Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Tejas and the Gulf States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-18-2013, 07:22 PM   #286
NateLePain
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,730
Good stuff, y'all. Thanks for posting the vids and pics. The videos of the Beautiful Road was great. A little late but there's a 2nd waterfall on the SE side of the Haw Creek Campground, about 100 yards up a little creek.

A few years back, my boy and I crossed Hurricane Creek and rode Beautiful Road, 2-up. It is one of my favorite roads in AR.

Looks like a great ride and a great crew.

nlp

10 Triumph St. Triple, '06 BMW F650GSA, '03 Honda XR70R, '03 Honda XR80R, '86 Honda TLR200 Reflex
NateLePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 07:32 PM   #287
scotty69 OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 903
Thanks everyone. I'm having trouble with video editing. I have not done any video work in some time and with my slow upload speeds I'm struggling. Rest well knowing I'm busy at it.... I did not take stills, darn it!
Old 04-18-2013, 09:13 PM   #288
OLEARY
Enlightened Voyager

Oddometer: 2,430
Quote:
Originally Posted by NateLePain View Post
Good stuff, y'all. Thanks for posting the vids and pics. The videos of the Beautiful Road was great. A little late but there's a 2nd waterfall on the SE side of the Haw Creek Campground, about 100 yards up a little creek.
I am glad you enjoyed the video's and pics Nate. It was a good time. Scotty did a great job of organizing things and keeping us well fed. I will have to check out the 2nd waterfall next time around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty69 View Post
Thanks everyone. I'm having trouble with video editing. I have not done any video work in some time and with my slow upload speeds I'm struggling. Rest well knowing I'm busy at it.... I did not take stills, darn it!
Scotty, if you get too annoyed with the whole process you can email the videos to me and I will get the links for you and email them back for you to post. I know how that slow uploading can be a real PITA! You will have to tell me what segments you want to save and share. Like ie. from 1:10 to 3:30 of video 1302.
Colorado/Moab 2012
Occasionally the tree of Liberty must be watered with the blood of Patriots and Tyrants.
OLEARY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 09:04 PM   #289
OLEARY
Enlightened Voyager

AR500 Day 3

I thought I would post the Day 3 photos and videos. I really thought that there would be more people posting photos and such but doesn't look like that is the case. Anyway like I said at the end of Day 2 it was dark when we finally got to Scottys place and I only live 45 minutes away and I was beat and didn't want to drag my tent out and set it up in the dark so I drove home and returned about 7:30 the next morning. There was only one group left that needed a leader so Scotty led that group and I rode sweep. Stopped in Eureka Springs and fueled up, then thru town and on to Holiday Island on Hwy 187. Crossed the Beaver Bridge which is pretty much a historical site. It is hard to see but if you look off to the right as we are crossing the bridge you can see the old M&NA Railroad Tressle. The train ran right thru Beaver on the other side of the bridge and crossed that portion of Table Rock Lake to the right. We will be riding the old RR bed once we leave the pavement all the way to Seligman.

Stopped along the road to Seligman for a quick break. This is part of the railroad bed.

Our feerless leader.

You can see from the video how raised the road is that we are riding on. A bit of history of NWA and SW Missouri. I rode the other end of this railroad bed a month or so ago over north of Shirley along the Middle Fork of the Little Red River.

Once we got to Seligman we rode down Hwy Dd which is always fun along the beginnings of the Big Sugar Creek.
Then along Mikes Creek to Powell where we crossed another old bridge. The Powell Bridge.

We passed a couple of the groups that had taken off ahead of us and we were kind of leapfrogging each other all day. This is one of the groups that we passed at the Powell Bridge. Rode down Creekside Road and turned on Hwy K and ended up at Havenhurst Falls for lunch just south of Pineville, Missouri. We ate at the Haven 5 I think it was overlooking the falls. First time to eat there and it was pretty kewl. Food was decent but the local was excellant.

This photo is taken off an outside deck just below the restaurant and the falls actuall flows right under this deck.

