Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-22-2013, 02:11 PM   #601
OneEffinName
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 462
BAH - YOU are arguing sematics. Look at what you wrote before you open your trap.

"the 350 EXC is an enduro while the FR is a hybrid Trials bike"

The FR is *not* a hybrid trials bike (as YOU wrote). It comes from enduro with light frame, suspension and brakes. An *enduro* engine tuned for more torque.

What a dweeb.
OneEffinName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 02:30 PM   #602
MexMex
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by STANIMAL View Post
How did they do ?
I would like to think that not bad at all...
MexMex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 02:36 PM   #603
STANIMAL
SUPPORT THE SECOND

Oddometer: 2,820
Quote:
Originally Posted by MexMex View Post
I would like to think that not bad at all...
I like your scientific approach .
I'm ignorant, but happy---steyr_scout308
STANIMAL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 11:17 PM   #604
jesusgatos
fishing with dynamite

Oddometer: 2,356
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneEffinName View Post
BAH - YOU are arguing sematics. Look at what you wrote before you open your trap.

"the 350 EXC is an enduro while the FR is a hybrid Trials bike"

The FR is *not* a hybrid trials bike (as YOU wrote). It comes from enduro with light frame, suspension and brakes. An *enduro* engine tuned for more torque.

What a dweeb.
whoa there, simmer down...
jesusgatos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 12:16 PM   #605
jerdog53
Crop Dusting Everywhere

Oddometer: 4,529
Acording to my local big box store dealer we should start seeing these in showrooms come fall...

"Shorter of breath and one day closer to death"
jerdog53 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:04 AM   #606
DrKayak
Retro Rider

Oddometer: 742
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerdog53 View Post
Acording to my local big box store dealer we should start seeing these in showrooms come fall...
Ask him if they will be plated for street.
04 FZ1
DrKayak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 07:37 AM   #607
ktmmitch
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 535
first impression

Just had a new Freeride out the last couple of weeks,getting better now it is loosening up a bit.It has really opened up a lot of new places to go on our normal route.
http://s656.photobucket.com/user/ktm...fa7f3.mp4.html

Everyone that has ridden it has come back with a big grin,it certainly creates interest wherever you go.
ktmmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 08:09 AM   #608
milzispete
Conquistador

Oddometer: 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmmitch View Post
Just had a new Freeride out the last couple of weeks,getting better now it is loosening up a bit.It has really opened up a lot of new places to go on our normal route.
http://s656.photobucket.com/user/ktm...fa7f3.mp4.html

Everyone that has ridden it has come back with a big grin,it certainly creates interest wherever you go.

Glad you're enjoying it. When can we expect to see the 20 litre evo kit for it?
Old 04-28-2013, 09:47 AM   #609
goof
n00b

Oddometer: 1
when, oh when, mighty orange one.....

Hey, Austrian Dude, how's 'bout releasing the Freeride 350 to us undeserving yanks? THEN, directed injected Husky next year. Attaboy
goof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 03:28 AM   #610
One67
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 106
I just got back from a weekend away camping and trail riding with mates, and I've got to say that this bike is blowing my mind, it's that good.

I feel like I'm a better rider now than I was in my 20's, I have a mate who's similar vintage to me (late 40's) ,similar experience and skill ,on a CRF450, and I'm leaving him behind on the trails.

This has got nothing to do with me becoming a better rider and everthing to do with the Freeride being so easy to ride, I'm having a go at gnarlier hill climbs than I ever have before (it helps when you've got 7 mates pushing you to go harder ).

It is almost as much fun sitting around the fire at night re-telling the day's stories (and embelishing them with much laughter)

I'm bloody sore, but I'm stoked.
One67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 09:48 AM   #611
NVTS
stupid hipster dufus

Oddometer: 606
When is theU.S. dealer meeting? We should know about the free ride shortly thereafter. Street legal in the USA and I'm a buyer, I'll put my deposit down sight unseen. NVTS
NVTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 06:28 PM   #612
250kicker
Adventurer

Oddometer: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVTS View Post
When is theU.S. dealer meeting? We should know about the free ride shortly thereafter. Street legal in the USA and I'm a buyer, I'll put my deposit down sight unseen. NVTS
The dealer meeting last year was June 26th. I posted last year (pg.23 post#344). The dealers I've talked to in the U.S. seem to say fat chance of it ever coming here, too environmentally friendly. It just doesn't dig deep enough ruts or make enough noise for consumers.
250kicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 08:37 PM   #613
error cooled
anything but asphalt

Oddometer: 1,162
Quote:
Originally Posted by 250kicker View Post
too environmentally friendly. It just doesn't dig deep enough ruts or make enough noise for consumers.
error cooled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 11:43 PM   #614
rickypanecatyl
SE Asia adventure tours

Oddometer: 1,100
So anyone manage to rack up some serious miles on them? I'm starting to see them everywhere thanks to the 5,000+ Duke 200's sold last year.

I'm wondering how reliable they've been for guys who do LOTS of miles. I'd be thrilled if it came close to the reliability of my KLX351 (250cc with 351cc big bore). My 351 has got close to 50K KM now, (90,ooo on the whole bike). It's only had 1 valve check and about 7 oil changes in that time and no problems. It's got more power/torque than the "detuned" freeride though probably weighs a few kg more...

I'm just throwing those numbers out there as a reference point: cheap 350 engine, producing 30 rwhp, massively long service intervals and no issues in 50K KM.
rickypanecatyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 04:42 AM   #615
MexMex
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickypanecatyl View Post
So anyone manage to rack up some serious miles on them? I'm starting to see them everywhere thanks to the 5,000+ Duke 200's sold last year.

I'm wondering how reliable they've been for guys who do LOTS of miles. I'd be thrilled if it came close to the reliability of my KLX351 (250cc with 351cc big bore). My 351 has got close to 50K KM now, (90,ooo on the whole bike). It's only had 1 valve check and about 7 oil changes in that time and no problems. It's got more power/torque than the "detuned" freeride though probably weighs a few kg more...

I'm just throwing those numbers out there as a reference point: cheap 350 engine, producing 30 rwhp, massively long service intervals and no issues in 50K KM.
I have 110 hours on mine, 65 hours on my wife bike, and another 40 hours on last year Romaniacs rental bike.
No problems what so ever.

But they are NOT dual purpose bikes like your KLX!
Those are play bike that can go to the hardest trails with ease. They are not designed to go fire roads or highway for more than few miles. They are not comfortable in "high" speed of over 50 mph.

If you like single tracks, hills, slopes, rocks these bike is for you. Get it modified to your needs and start loughing on your friends
MexMex is offline   Reply With Quote