announcement. Still, a good question though.

Here's another: Are the IICE Air, IICE Cool and IICE Smooth running on any bike anywhere?

Ever since post #146 I've wondered how they might all work together in the real world.
Look, I love the IICE Air on my '07 GSA...my riding is 100% off road and this device makes my riding so much more controlled. Fewer drops and less drama; just better throttle control where I need it, at slow speeds in the loose and rolling stuff...it has made my riding more fun and safer; a bonus is that I can dial in richer mixtures and protect my motor in high heat/lugging stretches ...this leads me to "now".

I believe a lot of us take PS's and JJ's accomplishments for granted.

They have created something that neither BMW or any other person engineered and offered for our bikes. I had a Booster Plug; a good device, but the IICE Air is superior at many levels. Others may copy the IICE Air or try to voodoo together a "Mojo Device" that tries to emulate the IICE Air but they have fallen far short despite their grandiose claims and proclamations. PS nailed it from theory to application.

The Smooth and Cool conceptually, and I do not doubt in fact, would add to the performance and capability of our BMWs...I am all for that. My repeated prodding for production of these two devices is not done to demean or lessen what PS and JJ have delivered to us thus far: The IICE Air.

I can wait for the Smooth and Cool until hell freezes over if need be and still have a big shit eatin' grin riding my GSA with the IICE Air.

In short all of us on ADVrider who want the Smooth and Cool to become a reality need to support PS and JJ in their development and production of them.

I am happy as a clam at high tide with their existing product and can't wait, well actually I can, for what is coming next!

Let them know that you also support them.

I will order up two Smooths and two Cools when they become available, just like I did the IICE Air. Life is way too short to not go first class!

HW...forgot to clearly state that none of my comments were directed at you or generated from your post..it just got me thinking in the context of the bigger picture and I wanted to put a voice to what was rattling around in my head.

Wallowa screwed with this post 04-22-2013 at 01:35 PM
Old 04-21-2013, 05:09 PM   #3310
slowoldguy
Tire Tester

Oddometer: 8,120
Hotrodding the GS

Yeah. Yeah. Nice try, dickhead. I'm still first in line. Jeez.

Well, said. (In fact, very well said.)

slowoldguy screwed with this post 04-21-2013 at 07:05 PM
Old 04-22-2013, 06:48 AM   #3311
Wallowa
Beastly Adventurer

Talking Ain't In No Hurry...

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowoldguy View Post
Yeah. Yeah. Nice try, dickhead. I'm still first in line. Jeez.

Well, said. (In fact, very well said.)
Hey, if you are in fact a SOG [just cuz we are 'seasoned' does not make us slow] ....Hmmmmm, I have knives from that company...well then, that makes two SOGs looking forward to the next generation of goodies!

Ps...Very sad about West.
Old 04-22-2013, 10:20 AM   #3312
slowoldguy
Tire Tester

Oddometer: 8,120
Yup. Sucks.

And as to whether or not I'm "slow"....the fast guys think I am. Slow guys? Not so much. ;)
Old 04-22-2013, 11:11 AM   #3313
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Quote:

Look, I love the IICE Air on my '07 GSA...
Well Phil (Wallowa), you certainly are enthusiastic. I'll give you that. I appreciate the complements, deserving or otherwise. 

IICE Air Hotrod your GS  Fuel Injection  Tech Info  Buy  Order List  Installation
Old 04-22-2013, 01:02 PM   #3314
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Wanderer View Post

Are the IICE Air, IICE Cool and IICE Smooth running on any bike anywhere?
Yes. There are several IICE Cools out there. JJ has a non-retail version say on his bike. Non-retail meaning it isn't as dressed up as the finished version would be. And not dressed up might be an understatement, heh heh.

The Smooth is working like a champ in testing. There are a range of parameters for the Smooth that JJ and I have discussed, and I'll need to evaluate them. That requires more elaborate test equipment beyond simple diagnostic tools. Other than bracketing the performance range of the data acquisition platform I haven't finished the instrumentation needed for that evaluation.

I haven't finished the instrumentation because the available time is rightly devoted to the IICE Air right now.

The answer to your question of 'How will they all work together?' will have to be the subject of another more detailed post

Old 04-22-2013, 05:51 PM   #3315
CanoeMoon
CanoeMoon

Oddometer: 15
Big Grin GS

How fantastic... there are prototypes out there...?

The IICE Air works so well, just it being in the post makes me have a huge grin whenever i ride my 1100GS.

I know .... i know.... how much better will it run when i actually do fit the Air??
Closed Thread