ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central Ė From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2013, 05:52 PM   #58861
Mikef5000
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,030
Rain delayed today, but I'm heading out tomorrow bright and early.

Ride Details:

Leave Columbus Thursday Morning; head south east on 33 and 50. Take Middle Mountain Rd and Back Mountain Rd South, eventually turning a bit west and ending at a free national park campground near the New River Gorge Bridge at the bottom of West Virginia.

Friday morning ziggy-zaggy south on state routes and small roads, ending at the families place in Greenville, SC, hopefully early afternoon.

Saturday and Sunday stay with the family in Greenville, SC

Monday morning head west into the Smokey Mountains. Do one loop of good roads there, and continue west on the Cherahola Skyway to Chattanooga. Stay with a motorcycle friend Monday night in Chattanooga.

Tuesday, head west on small roads to the Mississippi River, Stay at a free primitive campground on the River, south of Memphis; Lone Pine Campground in the St Francis National Forest.

Wednesday, keep heading west on small roads to a Zach and Carries place in Texas, north of Dallas.

Thursday, turn north on small roads into the Ozark Mountains to the very corner of Arkansas, Kansas, and Oklahoma; where Iíll pickup historic Route 66.

Follow Route 66 to St. Louis, where Iíll stare at the arch a bit, and pickup Route 40, which Iíll take all the way home.

(Thursday and Friday nights are not planned, Iíll either throw the tent up somewhere when itís time, or more preferably, find some cool old Route 66 motel to stay for cheap.) I anticipate being home SaturdayÖ but who knows!

SPOT will go live tomorrow morning: http://mikef5000.whereamiriding.com/

I'll post if I can. Talk to you all later!
Mikef5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 06:06 PM   #58862
bikeridermark
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,188
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikef5000 View Post

Ride Details:

Leave Columbus Thursday Morning; head south east on 33 and 50. Take Middle Mountain Rd and Back Mountain Rd South, eventually turning a bit west and ending at a free national park campground near the New River Gorge Bridge at the bottom of West Virginia.

Friday morning ziggy-zaggy south on state routes and small roads, ending at the families place in Greenville, SC, hopefully early afternoon.

Monday morning head west into the Smokey Mountains. Do one loop of good roads there, and continue west on the Cherahola Skyway to Chattanooga. Stay with a motorcycle friend Monday night in Chattanooga.

Tuesday, head west on small roads to the Mississippi River, Stay at a free primitive campground on the River, south of Memphis; Lone Pine Campground in the St Francis National Forest.

Wednesday, keep heading west on small roads to a Zach and Carries place in Texas, north of Dallas.

Thursday, turn north on small roads into the Ozark Mountains to the very corner of Arkansas, Kansas, and Oklahoma; where Iíll pickup historic Route 66.

Follow Route 66 to St. Louis, where Iíll stare at the arch a bit, and pickup Route 40, which Iíll take all the way home.

(Thursday and Friday nights are not planned, Iíll either throw the tent up somewhere when itís time, or more preferably, find some cool old Route 66 motel to stay for cheap.) I anticipate being home SaturdayÖ but who knows!

Back Mountain road between Cass and Marlington? Nice road!
bikeridermark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 06:29 PM   #58863
indypup
╭∩╮( ļ.ļ )╭∩╮

Oddometer: 3,529
Perry SF or Wayne NF this weekend?

Anyone up for Perry SF or Wayne NF this weekend?
Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist hangs his head out the window! Be real, be whole, be innovative.
indypup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 06:29 PM   #58864
mgorman
Crashing since 1964

Oddometer: 5,054
Take it down to the Baltic Bar and Grill and drink it with a Blazing Bitch Burger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlipChip View Post
Well Hell, you need to try the Raging Bitch!