After lunch Burmbuster had to head for home. He had a long ride ahead all the way to Mobile, Alabama. 13 hours I think he said it took on the way up and he and a buddy rode straight thru. We actually had a couple of other fellas break off when we hit Hwy E just before the Powell Bridge cause they had to get home. We cut off some of the route over by Sulphur Springs cause it was slow going and we wanted to get back by 5 or so. We rode down the Sugar Creek road heading east and jumped on Hwy 62 thinking we would save some time with some slab and rand into a traffic jam with a wreck up ahead. Traffic was backed up as far as you could see just up the hill from the Brightwater Church. We turned around and took the dirt thru until we got on the other side of the accident and came out on Hwy 62 right where the accident happend. It looked like someone rear ended another car pretty good. Someone was injured and looked like they were laying in the back seat of the car that rear ended the other.

We took Hwy 62 and turned on the Dam Site Road. We stopped at a rest area before we crossed the dam and took a break. Here is a video of crossing Beaver Dam. It's not much but it is something.

Ran into the group of Brad, Donny, Earl, and a couple of other riders that I am not familiar at a cool spot along a rock outcropping.

We arrived at Turpentine Creek about 5 pm. I said my farewells, loaded the bike in my truck, and I was homeward bound. Scotty said we rode 533 miles over the three days. That is a lot of miles for this old boy. Sure had a great time and I have to hand it to Scotty, Tanya, and all of their crew for organizing a great event. Many thanks to them. Those two have a heart of gold. I made some new aquaintances and hopefully some new friends. I really enjoyed everyones company. Let's do it again next year.
Colorado/Moab 2012
Occasionally the tree of Liberty must be watered with the blood of Patriots and Tyrants.
Old 04-19-2013, 09:23 PM   #290
Dragon43
If you insist.

Oddometer: 5,895
Lookin good....
Old 04-20-2013, 07:28 AM   #291
ktmdude2002
Lost in transition

Oddometer: 63
Thanks for posting the great post ride report O'Leary. I was the "new old guy" in your last pics with the yellow Moose gear on. I was attempting to upload my pics & video from Picassa when I got back, but haven't figured it out yet. I've never had any issues with other sites. It was a fantastic weekend thanks to ride leaders like yourself, also. I'll be looking forward to next year.
Old 04-20-2013, 08:04 AM   #292
OLEARY
Enlightened Voyager

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmdude2002 View Post
Thanks for posting the great post ride report O'Leary. I was the "new old guy" in your last pics with the yellow Moose gear on. I was attempting to upload my pics & video from Picassa when I got back, but haven't figured it out yet. I've never had any issues with other sites. It was a fantastic weekend thanks to ride leaders like yourself, also. I'll be looking forward to next year.
Sorry I didn't get a chance to meet you and ride with your group. Us "old guys" need to stick together. I guess I missed my chance Sunday when Scotty was leading that other group. Would have liked to have joined you riding Mill Creek as well. I guess Mill Creek will have to wait until SLAP rolls around. I look forward to riding with you in the future. Take care.
Colorado/Moab 2012
Old 04-21-2013, 10:35 AM   #293
advmgm
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 927
for those of you who rode Day 3 and crossed the Beaver Bridge over Table Rock lake, stop and think about how much more water was in that lake several years ago when the water was up OVER THE BRIDGE.

Because of the high water, that bridge was very nearly not repaired and re-opended.
Old 04-22-2013, 03:18 PM   #294
burmbuster
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,429
To be honest, I was so taken aback by the area up there I may not wait for next year. I may plan a trip for this fall. Like an extended weekend in October if the weather is still good. I have ridden in a few places but that area around Eureka Springs is absolutely awsome.
Old 04-22-2013, 09:34 PM   #295
OLEARY
Enlightened Voyager

I'm curious bb, how did you get a line on the AR500 Ride and what inspired you to ride from so far away?

October is a great time of year to ride in Arkansas. In fact we have a camp and ride planned at the Long Pool Recreation area October 18-20th. This is a campground just about 20 miles north of Russleville, AR. Here is a link to the AR ADV Camping Thread that has a schedule of events and some info on the campsite. Check it out. You are more than welcome to join us. I usually post the route a week or so before the event. Take care.
Colorado/Moab 2012
Old 04-23-2013, 01:03 PM   #296
scotty69 OP
Studly Adventurer

Arkansas 500 Kickoff Video

I'm still trying to post videos. I have one up on the contour site... now I have to figure out how to post it here...
Old 04-23-2013, 01:08 PM   #297
scotty69 OP
Studly Adventurer

Arkansas 500

Here is the first video. I'll get more up tonight.

