User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-2013, 07:49 PM   #196
pacman1 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,136
Sat by turn 1 on the grass.

Food prices were crazy, as expected, so I was prepared for that. Cash parking was very poorly marked, and it sucked for us parking there since we have to walk all the way Lot L to the main plaza to get to the ONLY TICKET WINDOW in the whole place. Poor planning on my part. I should have bought a parking pass in advance.

The track is spectacular!

Getting out wasn't bad, but traffic on I35 conspired against us all the way back to DFW. The normal 2.5 hour drive took us 4 hours. Screw you, I35 construction.
Burleson, Texas

pacman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 04:10 AM   #197
tat2
where's ya too?

Oddometer: 104
We were @ Turn 15, section 21. We had great time. Parking was fine ezcept for friday. We had lot G passes, however they stuck us out in M when G and F were closed. Not knowing why was the issue since there was no signage, but once we found out why (too muddy from rain) we were fine. Leaving sunday was fine since we waited after the rookie cup.

I liked you could bring as much sealed water with you as you could carry, but as mentioned more water fountains are needed. We walked all around and took in views from different areas during practices and found many great views.

Our biggest peeve was the timing. The on screen only updated once per lap when they crossed the line. The towers were even slower.
Old 04-22-2013, 09:16 AM   #198
WeazyBuddha
Carbon-Based Humanoid

Oddometer: 4,571
I was on the grass on turn 1 and my biggest complaint was the stupid loud music from the Red Bull reception area, nothing but silence, crowd noises, and sweet motos would have been much better.
Old 04-22-2013, 11:55 AM   #199
Zeekster
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 686
Great race,great venue...one Question for me is; Camping any info would be appreciated...I'm 69 yo to young to hit the motels yet!...Thanks
The only time you have too much fuel...is when yer on fire...Mario Andretti
Zeekster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 12:06 PM   #200
Pantah
Patriot Nation?

Oddometer: 10,116
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeazyBuddha View Post
I was on the grass on turn 1 and my biggest complaint was the stupid loud music from the Red Bull reception area, nothing but silence, crowd noises, and sweet motos would have been much better.
Yeah, those Red Bull people are obnoxious. 2005 they had that blaring going on right through the Laguna Seca National Anthem. Sorry to read they are still obnoxious.
Pantah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 12:55 PM   #201
stevie88
That's gotta hurt

Oddometer: 18,247
The vendors area was pretty small. I went to the Arai tent to look a helmets. I told them i currently have an X12 Shoei that fits well and wanted to know what Arai would compare to it in features and fit. Well the head guy there looked at me like I'd just told him I have a raging case of herpes and head lice that just won't quit. He wanted $35 to do a "fitting".

I'll stick with Shoei or maybe give Bell a try.
Old 04-22-2013, 01:50 PM   #202
ErikY.
Here, Now.

Oddometer: 2,383
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantah View Post
Yeah, those Red Bull people are obnoxious. 2005 they had that blaring going on right through the Laguna Seca National Anthem. Sorry to read they are still obnoxious.
Probably because they're all drinking that meth/piss they sell!
I'm happy for all the sponsorship though, and I did try it once.
ErikY. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 03:58 PM   #203
KHVol
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Head View Post
I made that mistake too.

Once.

Food poisoning, a t-shirt and pin.
Yep....my son got food poisoning at Laguna during our Father and Son trip...will not be back.. beautiful venue but not worth the problems.
Old 04-22-2013, 04:53 PM   #204
toddler
Unpronouncible

Oddometer: 2,721
Quote:
Originally Posted by tat2 View Post
We were @ Turn 15, section 21. We had great time. Parking was fine ezcept for friday. We had lot G passes, however they stuck us out in M when G and F were closed. Not knowing why was the issue since there was no signage, but once we found out why (too muddy from rain) we were fine. Leaving sunday was fine since we waited after the rookie cup.

I liked you could bring as much sealed water with you as you could carry, but as mentioned more water fountains are needed. We walked all around and took in views from different areas during practices and found many great views.

Our biggest peeve was the timing. The on screen only updated once per lap when they crossed the line. The towers were even slower.
Lot G was only closed on Friday. You could park there on Sat/Sun. We did.

