Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Battle scooters
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-19-2013, 10:11 AM   #16
wannabe1
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 546
I understand the Vespa "look" love. I have it myself and one day may get one, but more than likely will let a Genuine Stella substitute for it.

Now what you should do is start looking at Yamaha Zuma 125s until that look grows on you and then find one for $1500 - $1800 used ( I have done that twice now) and then you can experience the scooter love and have your gravel road runner and keep the GS.

Of course that like telling someone that wants a harley to go buy a star
wannabe1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 02:01 PM   #17
damasovi
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,480
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baloo2327 View Post
How stupid am I for thinking about selling my GS for a Vespa? Any thoughts, comments would be greatly appreciated. Let the flaming begin. (Off to work I go)
amigo, given your ridding habits I do not see you as stupid, more like a person that wants a new toy, (since for you MC are toys).

I have neither (GS nor a Vespa) I do have a KLR and Honda scooter. Yesterday and today I have ridding in dirt with my scooter, and with some rocks, and the 10" very dancing all over the place, and I have been in worse places with the KLR and have not notice it!

I were down to 1 bike the 300 from Vespa would not out of the question since it can do everything I want, and look a lot nicer that the KLR, but both my bikes are MINE and I don't own a single peso on either one, so I will continue to own them.

Buy it!!! and you could always sell it if you think it was the wrong choise, BUT before that, ask for a test drive, they will give you a great feeling of what it can and not do!

Damasovi
Old 04-19-2013, 07:25 PM   #18
Baloo2327 OP
Baloo2327

Oddometer: 12
Thanks everyone

I appreciate everyone's thoughts. I have been looking over the maps, and all of the places that I would like to go, I have decided to keep the GS. When I get more room for storage I like the thought of having a scooter as well for local around the area riding. I also have to admit I still want to really be able to open things up on a vacant road. I just can't help myself. Maybe when I get an official notice not to do that any more I will try harder.
Baloo2327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 05:46 AM   #19
kantuckid
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,362
Shucks, and I was enjoying this thread so much...
"If I had my life to live over,I'd dare to make more mistakes next time...I'd relax,I'd limber up.I'd be sillier than this trip, take fewer things seriously, I would take more chances... take more trips...climb more mountains...swim more rivers...eat more ice cream." Jorge Luis Borges, at age 85
kantuckid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 05:12 AM   #20
kdude
orgasmatron engineer

Oddometer: 2,013
Quote:
I am in a quandary. I have and love my BMW GS, and it is in very good shape, It's also the sexy blue and white. My problem is that I have also fallen in love with the looks of the Vespa, and reading about all the fun you nuts seem to have with scooters has got my pea little brain thinking.

My dilemma is that I don't think I have room for both bikes, and I know I don't have the time to ride both of them, Unfortunately due to work last year I only rode the GS twice last year. 1 weekend trip really early in the year, and one day trip late in the year.

My concern is that I still like to go on gravel roads and exploring. I don't do serious off roading with the GS mainly because it isn't pretty when a guy my size cries. My question can the Vespa handle gravel roads O.K.? Also is the Vespa as reliable as the GS? I have put almost 24,000 miles on it without any problems. Are there any problems with the Vespa that I should be aware of? Unfortunately none of the others scooters have the look I am interested in personally. I will be doing all my own maintenance, and believe in the old saying, 'Oil is cheap, it cost money to buy parts.'

How stupid am I for thinking about selling my GS for a Vespa? Any thoughts, comments would be greatly appreciated. Let the flaming begin. (Off to work I go)
I did exactly that...... got so bored riding on the slab i sold my 1200gs and bought a vespa 300.... decided it was to big for traffic plagued montreal i downsized to a 150.... absolutely love the 150..

I guess it all depends on the riding you would like to do. There is no one perfect ride but if your running around jumping on and off there is nothing like a small scooter ...

Best of luck..

H.
Old 04-23-2013, 06:37 PM   #21
TheReaper!
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 601
Quote:
I am in a quandary. I have and love my BMW GS, and it is in very good shape, It's also the sexy blue and white. My problem is that I have also fallen in love with the looks of the Vespa, and reading about all the fun you nuts seem to have with scooters has got my pea little brain thinking.

My dilemma is that I don't think I have room for both bikes, and I know I don't have the time to ride both of them, Unfortunately due to work last year I only rode the GS twice last year. 1 weekend trip really early in the year, and one day trip late in the year.

My concern is that I still like to go on gravel roads and exploring. I don't do serious off roading with the GS mainly because it isn't pretty when a guy my size cries. My question can the Vespa handle gravel roads O.K.? Also is the Vespa as reliable as the GS? I have put almost 24,000 miles on it without any problems. Are there any problems with the Vespa that I should be aware of? Unfortunately none of the others scooters have the look I am interested in personally. I will be doing all my own maintenance, and believe in the old saying, 'Oil is cheap, it cost money to buy parts.'

Not stupid at all , first take one for a test ride to see if you like it . Then ride a Big Ruckus too , it's more like a motorcycle and you might like it better . Then most importantly find room so you can have both .

TheReaper!
TheReaper! is offline   Reply With Quote