Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-28-2013, 05:49 PM   #211
Just_P_Dirty
Its more fun when Dirty!

Oddometer: 273
i have the stock seat and the comfort seat and neither one of them look like what you have. i think mine is the 18L tank. 2004 sxc...u got something different maybe super motard smc/duke.
Old 07-12-2013, 11:50 PM   #212
mendydrz
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 278
Just thought I'd bang up a phot of my bike with my pelican case panniers

Old 08-11-2013, 11:12 PM   #213
Young-Gun
KTM Tragic

Oddometer: 833
Fuel line question

Hey gents, does anyone happen to know what the internal diameter is for our fuel lines? Also, whatever it is, would it be the same as for the 640 adv?
KTM 625SXC - Adventure bike (project)
GPS and other items for sale
Young-Gun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 08:46 PM   #214
Caldy
Live your Dreams

Oddometer: 116
Laugh 625SXC as Adventure bike

Here's a couple of photos of my '05 SXC on a recent 1,100km weekend ride from Brisbane to Monto return.

A few mods over the recent years include tall screen, rack, centre stand, 17l Safari tank and Cush drive hub. The result is a great adv bike that is lighter, faster and handles better (IMHO) than a 640 Adv.

Cheers

Caldy screwed with this post 10-31-2013 at 09:11 PM
Caldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 05:13 PM   #215
chasbo
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,538
I want to increase my fuel capacity for my 03 SXC. Since I have the BST carb, I was thinking my best option is the KTM 18L tank. Does KTM still offer them? If not, are there any other sources. It seems like every aftermarket tank offered is setup for the FCR carb.
Old 11-02-2013, 05:34 PM   #216
wrk2surf
on the gas or brakes

Oddometer: 6,470
it doesnt matter which carb you use.. you can find 18 ltrs on ebay under 640 duke or LC4's for sale. YOU WILL however need to get a matching seat as each tank utilizes its own type of seat. Meaning if you get a 28 ltr tank you will need an adventure seat, 18 ltr takes a Duke, LC4 seat and the SXC tank and seat only match. Aftermarket safari tanks I belive can use the stock SXC seat but arent an ideal fit.. hope this helps
Thanks for the 2015 support: BELL HELMETS, SCOTT USA, Kriega USA, SEATCONCEPTS.COM , Galfer USA, Carbon-pro.com, GPR stabilzers, Sidi/Motonation, Masters paint and body, Magura , Motolab , Loctite and Dunlop tires .
wrk2surf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 05:36 PM   #217
chasbo
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrk2surf View Post
it doesnt matter which carb you use.. you can find 18 ltrs on ebay under 640 duke or LC4's for sale. YOU WILL however need to get a matching seat as each tank utilizes its own type of seat. Meaning if you get a 28 ltr tank you will need an adventure seat, 18 ltr takes a Duke, LC4 seat and the SXC tank and seat only match. Aftermarket safari tanks I belive can use the stock SXC seat but arent an ideal fit.. hope this helps

I have two different seats as well as two different tanks. The 9L and 13L tanks/seat setups. Is there another seat besides those two?
Old 11-02-2013, 08:42 PM   #218
rtwpaul
out riding...

Oddometer: 1,937
i have a 2003 SXC, with a 28 liter safari tank and a stock seat recovered by seat concepts, with the BST carb... you need to dimple the bottom of the tank with a heat gun for clearance, i used a domed steel dolly to create about 1/2" clearance, took minutes...so no need for a carb or seat change from stock

see my build thread for details..KTM - LC4 Round the World ADVenturization

rtwpaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 01:33 AM   #219
mendydrz
Gnarly Adventurer

625 not starting

So my 625 isn't starting
I recently replaced the wiring harness with a new one
New battery
Battery has power running to the starter relay but nothing from the relay to the starter motor.
No power forward to the indicators or lights

I'm leaning towards starter relay problem but is there anything else it could be?
Old 11-03-2013, 01:41 AM   #220
rtwpaul
out riding...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mendydrz View Post
So my 625 isn't starting
I recently replaced the wiring harness with a new one
New battery
Battery has power running to the starter relay but nothing from the relay to the starter motor.
No power forward to the indicators or lights

I'm leaning towards starter relay problem but is there anything else it could be?
maybe and obvious question...have you checked for spark first?
Old 11-03-2013, 02:15 AM   #221
mendydrz
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtwpaul View Post
maybe and obvious question...have you checked for spark first?
No spark no anything, just a big orange lump
Old 11-03-2013, 03:35 AM   #222
rtwpaul
out riding...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mendydrz View Post
No spark no anything, just a big orange lump
makes sure your battery is good first of all, check voltage with nothing connected then connect back up and turn the bike on and you still have 12.8 volts or more, if the voltage is dropping with no lights on you have a ground in your system somewhere, if thats good, turn yoru bike over and see if the voltage drops dramatically, use the decompress lever so it turns over easily

if you have a test light or multimeter, check the positive lead connecting to the coil here's a link to a color wiring schematic, my sxc manual doesn't have one, this is from a 640 A but basically the same so makes your life easier to trace most of your wires

you need to trace back to where you have power, and if need be unplug area that you know are working, lights horn etc and see if anything is disconnected that you get a spark...if you break w your wiring into sections you will find it easier to work with and understand...charging/ lights/ switched power/ ignition etc

check that you don't have a ground in your system, turn your bike on and basically hook a test light to negative, touch a metal part of the bike, if the test light lights up then you have a wire that has rubbed thru and it touching your frame, this maybe creating a short

lots of things to check prior to spending any money

you might not want to hear this but i had a similar problem recently and i have had to replace the stator, starter relay, ECM, coil and a few other minor things to the tune of around $500...all of them fried as one unit

you'll figure it out and once you do you'll understand your bike better, let me know how you get on
Old 11-03-2013, 04:22 PM   #223
chasbo
Beastly Adventurer

Thanks for the tip Paul. I remember reading your thread and had forgotten that you ended up with the safari tank as well. I was leaning towards the 17l version.
Old 11-03-2013, 07:55 PM   #224
rtwpaul
out riding...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasbo View Post
Thanks for the tip Paul. I remember reading your thread and had forgotten that you ended up with the safari tank as well. I was leaning towards the 17l version.
principle would be the same though with the clearance issue, it is very minimal and easy to correct and a lot cheaper than a new carb, so that opens you up to any tank now you know it can be done
Old 11-12-2013, 02:33 PM   #225
Skygod
Move fast, keep low.

Oddometer: 56
Had my 625 for a year now and after some serious modifications have just got back from a trip to Morocco. The bike didn`t miss a beat the whole trip.

GOOD TIMES.

More pics to follow.

photo image-2.jpeg

photo image-1.jpeg

photo 4-3.jpg