Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2013, 08:08 AM   #2596
valvecrusher
tractus pro pensio™

Oddometer: 1,703
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foot dragger View Post
Same thing with Lance Armstrong, *edit*

Having said that,proof is one thing,saying a racer was "juiced" at one time or another with no proof is just horseshit.
Holy doublespeak batman.
Isn't this the ignorance arguement?

Lance Armstrong, Barry Bonds, Alex Rodriguez ...Canseco...
total , eh?

Those 'designer steroids' that couldn't be detected until they discovered 'anomalies' in blood that was not able to be identified..
after years of pharmacological research, they reverse engineered the 'hormones', then developed a 'new test'...and suddenly..

lots of 'clean guys' were now hideously guilty...

Quote:
Originally Posted by footdragger
and know nothing about..
What kind of doping causes what kind of facial features?
Right after deriding someone for 'being uninformed', you make a blanket denial of generally well known and accepted side effects/symptoms/residuals from steroids-stimulants-doping...

Troll much?

valvecrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 08:20 AM   #2597
skwidd
where does this lead?

Oddometer: 16,832
Quote:
Originally Posted by nachtflug View Post
it's certainly possible. I'm sure the Suzuki helped at a time when he was in his prime. if it's true I'd say his records are tainted given that Ake, Bauer, Aberg, Weil, Mikkola and company probably weren't. Maybe they were. Who knows.

Do you think RC was juiced?
No juice.

They also taught him how to speak English when he made the transition from expert/intermediate to Mitch's team.

'02 BN125 Eliminator, oversize 150 rear tire, 1 down on the front sprocket, Amsoil full synthetic race oil, dual gremlin bells
skwidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 08:23 AM   #2598
pvangel
Team AARP

Oddometer: 2,344
Local boy goes bad, what a shame. Flug I'm sure you saw him ride as a kid?

Burglary: Ryan Mills, 27, of Rabbit Run Road, Clintondale, was sentenced Tuesday by Williams to two and one-third to seven years in state prison on his conviction of a felony burglary charge. Mills was arrested April 18, 2012 by state police at Highland. He pleaded guilty to the charge on Jan. 29.

It ain't easy....The kid was fast and had potential.
pvangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 08:25 AM   #2599
andrewgore
Team MGH

Oddometer: 3,241
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvangel View Post

Burglary: Ryan Mills, 27, of Rabbit Run Road, Clintondale, was sentenced Tuesday by Williams to two and one-third to seven years in state prison on his conviction of a felony burglary charge. Mills was arrested April 18, 2012 by state police at Highland. He pleaded guilty to the charge on Jan. 29.

Gotta pay for these 4-Strokes somehow.
andrewgore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:03 AM   #2600
Mr. Magoo
n/a

Oddometer: 4,946
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewgore View Post
Who gives a rats ass about pedaling bicycles?

These guys can juice all they want. You still need nerves of steel & proper muscle memory training to be able to pull off this nonsense.

Wait for the whoop section around 0:50

Nice vid & tune!
Mr. Magoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:47 AM   #2601
nachtflug
infidel

Oddometer: 45,832
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvangel View Post

never saw him, I didn't start going to the tracks again until 2008.

I even missed Barcia, they said he was dusing most people on a 65cc. That's about the year Honda moved him down south.

I believe the Ryan Mills story involves drugs, that's why he was breaking into houses. Not good and it never is when hard drugs are involved.
nachtflug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:58 AM   #2602
nachtflug
infidel

Quote:
And really,even if he and lots of others were,when you look at how the doping scandal has tarnished bicycling............is it worth it to cast aspersions about something you have no proof of and know nothing about?
I don't think speculation from a fans perspective about a legitimate issue is casting aspersions. If any sport would benefit from PED SX/MX riders certainly would.

