User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2013, 07:18 PM   #3316
Ayrshire Bull
why the hell not?

Oddometer: 1,874
got the ice air fitted tonight - took the Old Pig for a test flight - and I have to say ....

" ... smooth, smooth, smooth!"

Well done Mr Poolside - very nice indeed. Does everything you said it would - and my 2010 is now running more beautifully than ever.

Old 04-22-2013, 08:50 PM   #3317
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Oddometer: 11,687

I'm glad to hear it works even up in Canada eh? Thanks for the report Ayrshire Bull!

IICE Air Hotrod your GS  Fuel Injection  Tech Info  Buy  Order List  Installation
Old 04-23-2013, 08:40 AM   #3318
sad_how
Adventurer

Oddometer: 15
greetings from Singapore~!
Waiting ever patiently for mine piece to hit the shores~
Old 04-24-2013, 12:11 AM   #3319
Tony990adv
Adventurer

Oddometer: 31
very good product!

I got mine on 4/22 and install on 4/23, it runs very good on my 2011 GS, much improve throttle and engine response (no delay even if I quick twist throttle), waiting for a longer trip trial this Sunday
Thank you Poolside and JJ, very good product!
Old 04-30-2013, 12:57 PM   #3320
NHRedleg
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallowa View Post
Look, I love the IICE Air on my '07 GSA....
I love it on my F800GS and the wife loves it on her F650GS as well. I want to let PoolSide and JJ know that I too support them, thank them for this wonderful product, and will be one of the first to order the smooth and cool when avalible.
'10 BMW F650GS (Wife's)
Old 04-30-2013, 03:43 PM   #3321
Ozav8r
Adventurer

Oddometer: 46
Ohh, yeah

Have to chime in here, as I got my IICE Air fitted to my 2000 1150GS this morning. As I just returned yesterday from 3000 mile trip around California, Nevada and Arizona, I have very recent and comprehensive comparison to draw on. I have to say, that this little doodad has transformed the smoothness and throttle response on the engine in a very positive manner, and any hesitation and slight 'jerkiness', that was present previously, has now completely gone. I have a REMUS system fitted, and had learned to adapt my throttle use to avoid the 'unavoidable' occasional backfire that goes with the exhaust, but now find that despite my best efforts to 'provoke' a backfire, it just isn't there anymore. Quite remarkable, so big thanks Jim, it was definitely worth waiting for

Ozav8r screwed with this post 04-30-2013 at 07:34 PM
Old 04-30-2013, 04:44 PM   #3322
funsummer
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 100
i sit here in perth waiting..
and waiting for the order to ship..
Leo vince full system fitted
Foam air cleaner fitted
Quick action throttle cam fitted
i sit here in perth waiting..
Old 04-30-2013, 07:11 PM   #3323
RAL88
Marineboy

Oddometer: 77
A question for those who know more than I

Ok. So I have fitted a cat eliminating exhaust on my R850r-gs. I have tried all the configurations that I could find of the ccp and in conjuction with the IIce air. All but one results in a lot of afterfire to varying degrees. It seems that the one that works the best is the removal of the ccp completely which I found is suppose to be done for no cat on the 850r.

Now, from my understanding in this mode the motronic does not use the O2 sensor in the exhaust and uses 1.8%CO2 as the reading for the motronic to use.

My question is will the IIce Air still be able to adjust the fuel ratio in this configuration since it is measuring the incoming air temp or is this disabled also when the ccp is removed.?

Thanks in advance.
'97' R850GS-R
"If it ain't broke take it apart and make it work better"
Old 04-30-2013, 07:49 PM   #3324
CanoeMoon
CanoeMoon

Oddometer: 15
upside down

How excellent. I got mine in Aus, fitting was just plug-and-play and the 1100GS is running like an angry kitten.

Linear power delivery, so very very smooth i can't believe the difference.

