Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-29-2013, 12:41 AM   #8701
madefrtv
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 427
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclingjetpilot View Post
I was on a ride yesterday and turned off the bike with kill switch. I forgot to turn the key to the off position, and pulled the whole key cylinder out. I was able to put it right back in and it worked normally. It pulls right out easily in the on position. Can you guys with 2013 GS LC check this, and let me know results?
Mine does not do this.

whoa, dude...
madefrtv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 02:19 AM   #8702
At adventure
AB

Oddometer: 127
Gps

My bike came with the GPS bracket but the dealer still wanted $1600 for the BMW nav IV (" incl. installation") which is a Garmin Zumo 660 that I can buy for $560. I understand the power socket is different and the handlebar controller will not work. Is there a way around this? E.g an adaptor for the 660 and a cheat that will sync it with the controller whilst saving me a grand! I don't care if I don't get the BMW warranty.
Thanks for any feedback
AB
At adventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 02:25 AM   #8703
Hicks
der Überluber

Oddometer: 457
Quote:
Originally Posted by At adventure View Post
My bike came with the GPS bracket but the dealer still wanted $1600 for the BMW nav IV (" incl. installation") which is a Garmin Zumo 660 that I can buy for $560. I understand the power socket is different and the handlebar controller will not work. Is there a way around this? E.g an adaptor for the 660 and a cheat that will sync it with the controller whilst saving me a grand! I don't care if I don't get the BMW warranty.
Thanks for any feedback
AB
it should cost ~800-900USD... 1600USD is insane imho:

http://www.ascycles.com/detail.aspx?ID=121329
Old 04-29-2013, 02:38 AM   #8704
NLS
My bike needs washing...

Oddometer: 3,036
Quote:
Thanks for any feedback
AB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
it should cost ~800-900USD... 1600USD is insane imho:

http://www.ascycles.com/detail.aspx?ID=121329

He is saying 1600AUD which is even worse.

Tell your dealer the joke was funny, but now he can give you the real price (which is around half).

Else most definitely arrange to import it yourself.
NLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 02:49 AM   #8705
fallingoff
Banned

Oddometer: 3,677
Quote:
Thanks for any feedback
AB
use this to order in us
'
http://www.myus.com/en/landing-l/?aid=1000721

pay us prices

cheers
fallingoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 02:51 AM   #8706
Voz
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLS View Post
He is saying 1600AUD which is even worse.

Tell your dealer the joke was funny, but now he can give you the real price (which is around half).

Else most definitely arrange to import it yourself.
My Sydney dealer wants $1000 for the unit plus about $300 for the maps.

Ryda in Sydney sell the 660 with Aus maps for $527, same unit but you won't get the wheel working, big deal.
Voz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 04:03 AM   #8707
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by IB1 View Post
I know the 'problem'. When it is cold and I start my bike in first gear is gets a little push forward. And it also has a tendancy to jump ahead a little when shifting it in 1st gear.
Yes, I have (had) this "jump forward" thing as well, but its gotten worse. With the clutch lever is pos. 1 the bike won't go from first to second gear with the clutch lever fully engaged.
The bike has a little over 3000km now.
268 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 04:30 AM   #8708
At adventure
AB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voz View Post
My Sydney dealer wants $1000 for the unit plus about $300 for the maps.

Ryda in Sydney sell the 660 with Aus maps for $527, same unit but you won't get the wheel working, big deal.
I am with you on this BUT I don't think the 660 clips straight into to BMW bracket! So I will have to trash that! I think buying it out of the US might be the go I just hope there isn't a trick to getting it to sync to the controller.

Btw a fully tricked WC costs approx. $US 30k in Oz!
Old 04-29-2013, 04:42 AM   #8709
Voz
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 345
Quote:
I am with you on this BUT I don't think the 660 clips straight into to BMW bracket! So I will have to trash that! I think buying it out of the US might be the go I just hope there isn't a trick to getting it to sync to the controller.

Btw a fully tricked WC costs approx. $US 30k in Oz!
Well I was pretty sure that the 660 fits into the BMW GPS bracket on the the LC but I stand to be corrected.

Tell me about the AUS price, I am picking up my fully loaded LC from Procycles in St Peters in a few weeks, was $28K with wire wheels ride away, I did get them to throw in the BMW 55L softbag, at least I got something, lol!
Voz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 05:11 AM   #8710
At adventure
AB

Quote:
Well I was pretty sure that the 660 fits into the BMW GPS bracket on the the LC but I stand to be corrected.

Tell me about the AUS price, I am picking up my fully loaded LC from Procycles in St Peters in a few weeks, was $28K with wire wheels ride away, I did get them to throw in the BMW 55L softbag, at least I got something, lol!
Yeah basically the same spec and price as mine from Procycles Hornsby. They charged me $350 for the first service which I am pretty pissed about. Maybe that is just me as it is my first new bike. But I have bought 4 new BMW cars in the past and never paid a cent for the first service!

I did not buy the BMW crash bars but installed some black Hepco and Becker bars last week. They look great on the Thunder Grey and half the price.

Will post some photos if I can work out how to do it from an iPad!? I have managed to recycle a few things from my old 2010 GS like the tank bag, luggage plate and side stand enlarger which I am sure lots of inmates will be interested in seeing.
Old 04-29-2013, 05:23 AM   #8711
IB1
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 851
Quote:
Originally Posted by antwerp View Post
Yes, I have (had) this "jump forward" thing as well, but its gotten worse. With the clutch lever is pos. 1 the bike won't go from first to second gear with the clutch lever fully engaged.
The bike has a little over 3000km now.
Discovered another little thing yesterday. Riding at around 40 mph with cruise control handsfree. The steering wheel is oscillating a bit. The wheel keeps going nice and straight, but the handlebars visually osscilate a bit. A bit strange and doesn't inspire confidence to ride handsfree.
IB1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 05:24 AM   #8712
fallingoff
Banned

Oddometer: 3,677
Quote:
Yeah basically the same spec and price as mine from Procycles Hornsby. They charged me $350 for the first service which I am pretty pissed about. Maybe that is just me as it is my first new bike. But I have bought 4 new BMW cars in the past and never paid a cent for the first service!

I did not buy the BMW crash bars but installed some black Hepco and Becker bars last week. They look great on the Thunder Grey and half the price.

Will post some photos if I can work out how to do it from an iPad!? I have managed to recycle a few things from my old 2010 GS like the tank bag, luggage plate and side stand enlarger which I am sure lots of inmates will be interested in seeing.
stay away from procycles Hornsby

they are a worry

pm if you want more info

cheers
fallingoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 05:25 AM   #8713
IB1
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 851
Quote:

The 660 works perfectly. You just don't get the thumb wheel controls. I am using my 660 from my old bike on my GS.
IB1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 05:28 AM   #8714
cjack
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 854
Quote:
Originally Posted by madefrtv View Post
Mine does not do this.
There is a spring loaded plate in the last slot of the lock cylinder that keeps the cylinder from pulling out. It's not there, sticky, or just not pushed down all the way to slide into it's position when it comes out like that.
RA & MOA #224

cjack screwed with this post 04-29-2013 at 05:34 AM
cjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 05:32 AM   #8715
cjack
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 854
Quote:

I believe the cars are sold with service for the warranty period, but the motorcycles never have.
RA & MOA #224
cjack is offline   Reply With Quote