If the top 10-20 are doing it is that fair to the guys who don't make the heats because their laptimes don't get them into the heats?
Old 04-25-2013, 10:04 AM   #2603
nachtflug
infidel

Quote:
Hannah must have been juiced on something,he was fast.
Hannah's track record with a few years of winning titles followed by years of good enought to compete but not win titles would seem to be a clear example of someone who wasn't juiced.
Old 04-25-2013, 10:06 AM   #2604
enduro0125
Sticks and Stones™..

Oddometer: 13,191
Or broke his leg so bad in a waterskiing accident that he never fully recovered from.
Old 04-25-2013, 11:21 AM   #2605
skwidd
where does this lead?

Oddometer: 16,832
Quote:
I don't think speculation from a fans perspective about a legitimate issue is casting aspersions. If any sport would benefit from PED SX/MX riders certainly would.

If the top 10-20 are doing it is that fair to the guys who don't make the heats because their laptimes don't get them into the heats?
I have heard of some that used to shoot B12 and ride practice motos through an entire tank of fuel without stopping.

'02 BN125 Eliminator, oversize 150 rear tire, 1 down on the front sprocket, Amsoil full synthetic race oil, dual gremlin bells
skwidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 02:13 PM   #2606
pbarmy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,818
Quote:

I believe the Ryan Mills story involves drugs, that's why he was breaking into houses. Not good and it never is when hard drugs are involved.
A local fast kid who went and qualified for several Nationals got hurt and became addicted to painkillers.That shit is nasty,and when their sources run out,Heroin is the next step and easier to get.Lucky our local hero didnt go that route but all that time and money spent on him went nowhere.
Old 04-25-2013, 03:01 PM   #2607
Foot dragger
singletracker

Oddometer: 12,775
Quote:
Originally Posted by valvecrusher View Post
Holy doublespeak batman.
Isn't this the ignorance arguement?

Lance Armstrong, Barry Bonds, Alex Rodriguez ...Canseco...
total , eh?

Those 'designer steroids' that couldn't be detected until they discovered 'anomalies' in blood that was not able to be identified..
after years of pharmacological research, they reverse engineered the 'hormones', then developed a 'new test'...and suddenly..

lots of 'clean guys' were now hideously guilty...

Right after deriding someone for 'being uninformed', you make a blanket denial of generally well known and accepted side effects/symptoms/residuals from steroids-stimulants-doping...

Troll much?
So your saying no proof is all the proof you need?
And just what are the facial issues with doping and what kind of doping is it you know all about? There are so many different kinds.

Sounds like professional Trollery to me.

But really,has Carmichael been accused of doping? Or is it just a hunch?
Old 04-25-2013, 03:06 PM   #2608
Foot dragger
singletracker

Oddometer: 12,775
Quote:

Is it a legitimate issue? I dont follow every little thing about MX,has RC been accused other then on this thread of doping? Im sure some racers of all sports can and do use any drug that might help them win,IF they they think they can get away with it.

Bummer to pay back money they won,and give sponsors back money,and what ever else Lance has had to do.
Old 04-25-2013, 03:24 PM   #2609
pvangel
Team AARP

Oddometer: 2,344
Quote:
never saw him, I didn't start going to the tracks again until 2008.

I even missed Barcia, they said he was dusing most people on a 65cc. That's about the year Honda moved him down south.

It is sad...

I have been passed by both but was more humiliating by a little kid on a 65 and then blown away when he was on a 85 with the #51 on his plate.

On another note... I rode yesterday at the country club and there is a kid there (Matt Hammer) who has yet to turn pro or is just turning and was running hot laps for about a half hr at a time and the speed that he was going was just mind blowing. After he left another kid who has I think qualified for a national (Jason Brooks) started riding and the speed was just amazing. To ride a track at my speed (old and slow) and then see a kid who could "maybe" get into a national ride at that rate was just amazing and tells you that the top 100 or so guys in the world are even faster.
pvangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 03:38 PM   #2610
enduro0125
Sticks and Stones™..

Oddometer: 13,191
Quote:
Bummer to pay back money they won,and give sponsors back money,and what ever else Lance has had to do.
Read that book and you won't feel that way.