ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-2013, 11:31 AM   #8701
WVdyhrd
mudhole 400 guy

Oddometer: 2,545
Quote:
Originally Posted by wvridgerider View Post
I can fix your bike a lot faster than Jeff and I have great prices, usually a six pack. Let me know what you want to do. If you are bucking some drops on that bike and the frame breaks I will hook you up.if you go clip less you will not go back if you CC the bike.
Planning a long DS ride next weekend with Bob.
That frame, and the wheels (knock on wood) have already taken some hits that surprised me (ya know the "well this is gonna hurt" moments). Right now my front shifting just takes some encouragement, I think it's just an adjustment issue.

I've got too much leg hair to do any real XC. I like climbing hills and such but im a long way from XC.

I may be down for some ds next week if I get the RXC straightened out. Tiger is down until I can take it apart.

"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool." -Bill
Shakes

WVdyhrd screwed with this post 04-27-2013 at 03:07 PM
WVdyhrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 02:13 PM   #8702
wvridgerider
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 540
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVdyhrd View Post
That frame, and the wheels (knock on wood) have already taken some hits that surprised me (ya know the "well this is gonna hurt" moments). Right now my front shifting just takes some encouragement, I think it's just an adjustment issue.

I've got too much leg hair to do any real CC. I like climbing hills and such but im a long way from CC.

I may be down for some ds next week if I get the RXC straightened out. Tiger is down until I can take it apart.
Oh CC is cross country.
wvridgerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 02:16 PM   #8703
Rider_WV
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,200
Quote:
Oh CC is cross country.
Cc is cubic centimeter cross country is XC HAHA!
Rider_WV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 03:05 PM   #8704
WVdyhrd
mudhole 400 guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider_WV View Post
Cc is cubic centimeter cross country is XC HAHA!
That's what I said

This is why I stay off the mtbr forums haha

touché good sir

Gotta be careful with all the orange around here they may think of XC as a race dirtbike haha.

"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool." -Bill
Shakes
Old 04-27-2013, 05:47 PM   #8705
wvridgerider
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 540
Quote:
That's what I said

This is why I stay off the mtbr forums haha

touché good sir

Gotta be careful with all the orange around here they may think of XC as a race dirtbike haha.
I wasn't thinking. So next weekend a XC ride at CC. Now I thnk I am confused time for beer and the I pad does huh is auto correct pstuff and I just hit post.
wvridgerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 05:10 AM   #8706
WVdyhrd
mudhole 400 guy

Quote:
I wasn't thinking.
I try to avoid that at all costs myself

Shakes
Old 04-28-2013, 03:34 PM   #8707
Rider_WV
Beastly Adventurer

Just a FYI for anyone that might want to fondle a few bikes. Iron Pony in Columbus has Beta two strokes and 4 strokes on the show room floor. They look pretty damn nice in person.
Old 04-29-2013, 06:20 AM   #8708
wvrocks
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 596
Sold my GS about a month ago and just picked up a new set of wheels! 2000 KTM 640 Adventure.
Cleaning up some wiring and will be ready to roll by the end of the week.

wvrocks screwed with this post 04-29-2013 at 06:27 AM
wvrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 06:23 AM   #8709
Rider_WV
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvrocks View Post
Sold my GS about a month ago and just picked up a new set of wheels! 2000 KTM 640 Adventure.
Cleaning up some wiring and will be ready to roll by the end of the week.

Good looking Ktm! Those 640ADV's have always been my favorite.
Old 04-29-2013, 09:51 AM   #8710
Jimmy crack corn
Gnarly ST Devotee

Oddometer: 87
Cry Neglected pumpkin adopted by local ST enthusiast!

Quote:
That's what I said

Like this one???

http://charlestonwv.craigslist.org/mcy/3768575153.html

Sold the 650L a few weeks ago...
Traded the CRFX yesterday for this... One of Thornhills old race bikes. Watched the PO race it at Rocky Fork Sat night and I rode it in the woods above Dunbar yesterday. Runs great and rides smoooooth.

