Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Racing
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-28-2013, 10:31 AM   #2671
frog
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,767
hat was crazy. Roczen had some bad luck and tomac just looked off and couldn't capitalize on it. He must have ruined himself by riding a 450. Lol

Reed also looked off or was just not trying hard. The top three would drive in and out of our corner. When reed came through it looked like he was on a Sunday ride.

It was amazing to see how fast they come into the corner and how early they get back to wfo. The back of the pack, who are still extremely fast, look like a bunch of noobs. Lots of brakes in, slow through the middle and on it when they are almost straight. And they look like they are working three times harder.

Crazy how slow pro's make mortals look.

Now bring on motocross in Aug.

Sent from my DROID RAZR
frog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 11:33 AM   #2672
1greenmachine
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 684
Villopoto is the man, he had everything to lose while Millsapps and Dungey it was win or die and they just couldn't get him.

Did anyone get the feeling that RV was not pushing the ragged edge like the other two because they would get pretty close but never enough to get the door open for the pass. He knows how and when to get business done and thats why he's a 3 peat.
1greenmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 12:58 PM   #2673
Gordy
Team Listo

Oddometer: 22,199
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1greenmachine View Post
Villopoto is the man, he had everything to lose while Millsapps and Dungey it was win or die and they just couldn't get him.

Did anyone get the feeling that RV was not pushing the ragged edge like the other two because they would get pretty close but never enough to get the door open for the pass. He knows how and when to get business done and thats why he's a 3 peat.
I got the feeling that every time the three rider train came up on a lapper that the lapper would yield to what they thought was one rider coming through and didn't realize that there were two more right behind him, thus screwing things up.
There was one lapper (ignoring the blue) that I thought the flag man was going to clothesline the idiot with his flag in an attempt to get him to yield. What a douche. This was after RV had went through and he saw what was going on.

Yup, Milsaps is the real deal alright. His pass of RV in the heat was sick!
Gordy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 02:29 PM   #2674
frog
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,767
Start of the race and the end of Dungey and Millsap's chances.
frog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 03:07 PM   #2675
ADK OP
____

Oddometer: 8,172
Thumb

Who was saying RV's heart isn't in it? H didn't need to win last night but he did just to show who's the boss.
ADK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 03:40 PM   #2676
mdubya
Right Brigade

Oddometer: 7,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by frog View Post
Start of the race and the end of Dungey and Millsap's chances.
It was like Dungey didn't know what to do with the lead.

He certainly had the speed mid-race.
Old 04-28-2013, 03:46 PM   #2677
AlsoRan
Lone Trail Of Dust

Oddometer: 390
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1greenmachine View Post

I think they were all running as hard as they could, just with the track being somewhat one-lined there was nothing left. Maybe through the whoops but they could not get close enough. I think R.V. would have preferred a little more gap on second. Nice mistake-free race by the top 3!
Old 04-28-2013, 05:10 PM   #2678
pbarmy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,818
Nice job by Jason Anderson,tho you wouldn't know it by Speed's coverage of the sketchy ride by Tomac.And I hope Roczen wins the title but,WHAT A DOUCHE! WTF?Hell of a battle in the 450's,Sheheens still an assbag.
Old 04-28-2013, 05:46 PM   #2679
ADK OP
____

Oddometer: 8,172
Laugh

what is Sheheen doing wrong? not my favorite announcer but not bad. Erin needs replacing with somebody younger/cuter.
ADK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 06:03 PM   #2680
nachtflug
infidel

Oddometer: 46,170
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADK View Post
what is Sheheen doing wrong? not my favorite announcer but not bad. Erin needs replacing with somebody younger/cuter.
if nothing else he is enthusiastic. the biggest problem with the broadcasts is that the announcers aren't always in sync with the action on screen. last night particularly. at the end of the day I can live with Sheheen and I will second Erin needs to either move on or be less dramatic and show a little more respect and empathy when interviewing riders who've just had serious mishaps. this isn't wrestling.
nachtflug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 06:14 PM   #2681
IgoFar
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 636
Quote:
I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't get the Sheheen bashing. Could the commentary be better? maybe. But I think Sheheen, Windam, and Emig do a good job. Maybe they should hire Brent Mussberger and John Madden to call the races. Do you think that would be an improvement? I have no problem with Erin Bates either.
IgoFar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 06:35 PM   #2682
ludger
Adventurer

Oddometer: 29
Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by IgoFar View Post
I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't get the Sheheen bashing. Could the commentary be better? maybe. But I think Sheheen, Windam, and Emig do a good job. Maybe they should hire Brent Mussberger and John Madden to call the races. Do you think that would be an improvement? I have no problem with Erin Bates either.
i have no problem with erin bates either.to bad she put her jacket on last night.
ludger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 06:54 PM   #2683
Foot dragger
singletracker

Oddometer: 12,818
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubya View Post
It was like Dungey didn't know what to do with the lead.

He certainly had the speed mid-race.
Dungey left the door open and rode around the turn too casually,RV had to pass him.
Dungey needs to bring the killer instinct to the surface more often then twice a year,especially on the starts.
Heck of a consistent rider but .........

Maybe he'll kick ass outdoors.
Old 04-28-2013, 06:58 PM   #2684
Foot dragger
singletracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludger View Post
i have no problem with erin bates either.to bad she put her jacket on last night.
Sheheen sorta promotes excitement for excitement's sake whether somethings really happening on the track or not,sometimes gets guy's names wrong,but overall he does pretty good.
Emig does his best to keep it rolling,getting better at it.
Carmichael is a racer commenting on racers,could be worse.
Old 04-28-2013, 07:03 PM   #2685
Foot dragger
singletracker

Quote:
They already have about 6 or 9 younger cuter board holder girls running around winking and wiggling in synchronized brainlessness.
Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Erin does fine,she knows the racers and gets the basics done.
And still very nice to look at.