Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Ride reports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-19-2013, 02:24 PM   #91
Sandino
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 168
report and ride mates!, too bad you did not make it to Paraguay, may be next time. Cheers
Sandino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:49 AM   #92
SS in Vzla.
Totally Normal? I'm not!

Oddometer: 1,111
The dirt roads in Brazil might be muddy this time of the year as the dry season starts around mid June. But if it has been anything like the weather in Venezuela and Colombia, you might get lucky and see some sunshine to dry the roads as it has been very dry around these places (where the wet season in just starting).

If you need help with gps maps, route suggestions, hotels, "bike needs" etc while in Venezuela or Colombia, I'll be glad to help.
Old 04-29-2013, 04:26 AM   #93
Cisco_k OP
Chuck

Oddometer: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandino View Post
report and ride mates!, too bad you did not make it to Paraguay, may be next time. Cheers

Actually we were in Paraguay, but for only a short time because we had a deadline to make it on up the road. We spent the night in Trinadad at the Posada Maria and visited the Jesuit ruins across the street. We were there on the 20th of January. While our visit was short, we did enjoy it.
Old 04-29-2013, 04:31 AM   #94
Cisco_k OP
Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveg View Post
It is great to see ya'll with the TDF sign. I was just telling someone the other day how I met these crazy old dudes at a dirt bike class who had not only heard of Ushuaia but was planning to go there.

Congrats on completing a plan. That is absolutely amazing.

I would have placed money on the fact that one of you would have killed the other by the end of the road

If you are ever riding through the middle of the country, you have a place to stay in Kansas City.

Thanks for the note and invite. We still have to make it back to Texas before the plan is finished and we get to the end of the road. We are in Northern Brazil today and will be leaving shortly for Venezuela. Our trip through the rain forest was, to say the least, wet and muddy. I'll post more later.

Cisco_k screwed with this post 04-29-2013 at 05:13 AM
Cisco_k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:48 AM   #95
daveg
no longer homeless

Oddometer: 786
My buddy Dean and his girlfriend Sallie from Australia are riding on a KTM 950 SE somewhere in that region I think. Have you ran into them?
Old 05-05-2013, 06:42 PM   #96
Cisco_k OP
Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveg View Post
My buddy Dean and his girlfriend Sallie from Australia are riding on a KTM 950 SE somewhere in that region I think. Have you ran into them?
Havent seen any KTM's in any of the last severial countries. We are in Bogota today and meet with a shipper tomorrow morning to get our bikes air freighted to Panama City, hopefully on Wednesday. Then it's just Central America and Mexico to get back.
Old 05-05-2013, 06:51 PM   #97
Cisco_k OP
Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS in Vzla. View Post
The dirt roads in Brazil might be muddy this time of the year as the dry season starts around mid June. But if it has been anything like the weather in Venezuela and Colombia, you might get lucky and see some sunshine to dry the roads as it has been very dry around these places (where the wet season in just starting).

If you need help with gps maps, route suggestions, hotels, "bike needs" etc while in Venezuela or Colombia, I'll be glad to help.
Thanks for the help offer but fortunately we didn't have any major problems.

We had rain almost every day since departing the ferry in Macapa. It got worse in the unpaved section of the road North in Brazil. The next unpaved section, 260 miles, leaving Guiana saw rain most of the time too. It was as if being off the asphalt caused the rain clouds to form and start dumping. We got through ok but it wasn't always fun. And that 260 mile section was the worst road that we had ever seen. It had everything from huge pot holes, mud and a deep sand section to the worst wash board one would ever want to encounter.