Sad thing is, I think it's been stored (sitting) outside since the last gncc race of 2010. The O rings on the chain are even dry rotted. Never seen that. Probably fix that with a few cans of WD, right?

Will bring her (Rusty?) and a pocket full of cake up to AOMC for an eval and parts order session Tuesday then it's disassemble, inspect, clean/replace, regrease, reassemble ...and repeat! OMG that sounds boring and tedious!

Hmmmm. My first orange bike. At first glance, it appears I may need some new/different/special tools and many adult beverages. How the F@#K do ya get this seat off!!! Oh Screw this, I'm gonna ride it Wednesday! Single track, up the creek. Come join. She'll hold together for a ride or 2.

So, as I expect to pummel this bike on insanely difficult ST at least two days a week for the foreseeable future, any advice from all you ADVers on the virtues and pitfalls of this particular make/model would be greatly appreciated. I have already spoken with an unenthusiastic but very helpful tdrrally (whatever makes you smile, man).

Thanks in advance.

Ride On People...
And may all your trails be happy!
"But first... first you must travel a long and difficult road, a road fraught with peril. Mm-hmm. You shall see thangs, wonderful to tell. And, oh, so many startlements. I cannot tell you how long this road shall be, but fear not the obstacles in your path, for fate has vouchsafed your reward. Though the road may wind, yea, your hearts grow weary, still shall ye follow them." -The Blind Seer

Jimmy crack corn screwed with this post 04-29-2013 at 11:19 AM Reason: Curse words were needed!
Jimmy crack corn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 09:56 AM   #8711
WVhillbilly
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,694
Got home a couple hours ago, be here for about 2 weeks.
Ready to ride.
WVhillbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 11:18 AM   #8712
Rider_WV
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy crack corn View Post
Like this one???

http://charlestonwv.craigslist.org/mcy/3768575153.html

Sold the 650L a few weeks ago...
Traded the CRFX yesterday for this... One of Thornhills old race bikes. Watched the PO race it at Rocky Fork Sat night and I rode it in the woods above Dunbar yesterday. Runs great and rides smoooooth.

Sad thing is, I think it's been stored (sitting) outside since the last gncc race of 2010. The O rings on the chain are even dry rotted. Never seen that. Probably fix that with a few cans of WD, right?

Will bring her (Rusty?) and a pocket full of cake up to AOMC for an eval and parts order session Tuesday then it's disassemble, inspect, clean/replace, regrease, reassemble ...and repeat! OMG that sounds boring and tedious!

Hmmmm. My first orange bike. At first glance, it appears I may need some new/different/special tools and many adult beverages. How the F@#K do ya get this seat off!!! Oh Screw this, I'm gonna ride it Wednesday! Single track, up the creek. Come join. She'll hold together for a ride or 2.

I expect to pummel this bike on insanely difficult ST at least two days a week for the foreseeable future and any advice from all you ADVers on this particular make/model would be greatly appreciated. I have already spoken with an unenthusiastic but very helpful tdrrally (whatever makes you smile, man).

Thanks in advance.

Ride On People
Awesome man!

My only advice would be keep mike on speed dial and have him keep your credit card number on file
Old 04-29-2013, 11:32 AM   #8713
gimpy9195
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 803
Hey guys, Just wanted to pluck your brain for a quick second. I am looking for a location. Here's the picture I got to go off of. I am thinking there might be a grander view if the camera was turned in another direction.

What do you think? PM me if you got any ideas :)

gimpy9195 screwed with this post 04-29-2013 at 11:44 AM
gimpy9195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 11:42 AM   #8714
WVhillbilly
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,694
Linky no work.
WVhillbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 11:45 AM   #8715
gimpy9195
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 803
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVhillbilly View Post
Linky no work.
Sorry bout that hillbilly. I changed it to a picture. You know who eggy is? The NA TOR? I got him in my saddlebag. If I get him close you guys think you can run with him?
gimpy9195 is offline   Reply With Quote