Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2013, 07:34 PM   #16
Grits&Gravy OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 333
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loutre View Post
Thank god you had the RT to ride during 2 month . I'm all ears for the review and it better be good: I want these suspensions really badly!
Yes, the RT even got to see a few dirt roads
Grits&Gravy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 12:11 PM   #17
Curtis76
Coug Fan

Oddometer: 65
F800GS Suspension

2nd for Alex at Konflict....
Luckily I live in the same area as Alex and was able to bring my F8 to his shop. Alex installed progressive springs on the front end and the TT HP shock on the back (set up for my weight and riding style). I just got back from a week in Baja and I can honestly say that the suspension work Alex did probably saved my life (...at least saved me from some nasty spills). I did hit many nasty rocks, holes and drops and only bottomed out a couple times. I did manage to go the bars, but that was because the road was washed on my side and it was too late to change lines. I was able to get the front wheel across but the back caught it and I was bucked 15ft in front of the bike. Was able to ride out - the F8 and the suspension worked flawlessly!
Long story short... everybody in our group commented on my suspension and that it would of been a horrible week had I not upgraded from the stock crap. Oh btw, Alex told me when he pulled the stock shock off, the bolt/pin was already bent/damaged - and that was just from mostly slab riding around the Seattle area.
You're in good hands with Alex and Konflict Motosports - this guy know his stuff

Have fun on your 'new' toy! It will be completely different ride!

`10 F800GS

If your circle stays unbroken... then you're a lucky man. - Ronnie James
Curtis76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 12:15 PM   #18
Loutre
Cosmopolitan Adv

Oddometer: 3,269
Great review! hope you keep this updated with reports and pics! Hope the Lvl 2 suspension will perform good enough for the money
You can be imitated but not replaced. You're such a special blend the recipe is guarded like KFC's 11 herbs and spices.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaver View Post

Loutre is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 06:27 PM   #19
Grits&Gravy OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Today I had enough time and went ahead and installed the rear shock. Fortunately my rear upper shock bolt was NOT bent, but I did incorporate Indy's kit into the Touratech shock and installed the higher grade upper bolt that it comes with. The install was pretty painless and straight forward. After getting everything back together I took it for a spin. I will say that previously the suspension was mushy/spongy and the front dove and the rear squatted easily. Now the front and rear are both firm and are giving me great feedback. So far just riding on the street thru my neighborhood I am quite impressed. This weekend I am going on a camp and ride trip and will get to run some dirt and hopefully will have good results, feedback, and performance on the gravel. I'm definitely looking fwd to it.

Grits&Gravy screwed with this post 04-25-2013 at 06:38 PM
Old 04-25-2013, 06:34 PM   #20
rmhrc628
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,330
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grits&Gravy View Post
Today I had enough time and went ahead and installed the rear shock. Fortunately my rear upper shock bolt was NOT bent, but I did incorporate Indy's kit into the Touratech shock and installed the higher grade upper bolt that it comes with. The install was pretty painless and straight forward. After getting everything back together I took it for a spin. I will say that previously the suspension was mushy/spongy and the front dove and the rear squatted easily. Now the front and rear are both firm and are giving me great feedback. So far just riding on the street thru my neighborhood I am quite impressed. This weekend I am going on a camp and ride trip and will get to run some dirt and hopefully will have good results, feedback, and performance on the gravel. I'm definitely looking fwd to it.
So did you get the new $1800 TT extreme rear shock ?

Has anyone tried that yet?

What does konflict do to the forks specifically ? I see adjusters or did you already have those ?
rmhrc628 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 06:44 PM   #21
Grits&Gravy OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmhrc628 View Post
So did you get the new $1800 TT extreme rear shock ?

Has anyone tried that yet?

What does konflict do to the forks specifically ? I see adjusters or did you already have those ?
No, I got the Explore HP, which is the middle of their lineup.

Konflict done the Shiver Conversion conversion for me.
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=603554
Old 11-03-2013, 07:18 PM   #22
simon thomas
www.2ridetheworld.com

Oddometer: 507
been using Touratech Tractive suspenion for 9 months

It sounds like you've already got some positive feedback from your time already with the rear shock, but I'd figured I'd throw in my 10cents worth.

I had Ohlins for 11 years and loved em', I swapped out the shock from and rear 9 months to test and report back to Touratech in Germany. The shocks dealt with 2,500 miles of deserts, thick sand and endless days of washboard. I got to say I've been really impressed. Smooth at high speed even over the washboard and always felt planted and confidence inspiring.

Needless to say that I sod my Ohlins shocks a few months back and I'll be keeping the Touratech Tractive units on the bikes. My wife, Lisa has just installed a rear unit on her F650GS and I've seen her fly into bends way faster and with more confidence that she has for a while.

Hope you enjoy the new shocks and let us know how you get on and what you think.

Cheers
Simon T
Old 01-30-2014, 03:35 AM   #23
Loutre
Cosmopolitan Adv

Got news, bringing this one back to life!

May I be the first to say that I am honored to be the first one to be testing Touratechs customer service regarden warranty on their shocks?

Stop talking around the bush: My Highend suspension leaks at the piston rod . Called them were I bought it in Aachen and my friend Tom Nick (head of Touratech Aachen) took 3 weeks off from work (perfect timing eh?). Anyway good thing I kept my BMW rear suspension. Now lets see if Touratech is up to the task to repair this under warranty. Time to take bets!

Oh and to all of you touratech haters out there: feel free to flood this thread with comments like "I knew something like that would happen"
You can be imitated but not replaced. You're such a special blend the recipe is guarded like KFC's 11 herbs and spices.
Quote:

Old 01-30-2014, 06:19 AM   #24
Loutre
Cosmopolitan Adv

Drummroll please:

And the winner is:

Touratech calls me back instead of sending me a mail, (living in another country I always appreciate that kind of gesture) and tell me "that they have news"... Oh really? So what? "Well we have good news, very good indeed".

Headquarters just send out a NEW Highend suspension to Aachen! Don't even need to see the old suspension and take everything in charge, the mounting etc. AMAZING. They gave the mechanic my phone number so that he can make space in their schedule in order to fix my bike as soon as the suspension arrives there. They even offered to send it to touratech france and take everything in charge there if it was more convenient to me! Holy shit, wasn't expecting that kind of service.

I'll make sure to buy my next suspensions at their place! My fate in this company is back
Quote:

Old 01-30-2014, 02:14 PM   #25
TrailmanFr
Adventurer

Oddometer: 11
A Bad story with a happy end....
I wish I'lll never have to test their aftermarket service.
TrailmanFr is online now   Reply With Quote