ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West – California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-2013, 04:06 PM   #16
AlsoRan
Lone Trail Of Dust

Oddometer: 386
Will be going again this year and probably will break it up into two half days. Last year was great - perfect weather, but like others have said the supplies are limited. Bring water and a snack. Also, there are some trees for shade but a good portion of the event is in the sun so would suggest bringing sunscreen and hats. Otherwise a fun event.
Old 05-04-2013, 05:37 PM   #17
a41capt
Adventurer

Oddometer: 69
Overland Expo

On your way to the Expo?

Stop by my fire station in Munds Park on your way across the 240 Road to Mormon Lake (right next to the Country Club east of the freeway) and I'll hand out Forest Service road maps as long as I have 'em. They've had some road closures and this map shows where you can and can't ride.

Most of us at the station are ADV riders and always looking to talk bikes and hand out info regarding good rides in the area. I should be there all week, including Friday (heading over to Mormon Lake after work), but the boys will know where the maps are if I'm out of the office.

Last year we had a blast just standing out front watching all the riders go by, this year, why not stop in and say Hi?

John W.

Theodore Roosevelt
May 13, 1903
Molon Labe!

a41capt screwed with this post 05-04-2013 at 05:38 PM Reason: added additional info
a41capt is online now   Reply With Quote