Thanks heaps Poolside and JJ. It works in Skippy land even though we are upside down.

as they say in the classics... "how do you do that voodoo you do do so well???"
Old 04-30-2013, 09:17 PM   #3325
Happy Wanderer
Day Dreaming.. .

Oddometer: 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAL88 View Post
Ok. So I have fitted a cat eliminating exhaust on my R850r-gs. I have tried all the configurations that I could find of the ccp and in conjuction with the IIce air. All but one results in a lot of afterfire to varying degrees. It seems that the one that works the best is the removal of the ccp completely which I found is suppose to be done for no cat on the 850r.

Now, from my understanding in this mode the motronic does not use the O2 sensor in the exhaust and uses 1.8%CO2 as the reading for the motronic to use.

My question is will the IIce Air still be able to adjust the fuel ratio in this configuration since it is measuring the incoming air temp or is this disabled also when the ccp is removed.?

Thanks in advance.
With the CCP removed the ECU will look for a CO adjustment trimpot (which is missing...) and just default to open loop "limp home mode". This probably makes the bike run better (richer mixture) but will eventually damage the catalytic converter. Plug in a GS9111 and this should reveal a fault code.

Euro (and some Canadian) models have no CCP, no converter and have a CO pot installed which is set to 1.8% CO measured in the tailpipe at idle RPM.

The IIce Air won't "adjust" anything. It will fool the ECU by creating a lower temperature reading than actual. This is done by using simple thermistors in series with the existing one in your airbox. The ECU will react to this and richen the fuel mixture.
Old 05-02-2013, 10:16 AM   #3326
Racegun
Single Track Mind!

Oddometer: 2,548
Poolside

please forgive if this was covered.... but i am wondering, after reading this

(http://translate.google.com/translat...ari%26rls%3Den

if the Symmetrical pipes of a R100RS or RT would be worth the Cost and effort?
Old 05-06-2013, 06:16 PM   #3327
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Hey there folks. Thank you for the ride reports! Throttle response and smoothness are two of the many reasons we developed these IICE add-ons. Hearing that you enjoy the end result is a treat and a pleasure.

IICE Air Hotrod your GS  Fuel Injection  Tech Info  Buy  Order List  Installation
Old 05-06-2013, 06:27 PM   #3328
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Wanderer View Post

This makes the bike run better (richer mixture) but will eventually damage the catalytic converter.
That's just silly, HW. By what mechanism is the damage supposed to occur?

Old 05-06-2013, 07:18 PM   #3329
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAL88 View Post

Yes. The ECU always uses the air temperature input and barometric pressure to calculate air density. With that information it determines the length of the fuel injector pulse necessary to create the desired fuel/air density ratio.

Regarding the afterfire (aka backfire) popping from the tailpipe, that issue is primarily a function of the inconsistent Overrun Fuel Cutoff routine in the ECU.

Moving the throttle around within the range of fully closed to slightly decelerating is what creates the unburned combustible mixture in the exhaust tubing, and causes the backfires. Tailpipe popping can be greatly reduced or eliminated with careful operation of the throttle.

To describe the 'workaround' throttle operation as simply as possible, the throttle should be either holding the bike at a constant speed, or opened more to cause acceleration. If you want to decelerate at more than a slight rate, close the throttle fully. When you want to accelerate, or hold the new lower speed, open the throttle quickly and directly to where you want it.

The above takes practice of course. And I don't like the idea of having to adapt to the ECU. But without other electronic measures there's no way around it.

The reduced air temperature input has some slight effect on backfiring, I don't know that I'd call it significant, but there is an improvement. As you have seen however, some bikes experience more improvement than others. I ascribe the difference more to the rider, which I suppose is a good example of 'Your mileage may vary.' (YMMV)

Regardless the name, there are better ways around the problem of tailpipe popping, afterfire, or backfire.

Old 05-07-2013, 04:17 AM   #3330
kimokk
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 103
Any update on the April 2nd batch?
IBA #49426
Closed Thread