Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-19-2013, 03:23 PM   #1711
JMo (& piglet) OP
Dakar Dazed

Oddometer: 3,462
Well I trust everyone here has migrated over to the new project thread:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=858442

But I thought I'd just pop a photo or two up here of my WR that I finally got to ride this evening, 1st time since the crash and only 27 months after it last moved under it's own steam!

To be honest, it's been running for a while now, it was only this evening I finally got round to fitting a new chain... I took it out under cover of darkness as I wanted to test the new LED lights too:

They really are excellent, and only draw 10w a piece!

I'll post a few more photos up once the tanks are all fully plumbed in - I have to say it really does look fantastic with the new (design) fairing fitted!

Toot toot!

Jenny xx
JMo (& piglet) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 06:56 AM   #1712
JMo (& piglet) OP
Dakar Dazed

A few photos from my first proper test-ride since the rebuild...

I did about 50 or 60 miles yesterday (currently only the centre 5L 'reserve' tank is plumbed in) including a good blast across the top of Salisbury Plain and a couple of other 'suitable' trails where I could open the throttle a little...

I have to say I'd forgotten quite how AWESOME this bike is! It can be scary fast if you want it to be, and at the same time Martin (at Torque Racing) has done a fantastic job servicing the forks - it felt so planted on loose gravel and rough pot-holed tracks...

I might have to refit all my nav gear and get this enter it in a rally or two before I HAVE to sell it...

Jx
Old 04-22-2013, 11:25 AM   #1713
charapa
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 399
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMo (& piglet) View Post
A few photos from my first proper test-ride since the rebuild...

I did about 50 or 60 miles yesterday (currently only the centre 5L 'reserve' tank is plumbed in) including a good blast across the top of Salisbury Plain and a couple of other 'suitable' trails where I could open the throttle a little...

I have to say I'd forgotten quite how AWESOME this bike is! It can be scary fast if you want it to be, and at the same time Martin (at Torque Racing) has done a fantastic job servicing the forks - it felt so planted on loose gravel and rough pot-holed tracks...

I might have to refit all my nav gear and get this enter it in a rally or two before I HAVE to sell it...

Jx
She's beautiful! Even unpainted.

"Those friends thou hast... and their adoption tried... grapple them to thy soul with hoops of steel. But do not dull thy palm with entertainment of each new-hatch'd, unfledg'd comrade...." Polonius in Hamlet
charapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 05:08 PM   #1714
JMo (& piglet) OP
Dakar Dazed

The end of an era, and at the same time, trying to keep the dream alive...

I've split my 2011 Dakar bike after all - the JVO rally kit has gone to an inmate here, while the Talon rally wheels have also been sold.

Essentially what I'm left with is an excellent condition, low mileage (comparatively - 8000kms/5000miles) stock 2010 UK road-registered WR450F, with some nice upgraded parts...

Full ad here in the flea market:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...2#post23515472

Do remember this bike is based in the UK - although I am happy to transport it to a UK port and/or prep it for shipping at the buyers expense.

Go on, it's a unique piece of Dakar history!

Jx
Old 02-21-2014, 05:34 AM   #1715
drc42
Rally Dreamer

Oddometer: 1,829
Quote:
The end of an era, and at the same time, trying to keep the dream alive...

I've split my 2011 Dakar bike after all - the JVO rally kit has gone to an inmate here...
and that inmate is eager to get it installed on his WR but work and the fact he is doing Sandblast Rally next week (where a rally kit really isn't needed) is in the way of tearing into the bike.

Love the fact that the bike has done Dakar and a lap of the TT track. That is cool

So, when it did the TT track was that with the JVO kit I bought?
Old 02-21-2014, 07:11 AM   #1716
JMo (& piglet) OP
Dakar Dazed

Quote:
Originally Posted by drc42 View Post
and that inmate is eager to get it installed on his WR but work and the fact he is doing Sandblast Rally next week (where a rally kit really isn't needed) is in the way of tearing into the bike.

Love the fact that the bike has done Dakar and a lap of the TT track. That is cool

So, when it did the TT track was that with the JVO kit I bought?
It certainly was!

Here it is (on the left) at Peel Harbour on a day off (from watching the racing):

And here we all were parked in a garden, about 10 feet from the race track - I was sitting on the wall alongside the road at the time, at about mile marker 12 at Barregarrow...

...at this point they are coming past at about 165+mph, having just crested at the beginning of the straight - an awesome viewing point!

Jx

JMo (& piglet) screwed with this post 02-27-2014 at 02:41 AM
Old 02-26-2014, 11:53 PM   #1717
solitary1
Adventurer

Oddometer: 23
the new owner of the talon wheels is an inmate too i havn"t fitted them yet but ive looked up on TT and it seems it is only yz450f"s from 2009 onwards that went up to a 25mm rear axle,so the wheels should fit right in
solitary1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 02:39 AM   #1718
JMo (& piglet) OP
Dakar Dazed

Quote:
Originally Posted by solitary1 View Post
the new owner of the talon wheels is an inmate too i havn"t fitted them yet but ive looked up on TT and it seems it is only yz450f"s from 2009 onwards that went up to a 25mm rear axle,so the wheels should fit right in
Excellent news!

As we discussed at the time, I had a feeling that the WR wheels were all the same dimensions - I know Tony (Shatttat on here) had the steel-framed WR as a rally bike - he'd probably be able to confirm if the rear wheels are interchangeable between the pre (steel) and post 2007 (alloy) WRs too...

Looking forward to seeing that refurbished bike!

Jx

JMo (& piglet) screwed with this post 02-27-2014 at 10:18 AM
Old 02-27-2014, 06:43 AM   #1719
wilkinsonk
Riff Raff

Oddometer: 647
Quote:
Excellent news!

As we discussed at the time, I had a feeling that the WR wheels were all the same dimensions - I know Tony (Shatttat on here) had the steel-framed WR as a really bike - he'd probably be able to confirm if the rear wheels are interchangeable between the pre (steel) and post 2007 (alloy) WRs too...

Looking forward to seeing that refurbished bike!

Jx
AFAIK, steel and aluminum frame WRs have 22mm axles, so did the YZ until 2009 when it went up in size. I have extra sets of wheels from a steel frame WR and are the same as my "newer" 2007 model save for the older style brake rotor.

- Cheers
wilkinsonk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 10:15 AM   #1720
JMo (& piglet) OP
Dakar Dazed

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilkinsonk View Post
AFAIK, steel and aluminum frame WRs have 22mm axles, so did the YZ until 2009 when it went up in size. I have extra sets of wheels from a steel frame WR and are the same as my "newer" 2007 model save for the older style brake rotor.

- Cheers
Sweet! Thanks for confirming!

Jx