Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-19-2012, 04:12 PM   #31
Oldcow
Adventurer

Oddometer: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Rod View Post
Got a pic of this? I had a suede Renazco on a 640, and I loved it so much I thought I'd never own another seat that wasn't suede.
What was it about the suede that you liked so much? Thinking about one of these for my 500 KTM and never thought that I would consider suede given the fact that we ride in mud and water holes.
Oldcow
Oldcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 06:19 AM   #32
Keithert
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 593
I just put one on my XT225 and while it is wider than stock it really isn't more comfortable. That may be because it is new. Do the seat concepts seats take time to break in? Do they get a bit softer or at least formed to your rear?
Keithert is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 08:21 AM   #33
ADVBMR
Polygamotorcyclist

Oddometer: 831
Great Seat

I had mine put on before I picked up the bike.

Shipped from AK to CA on a Friday, seat was done Tuesday and back in AK by Saturday. These guys rock!
IBA #47244
2007 R1200GS; 2006 DL650 V-Strom; 2011 F800R; 2013 CRF250L; 1995 R1100GS (sold); 2006 Ducati Multistrada 620 dark (sold)
ADVBMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 11:26 AM   #34
Beezer
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,247
I am apparently the only guy in the world that screwed by them. I struggled to make one work on my GS & was told that I wasn't pulling it tight enough, even though I was pulling it hard enough to make the stitch holes stretch open. anyway, it was a very poor fit. I bad mouthed them from time to time on the net & eventually got a PM from one of the owners asking why. I told him the story & he said, oh yeah.... we unknowingly used a "low" seat for the pattern on that one, would you like another? sure I sez, no rush since it's middle of winter. thats the last I heard of that.... I pinged him a couple times but no response.... guess he lost interest in making it right, so fuck them

note also that almost every one of these I've seen has a wrinkle or two somewhere on the transition from the flat to the horn.
Beezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 01:41 PM   #35
biensur22
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezer View Post
I am apparently the only guy in the world that screwed by them. I struggled to make one work on my GS & was told that I wasn't pulling it tight enough, even though I was pulling it hard enough to make the stitch holes stretch open. anyway, it was a very poor fit. I bad mouthed them from time to time on the net & eventually got a PM from one of the owners asking why. I told him the story & he said, oh yeah.... we unknowingly used a "low" seat for the pattern on that one, would you like another? sure I sez, no rush since it's middle of winter. thats the last I heard of that.... I pinged him a couple times but no response.... guess he lost interest in making it right, so fuck them

note also that almost every one of these I've seen has a wrinkle or two somewhere on the transition from the flat to the horn.
You should just give them a call, i'm sure they'll clear it up. Robert and Lendon are good guys, they just have a lot of business.

I'll admit i'm a little less than ecstatic about mine, the transition from flat to horn slopes downward too far and as a result i spend a lot of time sliding onto my balls. That said, my seat is unusual and i popped in on them on a friday afternoon and they still suited me up within an hour. Both Robert and Lendon were helpful and friendly, and said if I had any issues I should give them a call. I just haven't called them yet, and that's on me. Meanwhile, it's still an enormous improvement over stock and totally worth the time/money.
biensur22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 03:10 PM   #36
Foot dragger
singletracker

Oddometer: 12,287
Quote:

Call them on the phone,they will make it right,dont be so sure they dont want to help,they're working 7 days a week building seats.
(Ive installed 4 with no seat experience prior,no wrinkles what so ever,its easy if you follow instructions)
Old 04-23-2013, 03:15 PM   #37
Oldcow
Adventurer

Oddometer: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keithert View Post
I just put one on my XT225 and while it is wider than stock it really isn't more comfortable. That may be because it is new. Do the seat concepts seats take time to break in? Do they get a bit softer or at least formed to your rear?
I have the same conclusion on a KTM 500. I may call them and get the tall version. The seat on my 2005 450 is much more comfortable but is a different shape. The quality of the product is very good.
Oldcow
Oldcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 06:47 PM   #38
mxbundy
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 851
Quote:

You know I did drop the ball on this one, I am sorry, all I can say.
But if you want to be a jackass, I assure you I can out jackass you any day of the week.
Now that being said, I will send you the new seat if you want it.
You can call me at 951-741-0722 if you would like to discuss.

Bundy

Check out http://seatconcepts.com/ , your ass will appreciate it!
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=621311
mxbundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 07:53 PM   #39
mcma111
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 10,636
Boy oh boy is that a conciliatory message if I ever heard one.

BMW's
58 R26
79 R100s
91 R100gs

87 Harley FXRS-SP ~ 06 KTM 625 SMC ~ 72 Honda CB750/915cc ~ 92 XR600/654cc ~ 95 XR650l/675cc ~ 03 CRF450r ~ 05 CRF450x ~ 02 XR650l/675cc ~ 86 YZ490 ~ 93 YZ80 ~ 93 XR650l Project
mcma111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 08:33 PM   #40
dep411
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 150
I recently bought a complete seat and love it. My butt doesn't get all numb on long rides anymore on the 690
dep411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 09:38 PM   #41
Beezer
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,247
there ya go.... new seat parts arrived last week... all it took was 6 months. NO NEED TO CALL ME NAMES THOUGH.... and, I doubt you can out jackass me... I'm older & I expect far more experienced (got training too)
Beezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 12:20 AM   #42
Tripl Nikl
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,358
Grumpy in, grumpy out. New parts in hand...

Can we all be friends now?
Tripl Nikl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 04:13 PM   #43
clax
Adventurer

Oddometer: 88
nice install

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bultaco206 View Post
Just installed mine today on my KLX. Great product, easy install, excellent service. Shakedown ride tomorrow.

Nice work!!! Any install tips? What fabric do you have there...gripper, carbon??

Thanx
Clay
Old 09-24-2013, 06:23 PM   #44
mrphotoman
Banned

Oddometer: 1,030
Quote:

I found them to be dirtbags, they are a "fair weather" business in my opinion, their "customer service" is great as long as you never need it .

Also, the "high quality" foam in my seat dried out and crumbles like parmesan cheese after a few months of owning it.
mrphotoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 06:07 PM   #45
arit
con·scious

Oddometer: 10
Interesting thread

I am trying to decide if I want to shell out the money for a new seat. My Dakar came with the worst seat I've ever sat on. Low, hard, abbrassive on my private parts. So I decided to try to do one myself.
I cut foam in the correct shape and put over the original foam, eliminating the 'dip' altogether.
I used a specific vinyl which is more "gripping" than original. Glued all with spray glue.

The problem came when I wanted to staple.
My T20 manual stapler couldn't penetrate the plastic. So I bougth the biggest one: the T50.
The T50 manual stapler couldn't also penetrate the plastic, so I bought an electric stapler, as I don't have a compressor.
The electric one couldn't also penetrate the plastic!
So I got stuck.
Ended up stapling it with 150 size 4 screws, the tiny ones. Seems to hold.

The result is the picture below.
Cosmethically is not as nice as the seat concepts one, and if I end up ordering a seat concepts it will be for this reason.

But the height, firmness and grip problems are solved. I am much more comfy in the bike now.

Additionally, a question: If I get the seat concepts one, will my "150 tiny screws" solution work?

arit is offline   Reply With Quote