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/68/52855

AES Racing - Crow Canyon Riding Park
mgorman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 06:31 PM   #58865
indypup
╭∩╮( ļ.ļ )╭∩╮

Quote:
Originally Posted by indypup View Post
Anyone up for Perry SF or Wayne NF this weekend?
Or Tar Hollow? I may head down there and explore too. ;)
Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist hangs his head out the window! Be real, be whole, be innovative.
Old 04-24-2013, 08:23 PM   #58866
ruppster
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 748
Got the Trick Dual Sport kit for the 450EXC and installed it tonight. I've read of people installing them in "an hour or two". I must be slow, it took me 5, but I'm kind of picky about that stuff.
I upgraded the stator to a custom wound Trick unit, upgraded to a larger Ah battery, and converted to bike to all DC. IIRC it's like a 200W stator. Installed a KTM fan kit, too. Also swapped out the diamond shaped headlight for a rectangle unit, but its not the stock KTM one. Makes it look like an 04, but it has pretty good light output.
Now I just need to transfer the title & sign the affidavit to get some tags. It has signals, a horn, & all the good stuff (except DOT tires).
Any of you guys add keys or a hidden kill switch? That's the only thing I feel I'm missing.

ruppster screwed with this post 04-24-2013 at 08:28 PM
ruppster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:08 PM   #58867
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Oddometer: 10,639
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikef5000 View Post

Ride Details:

Have fun man!

My Smugmug Galleries
MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:09 PM   #58868
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruppster View Post
Got the Trick Dual Sport kit for the 450EXC and installed it tonight. I've read of people installing them in "an hour or two". I must be slow, it took me 5, but I'm kind of picky about that stuff.
I upgraded the stator to a custom wound Trick unit, upgraded to a larger Ah battery, and converted to bike to all DC. IIRC it's like a 200W stator. Installed a KTM fan kit, too. Also swapped out the diamond shaped headlight for a rectangle unit, but its not the stock KTM one. Makes it look like an 04, but it has pretty good light output.
Now I just need to transfer the title & sign the affidavit to get some tags. It has signals, a horn, & all the good stuff (except DOT tires).
Any of you guys add keys or a hidden kill switch? That's the only thing I feel I'm missing.
Ohio doesn't have a DOT tire requirement, FYI, only a tread depth requirement.

My Smugmug Galleries
Old 04-24-2013, 09:44 PM   #58869
indypup
╭∩╮( ļ.ļ )╭∩╮

I had a fuse blow out on the WR last night. The one for the turn signals. The dash went out too but it stayed running until I turned it off. It wouldn't start after I turned it off though. I replaced the fuse and everything seems fine. Not sure why it blew out though. I checked the wires and none looked frayed or anything...
Old 04-25-2013, 04:56 AM   #58870
BigOhio
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 473
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo_Matt View Post
http://sbxbackstagebistro.com/entert...lazing-saddles

Kinda pissed I missed this last night, I had the wrong date.....it also sound like it would be right up Big Ohio's ally as well....
Wow, there must be more than one or two of us that enjoy such things. Would have made it for sure if I had known!
Old 04-25-2013, 05:06 AM   #58871
BigOhio
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 473
Quote:
Sounds like you are set. Didn't add the key switch or anything to mine either. I figure if someone wants it there is probably more chance that they are just going to throw it into a pickup and take off and usually when riding the KTM, I never stray too far from it.
Old 04-25-2013, 08:33 AM   #58872
invisible monster
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 484
Quote:
Got the Trick Dual Sport kit for the 450EXC and installed it tonight.
My wr250f has the Baja Designs dual sport kit with an ignition switch and key. It's really more of a pita than it is worth as far as I am concerned. I wouldn't worry about adding a key or hidden switch if it was me.
invisible monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 11:24 AM   #58873
swingset
Got the knack.

Oddometer: 10,798
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOhio View Post
Sounds like you are set. Didn't add the key switch or anything to mine either. I figure if someone wants it there is probably more chance that they are just going to throw it into a pickup and take off and usually when riding the KTM, I never stray too far from it.
+1 to that, most thefts are "push or carry this thing to a loading spot" rather than jump on it and start it.

swingset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 12:50 PM   #58874
r-3350
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeefZah View Post
Ohio doesn't have a DOT tire requirement, FYI, only a tread depth requirement.
By the way Mark, How is the repair going on your Tenere?
r-3350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 02:04 PM   #58875
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Quote:
Originally Posted by r-3350 View Post
By the way Mark, How is the repair going on your Tenere?
Not sure... I know they had to get a part or parts from Japan. I haven't called to check since gettng that info, it'll get done when it gets done I expect.

My Smugmug Galleries