Really nice track, but not so good for spectating, but that is what you get for a safe track. You are really far from the track at pretty much all locations. It kinda sucked they kept you from the track part where they were doing over 200mph. They left that area to the big motorhome folks. Some stands or a way to get to the inside of the track at that point would be welcome.

I gotta say the motoGP bikes are more boring to watch than I expected. Nothing like they used to be. I've not paid any attention to motoGP for over 15 years. I guess the fancy electronics are to blame. Oh well. They sure do haul some ass.

It was fun, but not exciting to watch. They got to get rid of the electronic nannies IMO.
toddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 06:45 PM   #205
FotoTEX
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,719
I, for one wonder if all the grumbling is because their state does not host a MotoGP like Texas now has. I loved the venue and there were some issues, but folks this is the FIRST time at this track, They will learn and rectify whatever perceived problems some folks have. Then again, you cannot please all the people all the time.

My cowboy hat off to COTA. A job well done.
FotoTEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 08:10 PM   #206
fritzcoinc
Enjoying my last V8

Oddometer: 6,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by fototex View Post
i, for one wonder if all the grumbling is because their state does not host a motogp like texas now has. I loved the venue and there were some issues, but folks this is the first time at this track, they will learn and rectify whatever perceived problems some folks have. Then again, you cannot please all the people all the time.

My cowboy hat off to cota. A job well done.
+1

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showpost.php?p=21245222&postcount=57877
86 Husky 400 XCE, 00 Husky Te 610 e, 1999 Husky TC610 SM, 2000 Cagiva GC; Google: TX7
fritzcoinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 12:33 AM   #207
RichBeBe
All Hail Seitan!!!

Oddometer: 6,145
I have been to a lot of tracks and I was impressed with everything. We camped across the street from the track, so no issues with traffic or parking so i cannot comment on that.
But security was lax in terms of bag checks so no problem with food. Ate a little at the track, and it was reasonably priced. Walked the entire circuit different days and sessions and watched from turn one. Decent views a fair amount of the circuit.
I have nothing to complain about other than flight issues and that is not COTAS's fault.
Old 04-23-2013, 09:47 AM   #208
swimmer
armchair asshole

Oddometer: 4,349
Quote:
Originally Posted by FotoTEX View Post
I, for one wonder if all the grumbling is because their state does not host a MotoGP like Texas now has. .
Damn, I really tend to think people who have complaints aren't suffering from the childish insecurities that you suggest. I've not heard a chorus of complaints beyond what you hear about every race. Nothing is perfect. Wish I could have been there.
swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 10:03 AM   #209
Jim Moore
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 13,059
You naysayers are fucking nuts. That was an awesome event. Beautiful track. Fantastic facilities, Friendly staff. Unobtrusive law enforcement. The entire operation kicked total ass.

Shocked by beer prices? Are you kidding? Ever been to a concert? Ever been to a ball game? Sorry you can't get shitfaced for $9 like you can in your mom's basement, but that's how it goes.

As a note, heading south on FM 812 as suggested in the thread, we were moving free of traffic 30 minutes after the race ended.

Pay the lady, PirateJohn, you thieving piece of garbage.
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=949341
Jim Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 10:47 AM   #210
bk brkr baker
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,471
Yeah, I went , had a blast, refused to overpay for drinks or food at the track , got by on my carried in water and some tomales from a vendor.
As has been said the track is awesome and I rarely use the word. I expected some carnage at Turn One , it just looked like trouble to me, glad it didn't hang up the racers.
I agree that not all was perfect , it never is.
My buddy and I tend to see opportunities where others see problems.
Such as almost none of the parking people had radios. We buzzed by the guy at the entrance to Tunnel 2 to get into the interior parking in the Honda lot where we parked all 3 days having never spent a dime on parking. We also availed ourselves of some fine seats in the Honda Grandstand for the Moto 2 and Moto GP races by the head-down and move with cover method. In fact for all 3 days I never had a ticket ripped or even asked to show.
Don't try these methods yourself, results may vary.
bk brkr baker is online now   Reply With Quote