Old 04-23-2013, 04:13 PM   #298
devrodirt
devro

Oddometer: 505
The ReTARTeD Riders live though one day with the RED Team!

Scotty,
I can't thank you enough for putting together another AR500...really, THANKS. I'm so glad it was a success for you and TCWR.

As you know Bob the Segundo and Booshway Jim were on own on ride, ReTARTeD, and one day of the AR500 fit right in. How blessed were we on that one?!

Friday I was assigned to lead The RED Team from TCWR to Mulberry Mountain. I could not have asked for a better group of riders, 10 in all I think. THE RED TEAM ROCKED!

A Local DS Crazy, disco, was along for that day too, he and Bob and I had radios which made it quite a bit easier to keep the group together. But ya know, not one RED Team rider failed to wait for his follower at a single turn or course change. JUST AWESOME!.

Me 'n Bob and disco had a great time chewing our grips with all those guys and gals at TC and Mulberry Mt Thursday and Friday night.
Thanks for the food too, we wuz HUNGRY! "The whiskey ran and the beer flowed."

Saturday we split from the AR500 and felt a little sorry watching the RED Team fall in Indian file behind a new leader.
We actually rode a lot of the same route you guys did, but in a different manner.
We camped near Erbie at a spot I know called Cold Hole. We looked for you guys but never did see ya near Erbie. Didn't even see many tire tracks Sunday Morning. (We were at Powell Bridge on Sunday!)

Bob and I finished ReTARTeD late Monday, 9 days and almost 1700 miles of Arkansas, Texas, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Missouri, Arkansas, Missouri, and Arkansas too.
(I had two days to clean up, then load up and head for Austin, Texas to watch the US MOTOGP race. I just got home, so that's why I'm so late here.)

I have some pictures of the Red team but I have not had time to do anything with them. I will in a little while. So if any of the RED Team wants them, shoot me a PM and I'll send them to ya. I'm not much at posting pics on forums, sorry.

Thanks to ALL of you, Tim, Charlie....and all the rest, and Tanya for making it happen.
Thanks to every rider on the RED Team for being such awesome riders, knowing your limits, not having a single problem and hauling ASS when we needed to.

so until next time, FYYFF's,
devro
Out here where you can breathe. Lyle Lovett
devrodirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 05:05 PM   #299
OLEARY
Enlightened Voyager

It was great seein you again Devro! We had a few laughs and visited a bit but man, it just went by so fast. I hope we can get together and ride sometime this year. Give me a shout if you are puttin together a posse for a weekend or something. I get down your way every so often and ride with Bo mostly. In fact, I been meanin to call that boy and see what he is up to! Take care.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty69 View Post
Here is the first video. I'll get more up tonight.
That is a good start! Glad you got the Contour video postin fingered out!
Colorado/Moab 2012
Old 04-23-2013, 05:08 PM   #300
burmbuster
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,429
Quote:
Originally Posted by OLEARY View Post
I'm curious bb, how did you get a line on the AR500 Ride and what inspired you to ride from so far away?

October is a great time of year to ride in Arkansas. In fact we have a camp and ride planned at the Long Pool Recreation area October 18-20th. This is a campground just about 20 miles north of Russleville, AR. Here is a link to the AR ADV Camping Thread that has a schedule of events and some info on the campsite. Check it out. You are more than welcome to join us. I usually post the route a week or so before the event. Take care.
My wing man on this years trip, Rob Dirt, stumbled upon it on ADV. We took it from there. I always enjoy riding to new places and meeting new faces. I had never been to Arkansas before. Never even heard of Eureka Springs, although several people I know knew about it from traveling through in years past. Motorcycle trips I have taken include Texas hill country, Tennessee smokies, North Carolina & Georgia smokies, and all over Alabama. This was my first trip to ride trails with other ADV guys. Ridden with others but were relegated to back roads/dirt roads.
Your area is the best area I have ridden in to date. Even the tarmac is awesome. It was a long way to travel but that's part of the adventure.
And thanks for the invite. That sounds like a plan. Although I may bring a different ride. The Tiger wears me out in the tight and steep stuff. Looking for a WR250F as we speak. Really enjoyed meeting you and others and looking forward to riding with you guys again.
Best Regards,
Brad