ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Face plant
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-18-2011, 03:47 AM   #46
tserts
Praise San Irritrack
 
tserts's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Yunanistan (Stans baby!)
Oddometer: 2,549
Quote:
Originally Posted by dustyweasel View Post
I'm going to keep buying good gear and probably keep testing it.

Best gear for you:

__________________
BMW F 800 GS 2010 - My Brunhilde
New toys to brake!
Road Rush (Romania, Serbia)
Peloponnese Peninsula on two Africa Twins
9 countries in 15 days - Tserts.eu
tserts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 07:44 AM   #47
Honkylicious OP
Not really gay
 
Honkylicious's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Redneckistan, CSA
Oddometer: 838
Laugh Bounce Suit

[/QUOTE]
Where can you get this?
__________________
Many a man fails as an original thinker simply because his memory is too good.
Honkylicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 07:12 PM   #48
Honkylicious OP
Not really gay
 
Honkylicious's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Redneckistan, CSA
Oddometer: 838
Bluhduh 2 years later.......

Almost two years later, a lowside on the same road only a few miles apart. That was a few weeks ago, didn't even get sore! There's a lot to be said for good gear, on the other hand there is a lot to be said for knobbies . I put a T63 on the rear, and still running a TKC 80 on the front from a set I purchased last fall (front and rear). Still learning. And my ribs still hurt from time to time.
__________________
Many a man fails as an original thinker simply because his memory is too good.
Honkylicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 05:38 AM   #49
jimhaleyscomet
Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Oddometer: 94
Proficient Motorcycing

Have you read Proficient Motorcycling: The Ultimate Guide to Riding Well by David Hough? I don't think all the info on counter steering would help much but perhaps riding within sightline, lane positioning and delaying apex might help.

Just curious if his techniques could help or if your KLR's naps are more of a matter of statistics with with the amount of riding you seem to do.

I know those roads out of Brevard. Some of the best in the country except speed limit is kind of low near slippery rock. I like a parallel dirt road (perfect for the KLR) next to 215. I think it is called headwaters road / NF475B and Government Rd 475. At least the knobbies are off the pavement! Of course I ride it a bit slower due to the gravel and not wanting to crash when no one else is around. Still it is quite interesting / challenging even at the lower speeds I ride.
jimhaleyscomet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 03:19 PM   #50
DirtReeper
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: May 2011
Location: Southern Utah
Oddometer: 508
Glad youre ok. As for the KLR well its a KLR meh mirrors, fleabay $5-10 bucks I think, didnt damage that high dollar custom milk crate top box did ya?
__________________
KLR 650 KLaiRe, dirty red head
Quoth the Darth Peach: "Must work to afford Bikethings"
Quoth Dorzok, it's a BMW. just activate the levitation function that's part of the optional accessory outer space adventure package.
DirtReeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 03:05 AM   #51
Honkylicious OP
Not really gay
 
Honkylicious's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Redneckistan, CSA
Oddometer: 838
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtReeper View Post
Glad youre ok. As for the KLR well its a KLR meh mirrors, fleabay $5-10 bucks I think, didnt damage that high dollar custom milk crate top box did ya?

I ain't saved enough money for a milk crate yet.
__________________
Many a man fails as an original thinker simply because his memory is too good.
Honkylicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 03:15 AM   #52
Honkylicious OP
Not really gay
 
Honkylicious's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Redneckistan, CSA
Oddometer: 838
Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhaleyscomet View Post
Have you read Proficient Motorcycling: The Ultimate Guide to Riding Well by David Hough? I don't think all the info on counter steering would help much but perhaps riding within sightline, lane positioning and delaying apex might help.

Just curious if his techniques could help or if your KLR's naps are more of a matter of statistics with with the amount of riding you seem to do.

I know those roads out of Brevard. Some of the best in the country except speed limit is kind of low near slippery rock. I like a parallel dirt road (perfect for the KLR) next to 215. I think it is called headwaters road / NF475B and Government Rd 475. At least the knobbies are off the pavement! Of course I ride it a bit slower due to the gravel and not wanting to crash when no one else is around. Still it is quite interesting / challenging even at the lower speeds I ride.
I haven't read Proficient Motorcycling...yet... I think there may have been some ice in that corner where I low sided.
__________________
Many a man fails as an original thinker simply because his memory is too good.
Honkylicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 02:44 PM   #53
Jocassee
Petrolhead
 
Jocassee's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2010
Location: Souf Carolina
Oddometer: 329
I've ridden 215, it is a nice stretch of road and recently paved, but those fargin' decreasing radius bastard turns will surprise you.

(Side note, it is closer to Roswell than Brevard )

Keep on riding
__________________
Let me not then die ingloriously and without a struggle, but let me first do some great thing that shall be told among men hereafter. ~Homer
Jocassee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 01:44 PM   #54
DirtReeper
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: May 2011
Location: Southern Utah
Oddometer: 508
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honkylicious View Post
I ain't saved enough money for a milk crate yet.
Say WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG your poor KLR!!! Poor girl must be starved... thats it I'm calling P.E.T.K.





__________________
KLR 650 KLaiRe, dirty red head
Quoth the Darth Peach: "Must work to afford Bikethings"
Quoth Dorzok, it's a BMW. just activate the levitation function that's part of the optional accessory outer space adventure package.
DirtReeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 11:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014