User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2013, 04:46 PM   #1
GPSCity OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 77
Thumb RAM Mount & Garmin Discounts

As an established dealer of both Garmin and RAM for almost 20 years (man, that went by fast), we'd like to give back to the community that supports us the most and finds the best utility in our products!

The question is... what is the best way to help? To answer that, we'd like your input. We have some ideas we're ready to immediately implement with the RAM side, but the Garmin/electronics side is a bit of a tougher nut to crack. Zumo? Montana? Mapping handhelds? Any specific accessories? The more we can zero in on a product/products, the better our deal can be.

Every rider and enthusiast we talk to has different needs and ideas, and we'd like to do the greatest good for the greatest number that we can. With that in mind, if you have any requests or ideas that you think will be of best use, please feel free to hit us up on a PM or in the thread. We'll evaluate the input and post up some codes & deals as soon as we can.

Happy riding!

G
www.gpscity.com / www.gpscity.ca / www.expressmounts.com
GPSCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 07:14 AM   #2
zeeede
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 907
Quote:
Originally Posted by GPSCity View Post
As an established dealer of both Garmin and RAM for almost 20 years (man, that went by fast), we'd like to give back to the community that supports us the most and finds the best utility in our products!

The question is... what is the best way to help? To answer that, we'd like your input. We have some ideas we're ready to immediately implement with the RAM side, but the Garmin/electronics side is a bit of a tougher nut to crack. Zumo? Montana? Mapping handhelds? Any specific accessories? The more we can zero in on a product/products, the better our deal can be.

Every rider and enthusiast we talk to has different needs and ideas, and we'd like to do the greatest good for the greatest number that we can. With that in mind, if you have any requests or ideas that you think will be of best use, please feel free to hit us up on a PM or in the thread. We'll evaluate the input and post up some codes & deals as soon as we can.

Happy riding!

G
www.gpscity.com / www.gpscity.ca / www.expressmounts.com

Welcome! Glad you're part of the ADV community. I was actually pricing out some little RAM bits and pieces on your website and on some of your competitors a couple of days ago. A little love for us ADV inmates would definitely influence my purchase!

Just so you know, I was searching, and I couldn't find another vendor offering ADV discounts on RAM components, so you'd be exclusive there (as best as I could tell).

As far as GPSes go, gosh golly that Garmin stuff is pricy, so any discounts you can give there would help. Or consider discounts on package deals... most folks here that are guying a GPS are mounting it on their motorcycle and hard-wiring it, so the key components needed for that. Most Adventure riding involves a mix of street and dirt, so the Zumo and Montana are the creme-de-la-creme. The other GPSes that catch my eye are the hand-helds that support city navigator (there's another item for your package deals. 24k maps would help too).

The other thing you could consider is if you have returned/open box items you can't sell through the normal website...selling them through your vendor thread here at at discount
zeeede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 02:59 PM   #3
GPSCity OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeeede View Post
Welcome! Glad you're part of the ADV community. I was actually pricing out some little RAM bits and pieces on your website and on some of your competitors a couple of days ago. A little love for us ADV inmates would definitely influence my purchase!

Just so you know, I was searching, and I couldn't find another vendor offering ADV discounts on RAM components, so you'd be exclusive there (as best as I could tell).

As far as GPSes go, gosh golly that Garmin stuff is pricy, so any discounts you can give there would help. Or consider discounts on package deals... most folks here that are guying a GPS are mounting it on their motorcycle and hard-wiring it, so the key components needed for that. Most Adventure riding involves a mix of street and dirt, so the Zumo and Montana are the creme-de-la-creme. The other GPSes that catch my eye are the hand-helds that support city navigator (there's another item for your package deals. 24k maps would help too).

The other thing you could consider is if you have returned/open box items you can't sell through the normal website...selling them through your vendor thread here at at discount
Thanks for the reply! I've added a code to all three sites (www.gpscity.com www.gpscity.ca and www.expressmounts.com) that grants an instant 15% off of all RAM products. As always, shipping is free over $25 and since we're the largest stocking RAM dealer in the world, we'll typically get orders out the same day. No restock fees, etc. so feel free to try out any RAM items and simply return what you don't want to keep.

Code: ADVRAM2014 [Updated 07/23/2014]

If you have any issues with the code not working, etc. please feel free to shoot me a PM!

For a GPS and accessory, would you prefer an Oregon 450 w/ 24K or a Montana? I'll get a coupon code rolling.

G

GPSCity screwed with this post 07-23-2014 at 02:59 PM
GPSCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 03:40 PM   #4
dep411
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 150
I'm looking at some ram mount bits As well. If you'd throw out an adv promotion I'll order ASAP
dep411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 04:25 PM   #5
FakeName
Wile E Coyote SuperGenius

Oddometer: 1,685
I've had several transactions with GPSCITY, and have always been pleased- good company.

Thanks, and good to see you here.

