Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-15-2013, 10:44 AM   #61
fotoduda.com OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 77
that was today:

fuck it, let's ride

I put the new shocks on and rode it around the city with this half finished (or half destroyed) seat. Just couldn't resist the call of motor!

PS I also run it for a moment without the silencer... It makes some pretty interesting sound
fotoduda.com
generalbikes.eu
fotoduda.com is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 02:58 PM   #62
fotoduda.com OP
Adventurer

I went for a ride thru the woods on (Any) Sunday and lost the side stand. The new shocks are a bit too stiff.

Luckily last week I took a delivery on this

Today after about 6 hours of work I managed to create this:

First attempt went pretty badly, when I tried to tilt the bike on the stand it snapped right off. I realized my welds didn't penetrate shit. I readjusted the machine and made new welds. When they looked bad I grind them down and did them again till they looked solid. So far it holds on just fine.
fotoduda.com
generalbikes.eu
Old 04-23-2013, 03:08 PM   #63
lord_oblivion
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 121
Nice first-time welding !
I have a spare original sidestand that I'm planing to abuse and extend in length and increase slipper surface.

www.jawaklubsrbije.org
lord_oblivion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 04:54 PM   #64
jurvooss
Adventurer

Oddometer: 17
Oi man,

He i have a question about your genius way of making the speaker jack into the kill switch and the other switches. but u said you found it on the corpses from hell blog, but where i couldnt find it! can u also please give a little more feedback about the killswitch and other switches on the alu. side panel, how did u do it? did u used standard switches? do u just used the standard wires and soldered them onto the switches?

please let me know,
greets Jurgen
nice bike man, love the tank!

jurvooss screwed with this post 04-23-2013 at 06:41 PM
jurvooss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 01:17 AM   #65
fotoduda.com OP
Adventurer

I've seen that jack switch on Corpses From Hell on one picture and there were no instructions.

First of all I got rid of all unnecessary from the original wiring. No clutch kill switch, no neutral gear indicator, no turn signals. Than I studied carefully the manual's wiring diagram and removed the ignition switch. It does basically two things: provides power for lights, starter, horn etc. AND grounds the ignition. So I made my loom in a way that all the components that need power get it thru the jack plug. Ignition coils on the other hand do not work when they're grounded, and work when ungrounded. That's the switch next to the jack plug. Than added a pull switch from my brother's VW beetle for lights, and another switch for low/high beam. Couldn't figure out how to do it in one switch cause of the rear light. It's all mounted to a plastic plate, and soldered behind it. I learned that it's better to use stereo jack plug, cause than you can mount it on a metal plate. I also have a horn and starter buttons on the handlebars.
fotoduda.com
generalbikes.eu
Old 06-15-2013, 06:14 AM   #66
fotoduda.com OP
Adventurer

Last month I had big fuck up. Doing 100km/h I suddenly lost power, stopped on the side of the road and the engine died on me. Turned out there was no oil in the motor. I topped it out some 800km earlier and didn't notice it was all gone until it was too late. After replenishing the fluids (of the bike and myself) it started again and I rode home in a cloud of smoke.

After opening the engine it became apparent, that I had sustained mild seizure and the piston was a goner.

I ordered a new Wiseco piston and gave it to the machine shop for the cylinder honing. When it was ready and it was time to put it back in I noticed that the piston pin is the wrong diameter for my crank arm. At that moment I reexamined the piston just to find out that the serial number on it didn't match the one on the box. Also it had a different compression ratio and only 2 holes for the valves.

So it took another week to return it to the shop. Of course the supplier didn't have the right one and I ordered a Wossner one instead. In the mean time when I had the whole bike disassembled I got to work. I got the wheels powder coated black and replaced all the bearings. Also the new rear suspension was way to hard for my liking and I took it apart and put on it the old springs, little hacking was involved to get it all done, but now it works perfect.

I checked the valve seals while in there, it was a good idea, cause they were just hardened plastic after 30 years of abuse. The only way to remove them was to brake them apart. The cam chain was also out of spec and had to go.

