Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Battle scooters
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2013, 04:42 AM   #166
johnyrrr
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 183
So how many miles on that scoot, so just a minor oil leak after all this time, thats no big deal, id say your doing pretty good with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deezildennis View Post
Update,

I have spent way more than I should have on getting my 33K mile Honda helix a bit more roadworthy. I thought about selling this Ruklone to recoup some of what I Spent on the Helix but after thinking of it I would rather keep it and do a Little Farkling here and there to it.

So as it sits now..

I will be replacing the tires with the factory Duro tires. I really liked those on the bike over the last few years. The Panels need to be taken off and Waxed badly. The Valve cover looks to have a minor leak that I Have been putting off for a while. The Dealer I bought it from is taking care of that in a few weeks. A few months ago I rode a gy6 ruckus with some bolt on mods and I liked them and I want to do a few to mine since it wont be a daily rider anymore.

I Have Ordered a Exhaust, air filter and carb jet kit. Why the hell not..

I'll post some pics in a few days of the Rucklone and the Helix. Might have the Exhaust put on the Rucklone by then.

Take care
DD
johnyrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 08:41 AM   #167
deezildennis OP
Its a what?

Oddometer: 777
It has 7600 miles on it. Save for a few miles that I rode around without a working speedo after a previously stated garage incident. The auto choke is getting finicky as well so that's getting swapped out at the dealer when it goes in for the cover leak and tires.

Just about got the exhaust figured out. Had to make a Decibel killer for it last night as it was a little to loud for my old man tastes... Pics hopefully soon.

deezildennis screwed with this post 04-23-2013 at 08:45 AM Reason: incorrect milage stated.
deezildennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 05:28 PM   #168
deezildennis OP
Its a what?

I'm not sure if Anyone is really looking at the thread anymore. The Forum does not seem to be as friendly towards China bikes in the last year or so but I am going to post anyway since I promised to Update the thread..

Anyhow. Update and some pics.

I was going to clean the bike up a bit before the pics. But it turned into a half a day scrub fest. I Pulled the panels and wiped every damn bar and hose on this goofy thing. New tires are on.

The Exhaust is a polished stainless Ebay Special. I took all the Pop Rivets of the Muffler and took out the stock packing and replaced it with Two Bros Racing Stainless steel wool and re-riveted it with polished rivets.

The Pipe is a Stock pipe that has been cut 1" from the muffler mounting flange and positioned to allow the can to sit with the lines of the bike a little better. Crap China paint was beadblasted off and coated with Eastwoods Stainless silver coating.

Can is supported from wheel bracket with 1/4" stock. I was running the can straight through as it was stock witha 125 jet but it was just too Damn loud.

I Needed a DB Killer bad. I ended up chucking up a piece of Brass and turned the OD down to fit the end of the pipe. I then pressed in a 3"long steel pipe into it and drilled and tapped the brass to use some set screws to hold the pipe in during the heat cycles. The Pipe pressed into the brass was cross drilled as well. I drilled the can to accept a allen head bolt that screws into the brass plug. You can see the pass through hole in the bottom pic I then stepped it down to a 122jet in the carb.

The bike has improved the low end for sure. It is Easily felt pulling away from lights etc. Mid range seems to be about the same but it will rev up to 7500 rpms. I am sure the top end is much higher but I don't want to grenade the engine.

Anyhow.... Pics.

Old 04-24-2013, 05:36 PM   #169
Foot dragger
singletracker

Oddometer: 12,785
Quote:
Here is my Pics. Bike has about 250 miles on it now :)

Gee Cripes that thing is butt ugly,uglier then a real Ruckus?
I think its in the running. Maybe take all that vacuum cleaner style bodywork off,that could help.
Old 04-24-2013, 05:37 PM   #170
wrecked'em
satisfied enzyte user

Oddometer: 437
nice. keep posting. i read the whole thing
Old 04-24-2013, 05:46 PM   #171
deezildennis OP
Its a what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foot dragger View Post
Gee Cripes that thing is butt ugly,uglier then a real Ruckus?
I think its in the running. Maybe take all that vacuum cleaner style bodywork off,that could help.
Thanks? but No Thanks. Chicks dig the Color.
Old 04-24-2013, 05:56 PM   #172
Gigglingoth
Adventurer

Oddometer: 24
Paying attention

Im still paying attention! I should have mine in about a week or two and am more excited since reading your posts! The exhaust looks gorgeous compared to the stock muffler. Wish I could have you do one for mine PLEASE never stop posting...these updates are very important
Gigglingoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 06:12 PM   #173
deezildennis OP
Its a what?

Where is Frozen Butt IL?

If you want to do the exhaust you will need to go with the standard black header pipe with NO brackets attached.
Old 04-24-2013, 06:40 PM   #174
CaseyJones
Ridin' that train

Oddometer: 755
Muffler's a winner.

Mine is a model-year older than yours...has the digital speedo and the dial is a tach. The thing has an over-rev light on it.

Doesn't yours? Because you CAN over-rev.

1999 BMW R1100RT - backsliding on the Scooter Life.
CaseyJones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 06:51 PM   #175
Gigglingoth
Adventurer

Oddometer: 24
Frozen Butt

Lol sorry about that. Frozen Butt Illinois is actually Waukegan, IL
Gigglingoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 06:52 PM   #176
fsf1o1
Adventurer

Oddometer: 46
hows she ride man ?
Old 04-24-2013, 07:00 PM   #177
deezildennis OP
Its a what?

Mine is the same Digi speedo and analog tach.

I Know it can run way past the redline and the blinking light. I just chose not to do it. Some of the gy6 Ruckus guys say they have ran them to 10k so I know they will handle over 7k but I wont be doing it.
Old 04-24-2013, 07:08 PM   #178
deezildennis OP
Its a what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsf1o1 View Post
hows she ride man ?
She rides Great. Still pretty tight after all this time. It handles great and the brakes are really good. I am comparing it to my helix. My Helix will smoke it but not at slow speeds and braking.. It's been a fun Commuter the last few years.
Old 04-24-2013, 10:30 PM   #179
ParrotheadJeff
Cultural Infidel

Oddometer: 1,199
I'm watching as of the last month or so I found a scooter on Craigslist that I just couldn't pass up:

It was $25 with a clean title and about 2,000 miles on it I started looking around for more info and good stories and this is one that I've found. I figure even if your Rucklone has different bodywork, it's still got a 150cc GY6, right?

Keep riding your Chinese scooter and I'll be here reading about what happens with it
Old 04-29-2013, 02:37 PM   #180
FlySniper
Bleh...

Oddometer: 1,661
Quote:
I'm not sure if Anyone is really looking at the thread anymore. The Forum does not seem to be as friendly towards China bikes in the last year or so but I am going to post anyway since I promised to Update the thread..

I've kept up with this thread since you started it. There's just something about the Chinese scoots... they are cheap, kinda' iffy and.... cheap! I want one!

I had a Lifan dualsport that was a remarkably good bike (that I should have kept).

When money allows I'm thinking about getting a Big Rowdy or a Linhai 260 or 300.... or one of those funky Honda Helix clones. Not sure yet, but I will get one.

"Think about how stupid the average person is. Now, realise that half of them are dumber than that." - George Carlin
FlySniper is offline   Reply With Quote