2011 White 990 Adv S
2014 500EXC Black
FakeName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 04:58 PM   #6
niemerbeemer
Adventurer

Oddometer: 40
any adv promotion would help!... I need to get some cables and other odds and ends to hardwire my gps on the bike
niemerbeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 05:33 PM   #7
Attico
Wrong way 'round

Oddometer: 1,794
I need a new cradle for my montana which i ordered from gpscity. I bought all my gps stuff from you over the past few years and you guys kick ass. I don't bother going to the local guys.
Old 04-25-2013, 06:11 PM   #8
Assfault
Exposed Member

Oddometer: 2,016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Attico View Post
I need a new cradle for my montana which i ordered from gpscity. I bought all my gps stuff from you over the past few years and you guys kick ass. I don't bother going to the local guys.

I need another cradle for my montana which I will order from gpscity. I bought all my gps stuff from you over the past few years and you guys kick ass. I don't bother going to the local guys, they dont have what I need like you'all do.
I think since like you said, everybody has a different adgenda on what they need and want. I would offer some sort of generic ADV discount and then run specials when you feel the need to drum up interest or you get a volume buy @ a discount that you can pass along.
Either way, everybody wins, ADV Inmates are saving some bucks and get what they want, and you get more business. This is the way life should be, people helping each other in thier persuit of living.
* Assfault, Ass-Fault, Ms Ass, thier neighbors or friends, are not responsible for any incidents, accidents, or accusations, that might result from you using this forum in the pursuit of adventure greatness. Avoid taking ADV before bed time. Do not use if you experince faintness, dizzniess, inversness, difficulty urinating or an erection lasting longer than 4 hours. Thank you*
Assfault is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 06:14 PM   #9
Gerg
Cupcake

Oddometer: 8,279
As a frequent flyer at GPS City I welcome any discounts.

The Montana seems to be the new hotness and I'm thinking about one for the offroad to complement my Zumo 665 for on road.

A package for the Ram/Montana combo would be sweet! The Montana will see double duty on both the quad and a dual sport. The Zumo is on my GS.

Just my humble opinion

BOOF 160, AMA, RA, MOA, HOG
Live life like you stole it!
Your $5 off SMUGMUG Coupon is
hESgLtqESqM1Q

Gerg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:31 PM   #10
Bigger Al
Still a stupid tire guy

Oddometer: 7,797
Quote:
Originally Posted by FakeName View Post
I've had several transactions with GPSCITY, and have always been pleased- good company.

Thanks, and good to see you here.

+1! I need some stuff for an upcoming trip, too.

Steve McQueen

Bigger Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 04:34 PM   #11
Chop Chop
Hector erector

Oddometer: 1,613
Personally I would prefer a montana over a zumo for the fact that I can setup multiple profiles for the type of tracks I want to explorer. From what I have seen the zumos don't allow this(correct me if I am wrong). I currently use a 62s and this suits nicely for the topo maps I use. Would be interested in some type of montana package, ie rugged amp mount etc.

If you don't want the piss taken, stop giving it away!
Chop Chop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 09:15 AM   #12
EKinOR
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 235
A Montana package would be awesome! Montana 650 with city Navigator, 24k topo maps and motorcycle mount.
Old 04-27-2013, 10:35 PM   #13
aufevermike
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 138
idea for lighting

I have an idea. Last fall I bought some PIAA 530 for my bike. Not wanting to pay a bunch of $ for a mounting bar I had though how great it would have been if I could have had a RAM mount that attached to my engine guard and then to the light. That way I could maneuver them in any position I wanted. Maybe you can come up with a universal auxiliary mount for lighting systems??? I use you mounts on my snowmobiles too. So if you could make the threads on just the threaded balls just a tad longer it would be great, like to a half inch to 3/4 long or so. What I have done to one machine is drill a hole in the cowling and put a fender washer behind it and a lock washer under that. but i would really prefer to use the nylon locknuts but the threads don't protrude far enough to grab the locking part of the nut.The hold my spot, gps, go pro and iPod. I love the systems!! Thanx again!!

aufevermike screwed with this post 04-27-2013 at 11:05 PM
aufevermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 06:18 AM   #14
Gerg
Cupcake

Oddometer: 8,279
Quote:
Originally Posted by GPSCity View Post
Thanks for the reply! I've added a code to all three sites (www.gpscity.com www.gpscity.ca and www.expressmounts.com) that grants an instant 15% off of all RAM products. As always, shipping is free over $25 and since we're the largest stocking RAM dealer in the world, we'll typically get orders out the same day. No restock fees, etc. so feel free to try out any RAM items and simply return what you don't want to keep.

Coupon code: ADVRIDER15

If you have any issues with the code not working, etc. please feel free to shoot me a PM!

For a GPS and accessory, would you prefer an Oregon 450 w/ 24K or a Montana? I'll get a coupon code rolling.

G
Montana

BOOF 160, AMA, RA, MOA, HOG
Live life like you stole it!
Your $5 off SMUGMUG Coupon is
hESgLtqESqM1Q

Gerg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 10:33 AM   #15
byways
byways

Oddometer: 2,111
I bought an Oregon from GPScity over the winter. I haven't had a chance to use it much yet (still awaiting the season here in the northern Rockies), but I sure appreciate GPScity's efforts to help folks understand and learn to use GPS products.
byways is offline   Reply With Quote