Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2013, 11:53 AM   #16
sub5pac3
n00b

Oddometer: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by road_apple View Post
It's NORMAL, don't worry. They all stick up a little bit. Been there and I took the case off to see that it is NORMAL when it first happened to me. If it's in wrong it will be stuck and not move unless you force it and break it off. Now go ride and don't worry. Really you guys...
Thank you. It seems a little weird that they all stick up by various amounts -- not sure why, maybe slight differences in design each year(?). I have put several hundred miles on since I noticed this and it seems to be just fine, so I will not worry and will just continue to ride. I really appreciate the feedback as this is my first KLR and I have no idea what the normal condition is for many of the components.
sub5pac3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 09:30 PM   #17
BergieZA
Adventurer

Oddometer: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by sub5pac3 View Post
Thank you. It seems a little weird that they all stick up by various amounts -- not sure why, maybe slight differences in design each year(?). I have put several hundred miles on since I noticed this and it seems to be just fine, so I will not worry and will just continue to ride. I really appreciate the feedback as this is my first KLR and I have no idea what the normal condition is for many of the components.
I agree that it is not causing any problems, it is however strange that the position changed. (The engine was out of the frame, and upside down)
AFAIK the clutch main center line shaft should not have shifted, and the lever obviously didn't get any longer.
BergieZA is offline   Reply With Quote