ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Australia
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-22-2013, 02:07 AM   #166
Fozzy
Time poor, bike rich
 
Fozzy's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: ACT, Australia
Oddometer: 94
Fozzy has left the building

Hi SYDADVGS,
I won't be able to make this get together after all. A long story that involves too many sherbets, a deep & meaningful conversation about life, the universe & our place it and the blurry memory of a promise made.
Have fun all.
__________________
Cheers,
Fozzy
2011 F800GS (with mods - especially the seat)

Capability challenged, but keen...
Fozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 04:12 AM   #167
cams
Gnarly Adventurer
 
cams's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: south east oz
Oddometer: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevgriff64 View Post
Wonder if they stack as they cut?

No need for an outside fire, last couple of times I was there the open fire inside was burning beautifully. Easier access to the Bar with it being inside as well.
the local constable is 6'3" 20 stone and use to play for the steelers ..... handle with care, id say.
__________________
to be old & wise ,you must first survive young & stupid.
cams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 06:57 AM   #168
Racketeer
Must escape......
 
Racketeer's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: Melbourne near the sshitty...I mean the City!!
Oddometer: 881
Quote:
Originally Posted by ararat View Post
Children just hop on the SE's and let this discussion go.
Where would the fun be in letting it go Rat????....

Ohh.. OK....
Racketeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 11:39 PM   #169
V Twin
Adventurer
 
V Twin's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: Melbourne
Oddometer: 85
Will there be fuel available Sunday morning, and somewhere to get some breaky.


Cheers
Peter
V Twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:50 AM   #170
Hayesy
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jun 2010
Location: Point Cook
Oddometer: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by V Twin View Post
Will there be fuel available Sunday morning, and somewhere to get some breaky.
There is a cafe, and the servo is supposed to be open half days on the w/e.
But I don't know the times.

But realistically
If you could get across the Simpson hows fuel going to be a problem in Vic?
It might be time to start that diet pudding guts....
your 2kg off my weight (fat) and catching me fast
Hayesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 12:49 PM   #171
atgreg
Africatwinarama
 
atgreg's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2003
Location: Sydney Australia
Oddometer: 9,987
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDog View Post
So Perry, are you ready to rumble mate? I'm thinking Friday we head for Temora, make it an early day and go down the museum for a sticky. Then off to Bombala via Gundagai and Tumut etc etc. What dya reckon?
Pezz , OldDog, what are your plans ??, Im in Canberra on the thurs night and havent made any real plans for fri / sat , Temora sounds interesting
__________________
1990 RD04 Africa twin 750
350,000km and still going strong
atgreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:40 PM   #172
BergDonk
Beastly Adventurer
 
BergDonk's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Location: Snowy Mountains Oz
Oddometer: 3,032
Petrol

I won't be there as am off to Birdsville, but have used the following info successfully in the past.
"John is only too happy to get petrol for your men next weekend.
I gave you the garage number 6458 8047, here is our home number 6458 8148.
I will get Johns mobile number for you as well and send next week - he takes it when he delivers gas and I have it on speed dial so I can't remember it... not good..."

If you call him and say that, say, 20 bikes will be there between 08.00 and 08.30, he'll open up. Its the NRMA shed, I think, in the main drag. Call to check it out.
__________________
shed time IS quality time
BergDonk's DR650 BergDonk's XT1200Z

BergDonk screwed with this post 04-25-2013 at 10:54 PM
BergDonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 11:08 PM   #173
V Twin
Adventurer
 
V Twin's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: Melbourne
Oddometer: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayesy View Post
There is a cafe, and the servo is supposed to be open half days on the w/e.
But I don't know the times.

But realistically
If you could get across the Simpson hows fuel going to be a problem in Vic?
It might be time to start that diet pudding guts....
your 2kg off my weight (fat) and catching me fast
No problem in Vic, but Delegate is in NSW.
Not even going to bite on the later statement.


Quote:
Originally Posted by BergDonk View Post
I won't be there as am off to Birdsville, but have used the following info successfully in the past.
"John is only too happy to get petrol for your men next weekend.
I gave you the garage number 6458 8047, here is our home number 6458 8148.
I will get Johns mobile number for you as well and send next week - he takes it when he delivers gas and I have it on speed dial so I can't remember it... not good..."

If you call him and say that, say, 20 bikes will be there between 08.00 and 08.30, he'll open up. Its the NRMA shed, I think, in the main drag. Call to check it out.

Thanks for the info.

Just called him, he is open till 12.00 Sat and 10.00am till 12.00 Sun.

You and your wife have a safe and enjoyable trip, we will catch up on your return.
V Twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:07 AM   #174
Hayesy
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jun 2010
Location: Point Cook
Oddometer: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by V Twin View Post
Will there be fuel available Sunday morning, and somewhere to get some breaky.
Cheers
Peter
Cafe starts cooking at 11am Sun
Is open earlier but only newspaper a coffee and maybe a pie

Fuel is available at The Motor House near the cafe from 10am to about 11:45 on Sunday (this is Johns normal hours)
Hayesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 04:28 AM   #175
richo360
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2011
Location: Melb S/S/E
Oddometer: 792
The cafe does a great breakfast roll.
__________________
700RR
richo360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 04:37 AM   #176
nevgriff64
Spelt with 2 ffs
 
nevgriff64's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: Melbourne Australia
Oddometer: 13,437
I'm pretty sure the Pub did a cooked breakfast for us last time.



Unfortunately, I was too crook to try it.
nevgriff64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 12:41 AM   #177
Turborob
Minimalist.
 
Turborob's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: Aussie riding North America
Oddometer: 599
I'm looking like a definite maybe. At this stage, I'll camp.

Was going to change the knobby for a roady, but I think I'll wait.....
__________________
Latest ride report: Nongs ride the Americas
All RRs

The best rider is the one who enjoys it most.
Turborob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 02:18 AM   #178
kaengurooo
Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: MacArthur NSW
Oddometer: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turborob View Post
I'm looking like a definite maybe. At this stage, I'll camp.

Was going to change the knobby for a roady, but I think I'll wait.....
Well that is somethink I am not shure about it, will it be there in the snowys better to have knobbys on or will road tyres do the job? I come from Campbelltown, so I reckon most of the trip will be on tare roads! Could maybe someone from Sydney give me a hind what would be better?
Cheers Klaus!
kaengurooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 09:33 PM   #179
cams
Gnarly Adventurer
 
cams's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: south east oz
Oddometer: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaengurooo View Post
Well that is somethink I am not shure about it, will it be there in the snowys better to have knobbys on or will road tyres do the job? I come from Campbelltown, so I reckon most of the trip will be on tare roads! Could maybe someone from Sydney give me a hind what would be better?
Cheers Klaus!
hiedi k 60s front ad rear
__________________
to be old & wise ,you must first survive young & stupid.
cams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 06:14 PM   #180
nevgriff64
Spelt with 2 ffs
 
nevgriff64's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: Melbourne Australia
Oddometer: 13,437
10 days to go.
nevgriff64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 12:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014