Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-14-2013, 08:34 PM   #271
Prior
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 412
Order placed... Looking forward to trying them out.

Prior
Prior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 01:53 PM   #272
velocitygear OP
safety =~SPEED

Oddometer: 659
on their way..

Hello Prior-

Your pair is being shipped from my SoCal rep, BlackTopMotoCafe..

In addition, he has about 5 pairs left of the XL Formula and 1 more Large.... in case anyone is interested:

http://www.highvelocitygear.com/ADVRider-formula.html

Motorcycle Gloves
www.highvelocitygear.com
velocitygear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 04:32 PM   #273
Prior
Gnarly Adventurer

Awesome. If these are tue to the reviews ive read, I might pick up the other large. I'm somehow hard on gloves- not from crashing but just from wear. I commute nearly every day, and come Christmas time, my gloves, no matter if held, lee parks, alpinestars, Aerostich etc. I've got a hole worn through. So I am a pair a year guy. Hoping these are as robust as I've read and they certainly sound crash worthy!

Prior
Old 04-16-2013, 06:54 PM   #274
ssevy
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 851
Are all of the XLs in this batch as small as the ones I got? Is it possible that the size L might be truer to size and actually larger? My exhibition pros in L are absolutely perfect, but maybe the difference in design of the gloves might account for the difference? Help!
ssevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 09:46 PM   #275
velocitygear OP
safety =~SPEED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssevy View Post
Are all of the XLs in this batch as small as the ones I got? Is it possible that the size L might be truer to size and actually larger? My exhibition pros in L are absolutely perfect, but maybe the difference in design of the gloves might account for the difference? Help!
The Exhibition Pro's were smaller throughout; not by intention of course. The design should not change the sizing....in theory..

I have moved all production of our products to new facilities. Body armor and gloves are both being made by new suppliers, in the case of gloves the supplier in question has shown a tremendous ability to provide glove quality and attributes that make one take notice.

As usual though, I have to take baby steps as I am unwilling to throw money out the window. I hope to have some of these new gloves by June and body armor within a few weeks.

I still have some pairs of the Formula in XL; need an exchange?

Motorcycle Gloves
www.highvelocitygear.com
Old 04-19-2013, 04:41 AM   #276
ssevy
Studly Adventurer

That would be great if you think there would be some variation and you might have a pair that fit looser. What return address would you like me to use?
Old 04-22-2013, 02:03 PM   #277
velocitygear OP
safety =~SPEED

sent

PM sent...

Motorcycle Gloves
www.highvelocitygear.com
Old 04-22-2013, 03:39 PM   #278
Prior
Gnarly Adventurer

Just got my gloves today. They look great, fantastic armor and detail. My large are a little on the small side too, and I often times wear mediums- do you have any XLS left that I could try?
Old 04-22-2013, 04:24 PM   #279
velocitygear OP
safety =~SPEED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prior View Post
Just got my gloves today. They look great, fantastic armor and detail. My large are a little on the small side too, and I often times wear mediums- do you have any XLS left that I could try?
Hello,

Sure do... I actually have someone looking for a Large as well, did you want to swap them or purchase both and return whichever you didn't want to keep?

Motorcycle Gloves
www.highvelocitygear.com
Old 04-22-2013, 04:45 PM   #280
Prior
Gnarly Adventurer

What's easiest and most cost effective? I have no problems with ordering a new pair and sending back what doesn't work- I don't know how much these stretch as they break in, but these are far too tight.
Old 04-22-2013, 05:00 PM   #281
velocitygear OP
safety =~SPEED

swap

Hello,

Sounds like a simple swap would be the way to go...

Work for you?

Motorcycle Gloves
www.highvelocitygear.com
Old 04-22-2013, 05:04 PM   #282
Prior
Gnarly Adventurer

Fine by me. I'll get these in the mail tomorrow. When can you get the XLS sent out?
Old 04-22-2013, 08:08 PM   #283
velocitygear OP
safety =~SPEED

shipping

They'll go out tomorrow via USPS...

thanks again
jf

Motorcycle Gloves
www.highvelocitygear.com
Old 05-05-2013, 05:41 PM   #284
ssevy
Studly Adventurer

Thanks for the swap!

The larger gloves which you exchanged for me arrived lickity-split, and they broke in nicely today on a 150 mile ride. I have a few comments to share:

1- The wing-shaped end on the wrist strap keeps it from pulling out of the metal roller, something my Exhibition Pros do that can be frustrating. Kudos for a really simple and effective solution to that annoyance.

2- The range of adjustment on the cuff itself is great, and I can snug it up enough to go under the sleeves on my Motoport jacket without creating an uncomfortable bulge. Jackets with less material should be easy to tuck into your cuffs with no problem as well.

3- The extra length on the cuffs does not interfere with my wrists at all, and they soon should be as comfortable as my Exhibition Pros, which are perfectly comfortable and get worn for 10 hour days often.

4- I think the Formulas flow less air than the E. Pros, and are a good choice for Spring/Fall. Today's ride was in the mid-seventies, and my hands were just fine. High 90's? We'll see...

5- I have Fin Q grips, and I notice that I sometimes blip the throttle when reaching for the brake because of the thickness of the Knox palm sliders. Folks who use a crampbuster, etc., may need to reposition the angle of it when wearing these gloves.

6- The quality of construction appears to be excellent, and at this price your Formula gloves are a steal!

Thanks so much for turning my exchange around so quickly, and I am very glad that I waited out your rough period and now have two pairs of your gloves. They put everything else I have seen to shame in terms of protection and value.
Old 05-08-2013, 09:08 PM   #285
velocitygear OP
safety =~SPEED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssevy View Post
The larger gloves which you exchanged for me arrived lickity-split, and they broke in nicely today on a 150 mile ride. I have a few comments to share:

1- The wing-shaped end on the wrist strap keeps it from pulling out of the metal roller, something my Exhibition Pros do that can be frustrating. Kudos for a really simple and effective solution to that annoyance.

2- The range of adjustment on the cuff itself is great, and I can snug it up enough to go under the sleeves on my Motoport jacket without creating an uncomfortable bulge. Jackets with less material should be easy to tuck into your cuffs with no problem as well.

3- The extra length on the cuffs does not interfere with my wrists at all, and they soon should be as comfortable as my Exhibition Pros, which are perfectly comfortable and get worn for 10 hour days often.

4- I think the Formulas flow less air than the E. Pros, and are a good choice for Spring/Fall. Today's ride was in the mid-seventies, and my hands were just fine. High 90's? We'll see...

5- I have Fin Q grips, and I notice that I sometimes blip the throttle when reaching for the brake because of the thickness of the Knox palm sliders. Folks who use a crampbuster, etc., may need to reposition the angle of it when wearing these gloves.

6- The quality of construction appears to be excellent, and at this price your Formula gloves are a steal!

Thanks so much for turning my exchange around so quickly, and I am very glad that I waited out your rough period and now have two pairs of your gloves. They put everything else I have seen to shame in terms of protection and value.

Thank You SSEVY- I build my products for the riders NOT for profit. Product quality and integrity is my goal, not bottom line economics or the pursuit of world domination. Although, with the current degradation of the CE glove mark, I have little doubt that we build the strongest gloves on the planet and will continue to do so, while the Industry chases the downgraded glove CE mark! and claims CE passable achievement..

Our top tier gloves will ONLY conform to the original EN13594------------ ... STAMP IT ;)

Motorcycle Gloves
www.highvelocitygear.com