The tank got a new paint job:

Little touches:

Last, but not least, I got a TKC80 on the front and a plastic bag for the seat

fotoduda.com
generalbikes.eu
Old 06-15-2013, 06:43 AM   #67
VittoXVIII
Adventurer

Oddometer: 15
I'm so loving this!
A true hardcore bike, keep it up!

VittoXVIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 12:05 PM   #68
ValuePack
Adventurer

Oddometer: 24
This bike just gets cooler with every update, looking forward to more!
ValuePack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 04:33 PM   #69
Rango
Phaneropter

Oddometer: 1,117
Great write up. Loving it. Subscribed
Old 06-20-2013, 01:55 PM   #70
fotoduda.com OP
Adventurer

Rember when I said the suspension is perfect now? Turns out I was lying to you and to myself. Last Sunday I took a nice 100km ride mostly thru the woods, and the bike got a little beat up. It was so shaky that something broke loose in the silencer and now is rattling all the time. I had to get of my arse even for the small bumps, and I don't like to get off my arse to often. Who likes? So today I went mental with the MIG and created new suspension mounts. I put them about 10cm lower to the original ones, the shock lays more horizontal by about 20 degrees. Turned out really well. I gained some suspension travel, from petty 84mm to mighty 100mm

Here are some shitty pics. As always I forgot to bring my camera. And even if I did, I was is in such a working frenzy that I would forget to take pictures anways.

Now it rides like from Coupe De Ville, took it to my test trail along the train tracks, goes really smooth and soaks up all the small and mid size bumps.
And I can always set the spring preload harder if I need.

Geat Succezzzzz!
fotoduda.com
generalbikes.eu
Old 06-20-2013, 02:27 PM   #71
lord_oblivion
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 121
Nice improvement, for off-road !
Did you try it on-road, hi speed cornering? Wobbling while leaning..?

www.jawaklubsrbije.org
lord_oblivion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 02:52 PM   #72
fotoduda.com OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lord_oblivion View Post
Nice improvement, for off-road !
Did you try it on-road, hi speed cornering? Wobbling while leaning..?
I'm only 300km into the new piston brake-in, so no high speed cornering for me now ;)

I usually go 120km/h tops, once pushed it to like 150 and that was it. The engine was already begging for mercy and I had to cling to the bars like crazy. I see no fun in going that fast without a windscreen. I don't mind a little sacrifice in that area for the off road capabilities.
fotoduda.com
generalbikes.eu
Old 07-09-2013, 03:50 PM   #73
fotoduda.com OP
Adventurer

new K&N filter and new rear loop for the Honda

Believe it or not, last Saturday I lost the air filter on my bike. It fell out somewhere on the rough dirt road, 40km from home, I never saw it again. Almost bought a new stock one, but I've found a bargain on a K&N. Say no more. I was waiting for a long time to throw this big air box out of the way. The only problem was that my carburetor had a 54mm diameter, and this filter was 57. But, as someone told me before, one problem is no problem. I cut a rubber band out of a bicycle inner tube, put it on the carb and the filter fit right in.

that's my crankcase breather filter if you ask...

my mate Lukas gave me his bent BMX handlebars, I put them into use right away

the frame is ready, finally I can get on with the seat pan and upholstery

The battery is at the same place it use to be. I utilized the lower part of the original basket, had to weld back a broken tab, and used a very stylish leather strap to hold it tight. It really ties the room together, don't you think?

fotoduda.com
generalbikes.eu

fotoduda.com screwed with this post 07-09-2013 at 04:06 PM
Old 07-09-2013, 04:56 PM   #74
Rango
Phaneropter

Oddometer: 1,117
Most creative!

The pictures are beautiful, some go way beyond the ordinary image; especially the last one sits comfortably in the artsy corner: great atmosphere.
Old 07-12-2013, 09:54 AM   #75
Chico
Thief and Saboteur

Oddometer: 711
I like your style, Dude.

Chico is offline   Reply With Quote