Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-11-2013, 11:52 PM   #1
damasovi OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,624
New Supercub 110!

Hi there,

for 2013 Honda has re-release the supercub 110 in Mexico after it had been gone for 2-4 years, how ever this time it comes with wait for it... FI! I know some will say it is a step back, how ever other will like it.

http://www.honda.mx/motos/supercub110/ and a better one (mini site) here:
http://www.honda.mx/motos/supercub110/minisitio/

today I saw it in person and it is not your average delivery scooter, Honda Mexico has it mark for delivery or work but first, it is on the expensive side, close to $27,000 pesos, when a cargo (that goes faster, bigger gas can and such) cost like 22, and all other scooters cost less than 22 K there is also the Wave that cost $15k!!! BUT in exchange for the hi price you do get FI, a very nice and comfortable seat

it come with 8 hp 110 cc and with electric and kick start, as well as a gas gauge. The dash is nice and has 4 speeds, still semi automatic

Santa are you there?

Damasovi
Old 04-12-2013, 05:19 PM   #2
YamaGeek
Ancient trailbike padwan

Oddometer: 6,093
Actually the Cargo150 looks like it has potential to be a fair small sized adventure bike, why can't Honda sell these here in the U.S.?

YamaGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 05:27 PM   #3
JerryH
Banned

Oddometer: 5,069
Quote:
Originally Posted by damasovi View Post
Hi there,

for 2013 Honda has re-release the supercub 110 in Mexico after it had been gone for 2-4 years, how ever this time it comes with wait for it... FI! I know some will say it is a step back, how ever other will like it.

today I saw it in person and it is not your average delivery scooter, Honda Mexico has it mark for delivery or work but first, it is on the expensive side, close to $27,000 pesos, when a cargo (that goes faster, bigger gas can and such) cost like 22, and all other scooters cost less than 22 K there is also the Wave that cost $15k!!! BUT in exchange for the hi price you do get FI, a very nice and comfortable seat

it come with 8 hp 110 cc and with electric and kick start, as well as a gas gauge. The dash is nice and has 4 speeds, still semi automatic

Santa are you there?

Damasovi

That's really nice, but I prefer the original, like the early '80s Passport in the U.S. We have the SYM Symba, which comes pretty close, but I don't think it makes 8 hp. I would have to buy the expensive one piece seat in order to ride it, I'm to tall to sit on that little front seat it comes with, I wind up sitting on the metal bar between the two seats.
JerryH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 06:36 PM   #4
damasovi OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by YamaGeek View Post
Actually the Cargo150 looks like it has potential to be a fair small sized adventure bike, why can't Honda sell these here in the U.S.?
that cargo 150 is a nice looking one in deed. Why not the USA? how many could they sell when 650 are consider small and with no power? EPA and DOT aside (you can always fix that) "real bikes" start at 80 hp? or was it 100?

I sure wish they where available up there, so the after market would develop, not much down here.

AH! JerryH, yes that is not a bike for you at what 6"+? they were made for us the short(er) people.

I am thinking that if I can't have 2 small scooter I could sell my beat to a compadre and buy this one, I just would need a test drive to make sure the drum brakes DO work and why not see the top speed or the cruising speed... and then the farkling would begin !!

Damasovi
Old 04-12-2013, 10:55 PM   #5
fullmetalscooter
Let me take this duck off

Oddometer: 2,770
Quote:
4 years ago when it was cargo 125 a 70 year old took one from Mexico to Brazil I believe. Great bike but same old same old we buy far to few bike and scooters to make it worth it for them to spend the cash to bring it here. 2200 Canadian for a new one isn't to bad of price cheaper then the SYM copy.
Old 04-12-2013, 11:09 PM   #6
damasovi OP
Beastly Adventurer

that book is call OLD MAN ON A MOTORCYCLE (maybe), and I think we "only" did South America and something like 45,000 km!!! And yes it was a Honda Cargo 125

I will double check the name of the book

EDIT:
this is it, the name is Old Man on a bike by Simon Gandolfi and a review here
http://overlandmag.com/features/revi...man-on-a-bike/

Damasovi

damasovi screwed with this post 04-12-2013 at 11:26 PM
damasovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 05:43 AM   #7
JerryH
Banned

Several years ago, a Taiwanese company called TGB sold a 150cc cargo scooter in the U.S. It was intended as a delivery vehicle. It was ugly, but many people saw it's touring potential, and they sold quite a few. Then TGB just disappeared.

http://www.mojopowersportsinc.com/tg...scooters3.html

Scroll down.
Old 04-16-2013, 07:08 AM   #8
Forde
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 640
Tgb still selling new scooters in the UK they must have pulled of the usa or something
Old 04-23-2013, 03:04 PM   #9
Motovista
Parts is Parts

Oddometer: 507
Quote:
80,000 people will tell honda they want to buy one, and six of them actually will.
Old 06-22-2013, 02:51 AM   #10
Cat0020
El cheapo

Oddometer: 5,498
Cool2

BMS is making CT110 clones, at $1300-1700 I'm tempted to get one:

BMS bi-metro xlt 110

Old 06-22-2013, 11:52 AM   #11
JerryH
Banned

It looks nice, but at that price is probably junk. I had a Jialing Cub clone. Never made it to 1000 miles. The engine still ran, the rest of the bike fell apart from around it. Kickstarter broke, spokes broke in both wheels, swing arm fell off, 2 of the 4 motor mount bolts fell out, putting 2 much stress on the other 2, and cracked the frame, battery died, all the lights and horn quit working, one thing at a time. Speedometer cable broke. And the fuel line from the underseat tank to the carb wore through, draining the gas tank, and left me stranded.

I would love to see a Cub sold here that I fit on. I would really love to see a CT110, or better yet, a CT125 or CT150 sold here.
Old 06-22-2013, 12:04 PM   #12
Cat0020
El cheapo

Oddometer: 5,498
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryH View Post
It looks nice, but at that price is probably junk. I had a Jialing Cub clone. Never made it to 1000 miles. The engine still ran, the rest of the bike fell apart from around it. Kickstarter broke, spokes broke in both wheels, swing arm fell off, 2 of the 4 motor mount bolts fell out, putting 2 much stress on the other 2, and cracked the frame, battery died, all the lights and horn quit working, one thing at a time. Speedometer cable broke. And the fuel line from the underseat tank to the carb wore through, draining the gas tank, and left me stranded.

I would love to see a Cub sold here that I fit on. I would really love to see a CT110, or better yet, a CT125 or CT150 sold here.
Looks like someone didn't to the prep work before riding a brand new China scoot, or abused it by "putting too much stress", as you said it.

When you put too much stress on any machine, they all fail; why would you expect otherwise?
Old 02-27-2014, 10:23 AM   #13
KLR650Teach
Adventurer

Oddometer: 47
Quote:
Hi there,

Santa are you there?

Damasovi
Honda actually has a nice sale on now for the left over 2013 models for only 22,000 pesos here in Mexico. I'm a Canadian living in Mexico for the winter. I've wanted a SuperCub for years. Now I'm going down today to buy one, finally. If I can't have it in Canada, at least I can for six months of the year in Mexico.

These new FI Cubs are rated at 1.57 litres per 100 kilometres. That works out to 149 miles to the US gallon. Thats phenomenal fuel economy, plus there is no Cat converter and I'm told there is also no O2 sensor making future problems that much less of a concern.

I'm looking forward receiving my new SuperCub.
KLR650Teach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 04:14 PM   #14
KLR650Teach
Adventurer

Oddometer: 47
Quote:
Hi there,

Santa are you there?

Damasovi
Santa arrived at my house early this year. I'm a Canadian snowbird living in Mexico for the winter and I just bought the new/old 2013 Honda SuperCub 110 with FI. Really excited as I've wanted one of these for so long. I would rather have had the carburated model but the SuperCub has not been available in Mexico for a few years prior to 2013. So most of the Carb'd versions have been used as work bikes, delivery bikes etc and just had the shit run out of them. So I will give the FI model a go. Huge miles per gallon with the new FI models - 149 mp US gallon!
KLR650Teach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 04:52 PM   #15
DOUBLE-O G
Smooth Operator

Oddometer: 2,476
Alright, I am calling you out KLR650teach! I'm calling bullshit on whatever you're saying.

You profile hasn't been active for almost 5 years until last Summer and you just dug up this old thread out of nowhere.